PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerard Warren released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just heard on 98.5. Surprised there. He played well this preseason. I am guessing that they might resign him next week.

This screams "see you back in a week."

That's too bad.
Yeah, he looked very good in the preseason.

So much movement!

Assume this is to pick up the tight end.

And I don't assume he will be available when the Patriots want him.
The last 12 players the Patriots released were picked up.
I hope he is. But then who is released?

Its been about 12 hours since the last roster cut so this one was way over due.

Paving the way for Gronk 2.0

Don't stray to far Mr. Warren....

Or two, or off the shadow roster in a month pending injuries...

I think he was their solid veteran fall back and they don't appear to need the basic functionality or leadership at this point that they might have.

I'm pretty surprised, too. Figured Tarpinian to IR, or that Tarp/Edds provided enough ST's value to push White off the team, as good of a STer as White is. Can see why Warren was let go too though, we have a ton of depth there, especially with the versatility of Ellis and Wright to kick inside to DT. And if injuries strike, Brace and Deaderick will be ready by mid-season, so not so sure we'll see Warren back here even though I like him.

That's too bad.

So much movement!

That mysterious Tarpinian kid should have been released. What the hell has he done to deserve his roster spot? I don't like this move.:mad:

He's already left this team with a wink and a nod before. BB admitted to as much in one of his pressers when he signed him back. I'm to lazy to look for the link, but back when we signed him, someone asked BB if he happy to have him back and available.

BB gave a typical revealing non-answer by saying something to the effect "Yeah, we had always kinda expected to have Gerard back at some point". Something to that effect.

Last edited:
It must be because we're signing Randy Moss, Quick! Someone start a new Randy Moss thread!!!!

That's too bad.

So much movement!

But he's not a waiver situation, so unless someone offers him more $$$ and it's guaranteed and that's what he wants, this is likely a scenario they talked about. He sat out most of camp until he got the call. He's likely one of those I'll play if/when Bill calls me guys. He's a rotational guy and his rotation may not start out of the gate...

That mysterious Tarpinian kid should have been released. What the hell has he done to deserve his roster spot? I don't like this move.:mad:

I don't get it either. He must have pictures of BB naked or something. :confused2:

Unless there is side deal this makes no sense to me. Warren has played well for them and looked good when he was in for them this pre-season. I hope he returns.

Kinda hope he's resigned later this week after more roster shuffling. It's going to be 90 degrees and humid Monday night in Miami. Big Vince and Fat Albert are going to need some help, and I'm not Myron Pryor's biggest fan

I'd prefer Warren. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see a lot coming from Gronk 2.0.

DaGronk is here to block. I'd say the team needs a blocking TE right now more than it needs another DT. I'd guess Warren will be on the shadow roster.

I can't even begin to fathom what BB has up his sleeve.

Every time I think I know where he is going with this roster, he makes another move and rips the rug out. I'm done hypothesizing. I'm raising the white flag and just waiting it out until Monday.

I just have this image of BB forcing the team into the shape from his Will alone. The guy probably looks like this during preseaon (I now understand the hoodie):

wizard88.gif

DaGronk is here to block. I'd say the team needs a blocking TE right now more than it needs another DT. I'd guess Warren will be on the shadow roster.

I agree with the need for a blocking TE. I just don't think he has a lot of talent. I'd have preferred that we kept Yeatman. He seems to have a lot more upside to me. Gronk 2.0 seems to be a JAG. I hope I'm wrong. Some of these late roster moves are head scratchers.

I agree with the need for a blocking TE. I just don't think he has a lot of talent. I'd have preferred that we kept Yeatman. He seems to have a lot more upside to me. Gronk 2.0 seems to be a JAG. I hope I'm wrong. Some of these late roster moves are head scratchers.

They must have thought Yeatman would clear waivers; otherwise why didn;t they cut Butler instead of Yeatman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back