PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has a bone bruise on his throwing elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, this type of injury can linger for an entire season, especially when it occurs to an older qb lik e Brady. There's a good chance he won't be anywhere near 100 % when the Pats start the playoffs, but hopefully BB can scheme around it.

Oh please, can we stop with the drama??
99.9% of the players in the NFL have bone bruises of one variety or another right now. Tom's is so severe they don't wrap the area to cushion it against further injury unless that cute little band is supposed to protect the area from a helmet? Too bad this highly unusual media leak about an injury from the normally tight lipped NE Patriots doesn't explain those lapses in judgment we've seen from Tom in recent weeks. ;)

The good news is that Brady showed last Sunday that he doesn't seem to have any ill affects anymore of the bone bruise. It might have affected him in the two losses, but he was the good ole Tom Brady in the second half last week.

Played with either a broken rib or a bruised rib in 2009 after Fat Albert hit him and Shaun Ellis, later in the season, sacked him.

I don't know much about bone bruises, but it sounds like something which maybe - in the short term - probably had repercussions on his technique, maybe he was compensating for the pain. Which might explain some of the occasional uncharacteristically off throws in the past month.

The technique being the cause of sporadic inaccuracy, rather than directly attributing it to the injury, would also explain why it is only occasional, and why he was his normal pinpoint self in the second half vs. the Jets. It's easier to correct technique than it is to make pain suddenly disappear.

For those that don't recall, a similar thing happened last year when Brady was having some technique issues before visiting his QB guru around Thanksgiving. Of course, we all remember the epic run he went on after that. I'd like to think he has made or will make a trip out for a tune-up sometime this year.

Last edited:
cut him...

On the real, isn't Brady injured every year? Is this the same bone bruise that ripped off 3 TDs and 329 yds last week, and 342 and 2 TDs the week before?

yeah...same bone bruise...

Now see. after the last couple years, I was almost certain that there was some sort of requirement for TFB to be listed as "probable, shoulder" on every Patriots injury report. Huh. :rolleyes:

Her has stored up a pile of Injury Credits over the years. Like Airline Frequent Flyer miles, you can use them when you want...

Now see. after the last couple years, I was almost certain that there was some sort of requirement for TFB to be listed as "probable, shoulder" on every Patriots injury report. Huh. :rolleyes:

I think it basically boils down to Tom puts some Bengay on his own shoulder no report, if a trainor puts in on for him, then its on the report and BB and company decided to make sure he appeared every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back