PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Edelman calls the Bills "Fake Champions"

Ok well, let's give them a chance. The Patriots owned the division for nearly 20 years. The Bills are only 3 years into this. Allen's too good to not win a Super Bowl before he reaches age 30.
Oh I agree.. just trying to explain Edelman's statement I guess. I have a lot of respect for what Buffalo has built and how far JA has come. With that said, I hope they never win a SB because I love the Patriots and it's just one of those things.

Last edited:
While I know Jules has to pump it up for podcasts and TV but I do kind of agree to some extent. They seem to have been crowned as this elite team like the Chiefs while not really winning anything outside of a couple division titles. The Chiefs have won a Super Bowl, and a couple of conference championships and are back in the Super Bowl again. Josh Allen is a great QB but this year a lot of the media seemed to let him off the hook when he wasn't playing well.

Well, whatever the Bills' publicity machine did...it worked like a charm.

Bob Kraft and his family provided or were responsible for ~$1.0b of funding for Patriot Place, the land around it and Gillette Stadium (OK, he did get $70M of public $$$ for infrastructure improvements around the stadium, but he is reported to be repaying all of it): Building a future: Gillette Stadium financing altered NFL landscape).

On the other hand, NY Governor Hochul cut a deal with the Pegula's, conveniently reinforcing her support among the Bills' fanbase and across upstate NY during an election cycle, for $1.1b of public funding for the Bills' new stadium (to be accurate, $850,000,000 up front by the State: Hochul’s Stadium Swindle).

Hmmm...a lot easier to sell that for a "potential SB Champion" than a franchise that hasn't won a Lombardi in 62 years as a Professional team...oops, nowadays they can't even get to the AFCCG...

So, what does Bob Kraft get from the NFL in exchange? Suspensions, fines and Deflategate media lies driven by HSPN (I can't believe that Chris Mortensen is still being given airtime, as recently as this past weekend, by that "Network.").

PS: I'm not naive. The Kraft family has done very nicely renting out Gillette for a wide range of events, but I suspect the Pegula's will do the same on the public's dime.

Well, whatever the Bills' publicity machine did...it worked like a charm.

Bob Kraft and his family provided or were responsible for ~$1.0b of funding for Patriot Place, the land around it and Gillette Stadium (OK, he did get $70M of public $$$ for infrastructure improvements around the stadium, but he is reported to be repaying all of it): Building a future: Gillette Stadium financing altered NFL landscape).

On the other hand, NY Governor Hochul cut a deal with the Pegula's, conveniently reinforcing her support among the Bills' fanbase and across upstate NY during an election cycle, for $1.1b of public funding for the Bills' new stadium (to be accurate, $850,000,000 up front by the State: Hochul’s Stadium Swindle).

Hmmm...a lot easier to sell that for a "potential SB Champion" than a franchise that hasn't won a Lombardi in 62 years as a Professional team...oops, nowadays they can't even get to the AFCCG...

So, what does Bob Kraft get from the NFL in exchange? Suspensions, fines and Deflategate media lies driven by HSPN (I can't believe that Chris Mortensen is still being given airtime, as recently as this past weekend, by that "Network.").

PS: I'm not naive. The Kraft family has done very nicely renting out Gillette for a wide range of events, but I suspect the Pegula's will do the same on the public's dime.
The Patriots have always been...
Forrest Gump Running GIF

... different.

Why? Combination of the owner alienating people, and local media and government giving them the finger. And throughout the team's entire history, which each decade included more winning than losing, the high performance and character players kept making the media endlessly dig in deeper and deeper to conjure up spins and ways to denigrate and disparage them.

It was picked up nationally since the merger, because the league couldn't pick on the AFL anymore. In short, the world cannot and will not ever accept the fact that the Patriots have always mostly been a winning, successful, good, sometimes great football team. All they did was amp it up when the best modern dynasty emerged from here. Even when local media was forced to accept success this century, they had to play up how 'downtrodden and miserable' the franchise was before, despite the fact that had they not let Flutie go they NEVER would have a losing stretch more than two seasons since Fairbanks was hired.

Literally over a dozen total buffoons in positions of great power spent $millions and time consuming effort to make the Patriots look bad.

And over the decades, they've gotten most people to believe them.

Josh Allen is winning a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 seasons. Lock it in.

I don't know if I would bet on that. This was their best year in the immediate future. They are well over the cap this offseason with several key free agents. Diggs is going to be 30 next season. So who knows when he starts to decline? Three seasons from now, you gotta think he won't be the same player he is now even if he hasn't hit the age wall hard yet.

Hey, the Bills were universally considered the can't miss Super Bowl winner by the media back in September and early October. No one can take that away from the Bills no matter how much you try.

I don't know if I would bet on that. This was their best year in the immediate future. They are well over the cap this offseason with several key free agents. Diggs is going to be 30 next season. So who knows when he starts to decline? Three seasons from now, you gotta think he won't be the same player he is now even if he hasn't hit the age wall hard yet.
Of all the younger elite quarterbacks in the NFL to me Allen has the highest single-season ceiling considering he's the best duel threat in the NFL. Best combination of passing and running. Not the best at either individually (although he's the toughest running QB) but the best combined. If he can ever reach the high point of his ceiling then his offense will be virtually unstoppable. I think we'll see this before Allen hits 30 (so within the next 3 seasons).

The Kans-ass Sh!ty Queefs are the REAL Fake "champions".

#NotMyAFCChamps

#NotMySuperBowl

#RefuseToWatch

Of all the younger elite quarterbacks in the NFL to me Allen has the highest single-season ceiling considering he's the best duel threat in the NFL. Best combination of passing and running. Not the best at either individually (although he's the toughest running QB) but the best combined. If he can ever reach the high point of his ceiling then his offense will be virtually unstoppable. I think we'll see this before Allen hits 30 (so within the next 3 seasons).

Until Allen can put together a complete season, I ain't buying he has the highest single season ceiling. I think he has the lowest myself since he puts up 2-4 complete awful performance games a season. This year one of them was in the playoffs.

Until Allen can put together a complete season, I ain't buying he has the highest single season ceiling. I think he has the lowest myself since he puts up 2-4 complete awful performance games a season. This year one of them was in the playoffs.
Well, that's kind of my point, Allen hasn't put together a complete season yet. We've seen them before: Brady (2007), Manning (2013), Mahomes (2018), Rodgers (2011), Marino (1984). Allen's potential advantage over all of these quarterbacks is his running ability. If Allen were to max out his ability then he could potential reach 5000 passing yards with 1000 rushing yards in a full 17 game season. All of the above quarterbacks (except Rodgers) reached the Super Bowl in those seasons.

Well, that's kind of my point, Allen hasn't put together a complete season yet. We've seen them before: Brady (2007), Manning (2013), Mahomes (2018), Rodgers (2011), Marino (1984). Allen's potential advantage over all of these quarterbacks is his running ability. If Allen were to max out his ability then he could potential reach 5000 passing yards with 1000 rushing yards in a full 17 game season. All of the above quarterbacks (except Rodgers) reached the Super Bowl in those seasons.

At this point, the inconsistency may just be who Josh Allen is. He just might be a hot and cold QB. He is five years into his career.

You think Mac Jones is who he is and won't get significantly bettter after two years, but you think Allen will get significantly better after five.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back