PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Don't Bash Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we agree then, because you are now saying that your mind reading of Bradys intentions is bs.
Bill Russel? He was ancient when he hung on as player-coach.
Staubach was very old when he retired.
Just because they remained in the public eye later in life doesnt mean they walked away early.
But, you cant be saying you found 1 example from the 60s and 1 from the 70s in all of sports and can use them to support your argument, can you?

BS? you mean just like everything you say?

troy aikman

none of them were where brady is at in his personal life......but feel free to think that brady sends only you subliminal messages in what he says........

All I have to go with is years past......take a look man................

No, you take a look man...

2000 - here - 5-11
2001 - here - won Superbowl
2002 - here - failed to make playoffs
2003 - here - won Superbowl
2004 - here - won Superbowl
2005 - here - lost in divisional round
2006 - here - lost in AFCC
2007 - here - lost Superbowl
2008 - not here - failed to make playoffs
2009 - here - lost in first round

It seems we win or lose randomly whether he's here for the off season or not. So that would lead me to believe there must be something else afoot that determines how we finish. Probably some combination of roster construction, coaching, everyone else's execution and focus, and luck.

you're missing the whole point........his life is already in the process of moving on from football.......he does not come across as a guy who needs to drag things out........4 super bowl appearances, 3 rings.....his legacy is set as is his bank account......

guys who have won 3 superbowls and have had his kind of success can easily start pondering the value of the 7 month grind......

How do you know any of that? Other than from a distance on a practice/playing field or in a chance autograph encounter, have you ever even seen the man let alone had enough personal interaction with him to know how he "come across?"

Guys like Brady (I mean the Staubachs and Montanas and Nicklaus' and Yaz' and Birds and etc, etc,) are motivated by a complex combination of drivers ranging from legacy to fame to money to those personal needs that only their closest friends can know. How do you know what motivates Tom Brady?

As fans, we can judge his performance; we can't judge his motivation.

This thread makes me want to repeatedly slam my head off a desk.

I agree, but a lot of the comments are so embarrassing to the Board that they have to be addressed.

People have created fantasy visions of Tom Brady, which are very important to them, as others have done around other celebrities. Tom Brady is larger than life; he is one of the top five Sports Celebrities in the US and through Gisele, one of the biggest in Europe and Latin America. I guess this is the challenge for all major celebrities; somehow, they have to pursue their profession and live their lives while living up to the fantasies of the fans that, in a sense, make them what they are in terms of wealth and endorsements.

There is the vision of a Tom Brady who, according to one poster this week, will/should take 25% less than he's worth on the market in order to stay with the Pats; there is the vision of a Tom Brady who shouldn't worry about what the Pats are paying him because his wife is rich (what utter nonsense: the man is a highly talented professional who has every right to maximize his earnings potential, whatever his wife does for a living);

there is the vision of a Tom Brady who shouldn't have married Gisele because she and his family life "distract" him from playing football;

there is the vision of a Tom Brady who should compete for the Offseason Workout Parking Spot like he did at the age of 23, when he is now pushing 33 and has a body that has lost a season to injury, taken nine years of NFL hits and has vastly different training needs if he is to be able to play at his highest level (and, yes, those needs could include working out at home and having down time with his family)...that is why the NFL and NFLPA make those workouts "voluntary" in recognition of the different needs of different players at different stages of their careers.

It's no wonder people like Brady hide behind agents and spokespersons and security guards; if they tried to be accountable for every fantasy or expectation of their fans they'd lose their minds.

So, I don't know what to do other than to try to point out that it's a "real" Tom Brady who takes the field on Sunday afternoons and that real guy has to live his life and prepare for the season in a way that makes the most sense to him and his coaches.

I agree, but a lot of the comments are so embarrassing to the Board that they have to be addressed.

People have created fantasy visions of Tom Brady, which are very important to them, as others have done around other celebrities. Tom Brady is larger than life; he is one of the top five Sports Celebrities in the US and through Gisele, one of the biggest in Europe and Latin America. I guess this is the challenge for all major celebrities; somehow, they have to pursue their profession and live their lives while living up to the fantasies of the fans that, in a sense, make them what they are in terms of wealth and endorsements.

There is the vision of a Tom Brady who, according to one poster this week, will/should take 25% less than he's worth on the market in order to stay with the Pats; there is the vision of a Tom Brady who shouldn't worry about what the Pats are paying him because his wife is rich (what utter nonsense: the man is a highly talented professional who has every right to maximize his earnings potential, whatever his wife does for a living);

there is the vision of a Tom Brady who shouldn't have married Gisele because she and his family life "distract" him from playing football;

there is the vision of a Tom Brady who should compete for the Offseason Workout Parking Spot like he did at the age of 23, when he is now pushing 33 and has a body that has lost a season to injury, taken nine years of NFL hits and has vastly different training needs if he is to be able to play at his highest level (and, yes, those needs could include working out at home and having down time with his family)...that is why the NFL and NFLPA make those workouts "voluntary" in recognition of the different needs of different players at different stages of their careers.

It's no wonder people like Brady hide behind agents and spokespersons and security guards; if they tried to be accountable for every fantasy or expectation of their fans they'd lose their minds.

So, I don't know what to do other than to try to point out that it's a "real" Tom Brady who takes the field on Sunday afternoons and that real guy has to live his life and prepare for the season in a way that makes the most sense to him and his coaches.

This post contains way too much common sense and, as such, should be stricken from the thread.

troy aikman

none of them were where brady is at in his personal life......but feel free to think that brady sends only you subliminal messages in what he says........

