PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Edelman calls the Bills "Fake Champions"

When did the Bills refer to themselves as Champs?
I guess due to reports around the bills players they were reading thier own press clippings, feeling like they should have been a superbowl team.. they are a good team.. they are only 10 consecutive AFC appearances, 6 titles and 2 decades of 12-14 win seasons away from it that's all..

One day we'll probably look back at these Bills teams laugh that, no matter what era, the height of the Bills' power is *always* just short of the ultimate goal.

Kinda like a virgin who jizzes his pants whenever he's finally on the verge of getting laid.

I recall something similar going on with the Bills back in the late 80s. The "Bickering Bills" as they were known. Jim Kelly throwing OLs and WRs under the bus. Bruce Smith pissed off at his contract. WRs not getting touches.

They eventually matured into a tough team but they growing pains of stardom were hard to deal with.

While I know Jules has to pump it up for podcasts and TV but I do kind of agree to some extent. They seem to have been crowned as this elite team like the Chiefs while not really winning anything outside of a couple division titles. The Chiefs have won a Super Bowl, and a couple of conference championships and are back in the Super Bowl again. Josh Allen is a great QB but this year a lot of the media seemed to let him off the hook when he wasn't playing well.

I don't get it. "Fake Champions" of what?

I think some Patriots billboards should go up in the Orchard Park NY area with Edelman's quote. Only fair...

While I know Jules has to pump it up for podcasts and TV but I do kind of agree to some extent. They seem to have been crowned as this elite team like the Chiefs while not really winning anything outside of a couple division titles. The Chiefs have won a Super Bowl, and a couple of conference championships and are back in the Super Bowl again. Josh Allen is a great QB but this year a lot of the media seemed to let him off the hook when he wasn't playing well.
I don't get the feeling though that Josh Allen/Bills team are perpetuating this "champtions" thing though. Its more media driven. They did the same thing with the Chiefs early on with Mahomes. Obviously they won one, but I remember them talking about if Mahomes would catch Brady in rings before theyd won anything.

I love Jules on the field and love hearing his Patriots stories... He always seems humble and intelligent.. Sometimes he seems like he is trying too hard to be a "bro"... I also think whoever his 2nd guy is on the podcast (some comedian?) brings absolutely nothing to the table...

Josh Allen is winning a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 seasons. Lock it in.

A buddy of mine is a long time Bills fan. I text him last week and asked how the dynasty is going.

Josh Allen is winning a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 seasons. Lock it in.
Hunch is, when the Allen regime ends, we'll look back on them the way we do Manning's Colts: a team that is crazy talented and will absolutely win at least once, but also one that has more than one collapse at key playoff junctures. No shame in that, we'd all kill for that currently, but I think there's a broader backlash here whenever a QB (I certainly felt it against Manning and Rodgers, and currently feeling it against Mahomes)) or squad is prematurely anointed even if it's only by an asinine talking head or two paid to generate facile takes or some younger plays who kinda think that what the Brady/BB regime accomplished is easily replicable.

Mac Jones will probably play in one too. :)
Not in the next 2-3 seasons. Probably not in his 20's. Too many better quarterbacks in the conference.

I don't get it. "Fake Champions" of what?
I think it's about the division.. now that they're the "top dog" they have been crowing plenty but no rings to back up those division titles.. doesn't hurt quite as much, which is why I think he's labeled them "Fake Champions"

Baby,
I
L
ove
Losing
Superbowls

I think it's about the division.. now that they're the "top dog" they have been crowing plenty but no rings to back up those division titles.. doesn't hurt quite as much, which is why I think he's labeled them "Fake Champions"
Ok well, let's give them a chance. The Patriots owned the division for nearly 20 years. The Bills are only 3 years into this. Allen's too good to not win a Super Bowl before he reaches age 30.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back