PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has a bone bruise on his throwing elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how they manage to keep him off the injury report.

100 % attendance at practice. they can choose not to say anything.

The Jets and Mangini were fined a total of $125k for keeping Favre off the injury report. What's different with Brady?

Beats me. Most everyone is injured to some extent. I don't know what degree of injury requires listing or how that is determined.

Beats me. Most everyone is injured to some extent. I don't know what degree of injury requires listing or how that is determined.

I believe the standard is being treated by team medical staff:

If the player wraps his own leg in an ace bandage - no need to report.

If the trainer wrap the players leg in an ace bandage - need to report.

If the player has a triple bypass operation at Mass general but doesn't miss practice and the team doctors don't get involved, in theory you wouldn't have to report it.

So long as TB isn't using the team doctors he can avoid the report.

I believe the standard is being treated by team medical staff:

If the player wraps his own leg in an ace bandage - no need to report.

If the trainer wrap the players leg in an ace bandage - need to report.

If the player has a triple bypass operation at Mass general but doesn't miss practice and the team doctors don't get involved, in theory you wouldn't have to report it.

So long as TB isn't using the team doctors he can avoid the report.

Now see. after the last couple years, I was almost certain that there was some sort of requirement for TFB to be listed as "probable, shoulder" on every Patriots injury report. Huh. :rolleyes:

I guess that poster who said his girlfriends friends cousin that saw Tom and Giselle was correct when Giselle remarked that Daddy's arm hurts.

Lol I just showed her this post she was laughing very hard :D

Too bad about the arm though, hope it gets better soon, he's still the best and a warrior!

Last edited:
Folks, this type of injury can linger for an entire season, especially when it occurs to an older qb lik e Brady. There's a good chance he won't be anywhere near 100 % when the Pats start the playoffs, but hopefully BB can scheme around it.
Thanks, Doc, you dink. Nice job sh!t-stirring. Time to head back to the New Jersey mole hole. Bye!

The Jets and Mangini were fined a total of $125k for keeping Favre off the injury report. What's different with Brady?

If it's not limiting him in practice, then he doesn't have to go on the report. If he is limited in practice, they can just say that he's limited on account of his shoulder.

I know it. He didn't even throw 20 touchdowns in his first year. Bust!

I know! We should have cut him years ago! He only led us to 4 super bowls and a 16-0 reg season record. He has the best consecutive home record, most TDs in a season. Total bust! Aaron Rodgers is waaaaaaaay better.

Folks, this type of injury can linger for an entire season, especially when it occurs to an older qb lik e Brady. There's a good chance he won't be anywhere near 100 % when the Pats start the playoffs, but hopefully BB can scheme around it.

Well, it's a good thing that Brady at 80% is still better than at least 29 other QB's in the NFL. It's not like he's going to downgrade to someone like Snachez down in NJ, for example. ;)

Last edited:
Perhaps so but that's precisely the OPPOSITE that the medical guys said in the article

I've watched doctors on TV and i can tell you these bones can come unbruised for long periods of time, like the second half of the jets game.

Maybe Brady recovers 100%, maybe he doesn't.

We'll just have to remember this thread in the event of...

- mysterious incompletions/interceptions
- an offense that just won't click
- a one-and-done playoff appearance

Or maybe the Pats win the Super Bowl and Brady is the SB MVP. GO PATS!

Look, bottom line: lingering issues that affect accuracy are a major issue for a 34-year-old quarterback, in a way that they aren't for a 24-year-old quarterback. I'm not saying Brady's done and the rest of his career is going to be spent in a slow decline as lingering injuries snowball and cause his performance to deteriorate. I AM SAYING I want the Pats to win, and at some point, eventually, they'll need to win without Brady at quarterback.

Last edited:
Now see. after the last couple years, I was almost certain that there was some sort of requirement for TFB to be listed as "probable, shoulder" on every Patriots injury report. Huh. :rolleyes:

The injury report is filed by Bizzaro-Jerry

I thought the Jets were fined that money because the Jets did not know whether Brett Favre was going to retire this week or next week.

I've watched doctors on TV and i can tell you these bones can come unbruised for long periods of time, like the second half of the jets game.
The New England Patriots brought in the "medicine man" at half time.

yeah, i knew something was up. espn equates a two game losing streak for the pats with the fall of the ottoman empire. it's ovah !! and the lemmings listen. i guess eventually borges and feltchy will be right.

In '05 he played half the season with a sports hernia :eek:, and in '06 he played with three wide receivers, one of whom was Reche Caldwell, which I'm sure hurt more than the hernia. As long as Brady is on the field, we're ok on offense, no matter what percentage he is. It's the defense that needs to step it up for us in the playoffs.

To play in the NFL is to play injured, but it can be minimized by having the best O-line possible and also by improving the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back