Pulled from Wiki.

Joe Montana met Jennifer Wallace, an actress and model, while the two worked on a Schick commercial, and the two married in 1985. He and Jennifer are still married and have four children: Alexandra Whitney (b. 10 October 1985), Elizabeth Jean (b. 20 December 1986), Nathaniel ("Nate") Joseph (b. 3 October 1989), and Nicholas Alexander (b. 28 April 1992).

Based on the dates, Cool Joe had 2 kids for the 88/89 Sb and 3 for the 1989-90 Sb. Seems that his family did not adversely impact his on the field performance no this ability to lead the team in the clutch.

As long as Tom produces and is legitimately seen as a team leader in the eyes of everyone within the organization, there is no debate.

Last edited:
How do you know any of that? Other than from a distance on a practice/playing field or in a chance autograph encounter, have you ever even seen the man let alone had enough personal interaction with him to know how he "come across?"

Guys like Brady (I mean the Staubachs and Montanas and Nicklaus' and Yaz' and Birds and etc, etc,) are motivated by a complex combination of drivers ranging from legacy to fame to money to those personal needs that only their closest friends can know. How do you know what motivates Tom Brady?

As fans, we can judge his performance; we can't judge his motivation.

not judging his motivation, nor do I know what motivates him? but in your vigorous 'defense' of him, you make it sound like you do.......like you know how 'complex' it is....:rofl:

putting it out there like any other possibility.......just because a guy can be productive until he's 38 does not mean he will want to do so......

Aww guilty conscience, tanked? Keep drinking, buddy. The pain will soon be gone.

guilty about what?

heh.....you talk like you know something....prove your point.......take that forehead and make it meet the desk......really hard.......just don't be a drama queen with your talk

Pulled from Wiki.

Based on the dates, Cool Joe had 2 kids for the 88/89 Sb and 3 for the 1989-90 Sb. Seems that his family did not adversely impact his on the field performance no this ability to lead the team in the clutch.

As long as Tom produces and is legitimately seen as a team leader in the eyes of everyone within the organization, there is no debate.

heh....yeah.......let me know where I said anything about adverse effect on his play........

I was simply putting out the possibility that he may not be here as long as some of you would want him to........how many years do you think he's going to want to take a beating for a borderline playoff team when he's got this other life waiting for him?

and.........yeah.......compare wallace to bundchen....lol

Last edited:
Brady can do what he wants when he wants if your mad hes not attending offseason workouts grow up and get a life! (usual suspects)

Last edited:
Brady can do what he wants when he wants if your mad hes not attending offseason workouts grow up and get a life! (usual suspects)

maybe he's 'sending a message' for not being extended yet.....

or maybe mario russo can't compete with the pedicures on rodeo drive

guilty about what?

heh.....you talk like you know something....prove your point.......take that forehead and make it meet the desk......really hard.......just don't be a drama queen with your talk

It's funny because I wasn't even referring to you originally. And I have a feeling that you're pretty aware that I know more than you do. I'm actually pretty confident in that and I'll be happy to take you to task on any subject regarding this team up to and including this one.

And no, I won't slam my head off the desk for anybody, especially not for some extremely old geezer who most likely sh!ts blood on a dailey basis then has his saggy nuts droop into said blood. There are those who age gracefully and there are those who don't and you, tanked, are the latter. I hope you enjoy dying alone and angry at the world.

It's funny because I wasn't even referring to you originally. And I have a feeling that you're pretty aware that I know more than you do. I'm actually pretty confident in that and I'll be happy to take you to task on any subject regarding this team up to and including this one.

And no, I won't slam my head off the desk for anybody, especially not for some extremely old geezer who most likely sh!ts blood on a dailey basis then has his saggy nuts droop into said blood. There are those who age gracefully and there are those who don't and you, tanked, are the latter. I hope you enjoy dying alone and angry at the world.

really? if you wait awhile, the feeling will pass.....it is likely gas

the moment someone talks about knowing more is the same moment they suddenly know less.........but it is irrelevant since neither of us knows anything

but its ok to continue to tell yourself you know something....whatever it takes to get you through the day

BTW, you sound angry

not judging his motivation, nor do I know what motivates him? but in your vigorous 'defense' of him, you make it sound like you do.......like you know how 'complex' it is....:rofl:

putting it out there like any other possibility.......just because a guy can be productive until he's 38 does not mean he will want to do so......

WTF? I have no idea what motivates him; that was my point. I said all I can do is judge by his performance. The only thing I defend is his right not to have a thousand people try to figure out and judge his motivation.

You know, you picked a nick that suggests you are drunk most of the time; the incoherence of your posts and arguments suggests it is apt.

really? if you wait awhile, the feeling will pass.....it is likely gas

the moment someone talks about knowing more is the same moment they suddenly know less.........but it is irrelevant since neither of us knows anything

but its ok to continue to tell yourself you know something....whatever it takes to get you through the day

BTW, you sound angry

That's simply a copout. I'm pretty sure that I know more than you on this subject because you don't even realize that you're bashing a guy who won us three more Super Bowls than we had won in the previous 40 years of our existance and almost led us to an undefeated season just three seasons ago over not attending *voluntary* team activities to have time with his son three time zones away while he is STILL keeping his body in shape. You, essentially, sound like a complete idiot here who has nothing better to do with his time other than age and *****.

And of course I'm angry. I'm at work.

chris-crocker.jpg

troy aikman

Troy Aikman? You mean the guy who suffered 10+ concussions and still retired only after the Cowboys released him? Yeah, great example :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore