PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw, camp fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated now that geno owed IK money due to not showing up to IK's camp.
SOFJ.... A Jets 6th rounder has his own football camp? He only appeared in 6 games, making 3 tackles and defending 2 passes. What are kids going to learn from him, other than how to sucker punch the QB?

Last edited:
When it rains, it pours... when it Jets, it sucks! :D

Updated now that geno owed IK money due to not showing up to IK's camp. It was like $600. but this could change again.
So Geno stiffs the guy. IK probably played up Smith being at the camp as a celebrity draw. Smith doesn't show. Kids are all "What gives? Where's Geno?" Ik is embarassed. Confronts Geno. "At least pay back the money I laid out to get you there." Smith declines. Pop!

So Geno stiffs the guy. IK probably played up Smith being at the camp as a celebrity draw. Smith doesn't show. Kids are all "What gives? Where's Geno?" Ik is embarassed. Confronts Geno. "At least pay back the money I laid out to get you there." Smith declines. Pop!
More than that, Smith got up in his face, arguing back, and pushing his finger in his face.

Smith got what he deserved ... spineless wimp ... maybe just not so hard.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw
Smith, who will miss at least six to 10 weeks with two fractures in his jaw, accepted a $600 plane ticket from IK Enemkpali to appear at the reserve linebacker's football camp in Pflugerville, Texas, according to sources. Problems arose when Smith did not show to the camp, which took place days after someone close to Smith died in a motorcycle accident in Miami, sources said.

After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase the plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he had not as of Tuesday morning. Enkempali confronted Smith on Tuesday about the money, and the confrontation ended in a punch and a broken jaw.

Rumours that Geno threw the first punch. But it was intercepted......
We already knew he couldn't read defenses, now we know he can't read offenses either! :)

So the problem was that people attending the camp were promised an appearance by an NFL* QB?

To be fair, people would still be able to claim fraud even if Geno HAD showed up.

Revis: "I hold both of them responsible"

Way to back your starting quarterback over a 6th round nobody who is no longer on the team Darrelle

Revis: "I hold both of them responsible"

Way to back your starting quarterback over a 6th round nobody who is no longer on the team Darrelle

With Revis, you know it's always the QB's fault.

Between this and the butt fumble.. there's more evidence pointing towards the Jets colluding with the Patriots to help them win the division than there is for deflategate. They put the ball on the ground for us, they punch out their own quarterbacks. Wells?

Shows Geno's level of maturity / leadership. I cannot imagine this type of incident happening with a legit QB. Yet, even Cam's week was bizarre. I don't get all this craziness revolving around players who are supposed to be leading.

So Ik Enemkpali will be representing the Patriots at the coin toss Week 3 eh?

oh my goodness that would be hilarious!

They should just do it for a week during training camp just to make everyone freak out even more over the Patriots

Imagine what Revis must be thinking.

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

I think there's a good chance the jets will have a 6 and 10 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back