PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerry Callahan Doesn't Know His Elbow from His EndZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Callahan, maybe the reason your ratings are dropping faster than your testicles is because you know zilch about America's #1 sport.

I don't listen to this guy because I am busy man during the week and cannot waste my time (while I am working at my desk, I choose to discuss football with people who know the ball is not stuffed with feathers):

Boston Sports Media Watch ? Watching The New England Sports Media Since 2002

"Rough morning for Gerry. His premise that “the Patriots are the only team that gets all the calls on the road” is a little flawed if you watched that game at all. (Edelman whacked on fair-catch, Dobson held and hit in the head in the end zone, iffy PI call on Talib.) Can you imagine the national outrage if the officials replay machine failed during a game in Gillette Stadium. The tin-foil hat wearers would be up in arms. Also, when a caller brought up Andre Carter, who the Patriots worked out recently and mentioned he had been in Oakland after leaving the Patriots, Callahan confidently corrected him by saying “Buffalo.” His co-host repeated “Buffalo.” Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, what’s the difference?"

Last edited:
He's too busy asking every caller who's done jail time if they were ever prison raped to worry about sports knowledge.

when i lived in an area that had WEEI, i chose to drive in silence over listening to him in the morning.

when i lived in an area that had WEEI, i chose to drive in silence over listening to him in the morning.

It IS fun reading about his morning show's slow, inevitable death march.

Last edited:
Gerry Callahan should stick to what he does best - non-sports sports stories. He can talk with the best of him when talking about Jerry Sandusky, players failing drug tests, sports figures' police blotters, etc. But when it comes to talking about actual play on the field, he frequently shows his lack of knowledge and his anti-Belichick agenda.

This morning as I was driving into the office and they had one of their frequent 15 minute commercial runs on 98.5 (is that getting worse, by the way or is it my imagination?), so I made the mistake of switching over to WEEI, which I hardly ever do, but I only have a short drive to work and I wanted to hear some Pats talk!

About 5 seconds in Callahan started making some ridiculous argument (and for the life of me I can't even remember what it was) and I went back to the commercials.

I agree with NESN...

"All Bill Belichick does is brings them in here, and there hasn’t been one ounce of a problem,” Collinsworth said of Patriots players with troubled pasts. “There’s something about when they come in and play for Patriots, whatever their issues may have been before, they disappear. They play great football for them, and Aqib Talib is on that list.”

I nearly fell through the floor when he said that.
Hello! WHAT ABOUT THE MURDERING TE???

We're so sensitive about this that the thread about Hernandez with all the last week's news about indictments of the entire Hernandez crime family has been sent to oblivion by the mods.
It happened
It's still playing out
It's a big story
and it sucks is vast understatement

their ratings suck, his show jumped the shark 10 years ago

they called in with the boss a few weeks ago.....now all of the sudden callahan is taking the extreme contrarian view towards boston sports

it is so sports talk formulaic it is painful to listen to

then again, even at their best, D&C were painful to listen to

I love Dennis and Callahan.

Gerry can be corky sometimes but overall I enjoy his input.

I agree with NESN...

"All Bill Belichick does is brings them in here, and there hasn’t been one ounce of a problem,” Collinsworth said of Patriots players with troubled pasts. “There’s something about when they come in and play for Patriots, whatever their issues may have been before, they disappear. They play great football for them, and Aqib Talib is on that list.”

I nearly fell through the floor when he said that.
Hello! WHAT ABOUT THE MURDERING TE???

We're so sensitive about this that the thread about Hernandez with all the last week's news about indictments of the entire Hernandez crime family has been sent to oblivion by the mods.
It happened
It's still playing out
It's a big story
and it sucks is vast understatement

I thought he was only talking about people from other teams and Free agents who had issues . AH was drafted and had some marijuana red flags. Dont know if this gang stuff was all know before.

Truth be told I am surprised these guys are still together. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe their show is the only show that has not been touched since the ratings started to plummet.

When D&C talk about sports they are not bad, but overall I am not a fan of their show. Toucher and Rich are just so much more enjoyable to listen to.

i listen on the ride every day.....the portland based locals are usually pretty lame, too

they all got called to a meeting a few weeks ago....since then callahan has been insufferable

Unless you have an alternative like XM, or streaming a device in your car, D&C are still better than Toucher and Rich. If your a sports fan that is. Toucher and Rich (aside from the unbearable stuttering), know next to nothing about sports. Some of their skits are funny, but from a sports perspective, they are tough to listen to.

Truth be told I am surprised these guys are still together. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe their show is the only show that has not been touched since the ratings started to plummet.

When D&C talk about sports they are not bad, but overall I am not a fan of their show. Toucher and Rich are just so much more enjoyable to listen to.

They signed a long term, big money, iron-clad contract just before 98.5 came into existence. WEEI can't break them up or fire them without taking a big money hit. I think next year is the last year of their deal. They will be gone either next year or the beginning of the following year.

I thought he was only talking about people from other teams and Free agents who had issues . AH was drafted and had some marijuana red flags. Dont know if this gang stuff was all know before.

Let me clarify my harsh statement. I really do not want to hear about AH during NFL broadcasts either. It's just that it's beyond ironic to talk about how BB changes problematic players' behaviors with the AH crime family elephant in the barn. Just skip that particular BB ball-washing topic. Plenty of other cogent observations to be made.

They have large contracts, I doubt they get renewed when their current contracts expire, until then they'll be on every morning.

Callahan is an insufferably smug, arrogant pr**k. The static between stations is more informed about football. He has nothing of value to add. All he and Dennis do is snipe at Belichick. So tiresome. They can't get canceled fast enough.

Let me clarify my harsh statement. I really do not want to hear about AH during NFL broadcasts either. It's just that it's beyond ironic to talk about how BB changes problematic players' behaviors with the AH crime family elephant in the barn. Just skip that particular BB ball-washing topic. Plenty of other cogent observations to be made.

Why ? There's a huge difference in what is being talked about. No one is claiming that BB can turn Hannibal Lechter into a good dinner companion. That said, he does have a track record of turning around "problem children", i.e. taking in guys that couldn't fit on other teams and getting quite a lot out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back