PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get to know Julian Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The #1 reason Bill B drafted Edelman is to properly prepare the Pats defense to defend the Brown/White Wildcat offense on the practice squad.

That's about it...

You want Edelman to return punts?

His college career consisted of 6 punt returns for 25 yards... That's 4 yards a return.

And he only had 1 catch for 11 yards, so there is no real proof of this kids amazing versatility...

How many catches did Pat White have? How many yards on those receptions? None, you say? Well, he must have had some punt returns. What? None of those either? How about kick returns? Nope. None of those.

Where is the proof of White's versatility?

BTW, Edelman also had 9 punts for 328 net yards.. or 36.4 Yards per punt.

I don't believe people are in this thread advocating or discussing anything that involves taking the ball out of Tommy Brady's hands. Pat White or Julian Edelman, both have been drafted, both have to survive a challenging process to make the roster. I like both kids, I'm glad we don't have both because I'd see them both in the same role on this offense and it has nothing to do with a single wing formation or Tom Brady on the bench or lined up as a WR.

I think that he's all HYPE and won't amount to anything because his attitude sucks.

Ahhh he didn't run routes at HIS pro day now hes a whinny player to daBruinz... ahhh ...

Get your head out your arse... he wants to prove he can be a QB, thats ok with me that kid has enough faith in himself that he wants to prove all the scouts wrong...

Read more than one story about how he didnt want to work out as a WR, and watch more than 1 clip on youTube.

You posts show you have a 0 foundation of anything remotely Pat White, you don't liek the guys and that it.

Neither of them is going to be a QB at the Pro Level. They are going to be WRs.

That's only your opinion... stop spouting like you the truth or something you have no clue. I can't stand people who speak as if they are speaking of known commodities, and all your doing is spouting off your opinion.

I don't think Pat White will be just a WR in the NFL. I think he's going to be all over the field for the Dolphins. WR/RB/QB

How many catches did Pat White have? How many yards on those receptions? None, you say? Well, he must have had some punt returns. What? None of those either? How about kick returns? Nope. None of those.

Where is the proof of White's versatility?

BTW, Edelman also had 9 punts for 328 net yards.. or 36.4 Yards per punt.

YAY!!! So he's ****ty at Punting too!!! GREAT!

So we have a Horrid passer who caught 1 pass and perhaps has the lowest punt return yardage in College ball last year, AAAND he can punt an average of 36 yards.... WOW!!! I mean Wow!!!

This kid has serious NFL talent! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I certainly hope you're right and Pat White is the starting QB for Miami for many years to come.

That's only your opinion... stop spouting like you the truth or something you have no clue. I can't stand people who speak as if they are speaking of known commodities, and all your doing is spouting off your opinion.

I don't think Pat White will be just a WR in the NFL. I think he's going to be all over the field for the Dolphins. WR/RB/QB

YAY!!! So he's ****ty at Punting too!!! GREAT!

So we have a Horrid passer who caught 1 pass and perhaps has the lowest punt return yardage in College ball last year, AAAND he can punt an average of 36 yards.... WOW!!! I mean Wow!!!

This kid has serious NFL talent! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Macgraw, what's your problem? Maybe you think there are a lot of guys who could rush and pass for 1000 yards apiece in division 1 football, return punts, punt, cover punts and kicks, and then run a 4.5 40 and both the fastest 3-cone and the fastest 60 yard-shuttle in the draft. We're talking about a seventh-round draft choice, and in the seventh round you take fliers. Edelman was drafted not because he's a great punter or passer but because the fact that his coach let him do these things is more indication that he's a good athlete. He may not pan out -- not many seventh-rounders do. But as seventh rounders go, he's pretty interesting.

Maybe you wouldn't have thought Josh Cribbs was worth a draft pick either?

Macgraw, what's your problem? Maybe you think there are a lot of guys who could rush and pass for 1000 yards apiece in division 1 football, return punts, punt, cover punts and kicks, and then run a 4.5 40 and both the fastest 3-cone and the fastest 60 yard-shuttle in the draft. We're talking about a seventh-round draft choice, and in the seventh round you take fliers. Edelman was drafted not because he's a great punter or passer but because the fact that his coach let him do these things is more indication that he's a good athlete. He may not pan out -- not many seventh-rounders do. But as seventh rounders go, he's pretty interesting.

Maybe you wouldn't have thought Josh Cribbs was worth a draft pick either?

No that's not it at all, I want him to see success, becuase he's on the Pats, but to compare him with Pat White, and to say he's a better runner than Pat White is unfounded.

Maybe you think there are a lot of guys who could rush and pass for 1000 yards apiece in division 1 football, return punts, punt, cover punts and kicks

As for the NFL, the jack of all trades no where near master of none doesn't work in the NFL. He doesn't excel in any facet of Football. He's not anywhere near serviceable as a returner according to his college stats, he's a poor poor passer, and his running although nice for a QB, still is nothing special compared to the MANY MANY running QBs out there in the Collegiate level.

Your right, he's a 7th round flyer pick... and hopefully he can show the coaches soemthing in order to make the team.

I am simply stressing that you have to evaluate this stuff in reality, This board is notorious for overhyping draft picks that never pan out, yet we do it year after year.

Edelman has nowhere to go but up, no expectation to do anything, the only thing he can do is impress and earn a spot.

Its amazing how people like yourself are the ones who reamble incessantly and make the logically incoherent posts yet you always point the finger at someone else.

The OPs suggestion has merit. Why not hit the guy who is lined out WIDE. He's not the QB when out there. That's what YOU clearly can't comprehend. And I'm amazed that you are so obtuse to not be able to figure out how to hit a receiver between the shoulders and knees, stationary or not. But clearly I shouldn't expect more from you. You can't even comprehend simple english.

Cool! I never knew that Nathan Thurm posted here.

319625755.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick