PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ghost and Welker get the Pro-Bowl Nod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brett Favre makes Pro Bowl?? Blech.....

:wha::ugh: :nooo: :confused: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

too bad,favre's karma hasnt helped himself during the playoff game against the giants last yr in OT, or the 4th and 26 game against the eagles or the 6 INT game against STL in the playoffs and against ATL at home against a dome team in the snow when he threw picks.
yes ..he has taken all that karma to nyc now...

that is such a joke about Farve, I dont really care about the pro bowl.. Farve is a farce and the game now is offically a joke.. He has done nothing in the last month,.... The game is a big joke, glad for Welker and Ghost, but I wont be wathcing.. And Farve will bow out anyway..

===============================================

Normally I would agree and not watch the game, although the QB challenges and the fastest man competitions used to be great.
It's just with 7+ Jets in the game it will be almost like watching the Jets Vs the all star team, should be great exposure for the Jets and great fun for the Jet fans.

Man, Rivers not making the Pro Bowl would be a disgrace if the Pro Bowl wasn't already a disgrace.

you know what will happen. Favre will skip and rivers will go. Favre's legend of letting other players go will grow and he will hog more tv time .:mad:

Normally I would agree and not watch the game, although the QB challenges and the fastest man competitions used to be great.
It's just with 7+ Jets in the game it will be almost like watching the Jets Vs the all star team, should be great exposure for the Jets and great fun for the Jet fans.

if the afc loses then we know which players to blame...:)

Tell me again why assante samual made the pro bowl also??

i agree. You should watch. After the Jets miss out on the post season, it will be nice to see a Jet playing after December.

Can someone tell me how James Farrior makes it over Jerod Mayo? Can someone tell me how Randy Moss doesn't make the pro bowl? He has almost 1,000 yards recieving and 10 td's with a backup QB throwing him the ball. Oh yeah and that QB has passed a ball in a real game since high school. Moss should have taken the spot of Wayne or Marshall. How does Kris Dielman make the pro bowl? The Chargers O-line has sucked this year. It's a joke that Derrick Brooks make the pro bowl over Chad Greenway, Ernie Sims or Karlos Dansby.

Rating
Phillip Rivers: 101.4 (1st)
Brett Favre: 86.5 (15th)

TDs
Phillip Rivers: 28 (1st)
Brett Favre: 21 (8th)

TD/INT Ratio
Phillip Rivers: +17 (1st)
Brett Favre: +4

Average Pass:
Phillip Rivers: 8.3 (1st)
Brett Favre: 6.8 (20th)

Passing Yards
Phillip Rivers: 3,515 (5th)
Brett Favre: 3,052 (12th)

I wish I could see how the votes went on Farve over Rivers. This statistical disparity is insane. It's not even close.

The 15th rated passer goes to the pro bowl? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how James Farrior makes it over Jerod Mayo? Can someone tell me how Randy Moss doesn't make the pro bowl? He has almost 1,000 yards recieving and 10 td's with a backup QB throwing him the ball. Oh yeah and that QB has passed a ball in a real game since high school. Moss should have taken the spot of Wayne or Marshall. How does Kris Dielman make the pro bowl? The Chargers O-line has sucked this year. It's a joke that Derrick Brooks make the pro bowl over Chad Greenway, Ernie Sims or Karlos Dansby.
Although I'm not sure if he's a Pro Bowler, Farrior's having a really good year and has been a perpetually underrated player. Ernie Sims is having a god awful year.

the pro bowl is stupid.

Great for W3, and Ghost certainly deserves it but I'm kinda pissed as it will now cost us a bigger Cap hit to re-sign him.

IF Randy Moss had caught some of those Cassel passes their wouldn't even be a doubt. But he has had a uncharacteristic number of drops this season compared to years past.

What Ben Watson didn't make it.:D

Re: Brett Favre makes Pro Bowl?? Blech.....

Troy Aikmen "Sporting News" had Favre the favorite for the MVP 2 weeks ago.

Believe it or not Skip Bayless (1st & 10) gave Favre credit for the Jets defensive touchdown that won the game.
He said that these are the things that happen when Brett Favre is on the team.
The Karma is gone in Green Bay because Favre is in New York.

Favre is also reported to have swayed the thiefs decision to return the
baby Jesus to the St Patricks Cathedral Nativity scene.

Is their any truth to the rumors that Favre and Varitek are related?

sadly, I do believe it.

ps..Skip is an idiot.

Congrats to Welker and Gostkowski. Well deserved.

Brett Favray made it over Rivers.... that is embarrassing for the league. Cassel should've even been ahead of Favray.

Absolutely. Just goes to show that skill has nothing to do with it sometimes. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Great for W3, and Ghost certainly deserves it but I'm kinda pissed as it will now cost us a bigger Cap hit to re-sign him.

Methinks that was a given. They're not going to back up the Brinks truck for him, but I think they'll be quite generous. And, with any luck, they'll lock him up this offseason. :)

I wish I could see how the votes went on Farve over Rivers. This statistical disparity is insane. It's not even close.

The 15th rated passer goes to the pro bowl? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that Favre deserves it more, but can people PLEASE stop it with these statistical comparisons.

My God, have we not seen a rookie Rivers get voted in over Tom Brady because of statistics?

Have we not seen Ken O'Brien lead the league statistically?

Having to constantly come from behind in games is going to lead to a lot of yards and gawdy stats because teams are going to play safe. We know losing teams have great passing stats. Horrible run stats, but great passing stats.

It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is, what are you doing when the game is still on the line? Now, that's not an argument for Favre, but I could certianly see people being dismissive of Phillip Rivers.

Congrats to Welker and Ghost! Pretty good haul for us.

Does anyone have a good list of the alternates? I want to see how badly Mankins and Mayo actually got snubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back