Welcome to PatsFans.com

Getting Draft picks signed and in camp......Pats success depends on it.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scott99, Jun 28, 2006.

1. scott99

scott99 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +176 / 78 / -62

#87 Jersey

I was thinking about this today, 30 days until camp, and not one pick signed. I think the Pats success will depend on the benefit of having full uninterrupted camps for certain draft picks.

Oviously Chad Jackson is probably the most important one. Being so thin at WR, it would probably hurt us if we don't get him into camp on time, especially with the Branch situation being so sensitive.

Laurence Maroney is probably second most important. In my opinion, Corey Dillon is a question mark at 32 years old. Best case scenerio is that Dillon stays healthy, runs for 1000 yards, and Maroney gets 500. Worst case, Dillon is nicked like last year, and Maroney misses games due to getting to camp late, not looking forward to the worst case.

David Thomas is in a similar situation as Jackson, I think he will be counted on as a weapon. Mills to a lesser extent.

Obviously it's with the utmost importance that we get Gostkowsi signed also, since most likely he will be our kicker.

All the others would most likely sign before camp.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2005
  2. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Isn't there something going on with the CBA? I thought the reasons we haven't seen the windfall rookie signings was due to the agents not recieving the full terms of the CBA. I think PFT talked about this I will try and find the article.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Until they miss a day of camp it means nothing and the top 2 round picks usually don't sign until a week beforehand anyway. It's way to early for this to be an issue yet.

4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down.

This may affect when the rookies get signed.

5. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I agree about the success part, but only if the rooks are signed for training camp. I don't care if they are signed in July or not.

Don't panic. Picks are almost always signed at the last minute.

6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree...it happens like dominos...one is signed then many and??? NOT a problem until late July.....and PFT will have more on that..

7. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

And the Kraft regime has been singled out in past years for their success in signing all of their picks promptly and without vitriol (with due note of the Guss Scott contract and Ben Watson negotiations).