PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Don't Bash Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
bledsoe needed someone like parcells slapping him constantly for him to stay at the same level as his early career........I think the carroll years broke him.......

I agree, his career went on a huge downward spiral around 98-99.

im not going to attack brady like others have decided to do because i understand why hes not here but when i heard he wasnt attending it was a big letdown after hearing all the players talk about how important it was to get into foxboro early and working together

Dude, guys who can get women like that aren't dumbfounded by them.
To him shes the same as your women is to you.

you're missing the whole point........his life is already in the process of moving on from football.......he does not come across as a guy who needs to drag things out........4 super bowl appearances, 3 rings.....his legacy is set as is his bank account......

guys who have won 3 superbowls and have had his kind of success can easily start pondering the value of the 7 month grind......

im not going to attack brady like others have decided to do because i understand why hes not here but when i heard he wasnt attending it was a big letdown after hearing all the players talk about how important it was to get into foxboro early and working together

not sure who's attacking him......just trying to put myself in his spot and the idea that he might be wondering when would be a good time to get out with everything still intact

Oh Damnit, Here we go again, while you're pinning away for the good ol' days when we had Frankenstein for a QB, try to also imagine what it would be like to have never experienced a SB victory because with your beloved Drew we would have never won one. I'm really starting to understand why the rest of the country hates NE fans.

tell me were in my post i said. that i want bledsoe back and don't want brady,

saying some one played better then brady at some point dose not mean. i don't want brady as the pats QB. it was a reply to someone that said brady, may have played better then bledsoe, with a hurt finger.

and i don't get wey if any one says anything about brady, it's hateing on him and he's 3 rigns. i can name about 5 QB's that played better then brady this year. dose that mean i don't want brady as the QB of the pats. no it's just the truth.

I really wish Tom was at the workouts, if only to set an example for the others. I agree that he doesn't need to be there, and the rest may be good for him. But as the leader of the team, it'd be good to have him around. But I understand, and can't blame him either. It may even lengthen his career instead of burning him out.

Pats better grab a decent QB prospect soon, Tommy's getting soft, and will get softer as he gets older with more family stuff.
Maybe Hoyer is that guy, I hope so.

Maybe we can get Tebow for a QB, sure we'd 0-16 but at least we could call our QB tough. Or maybe we could throw a LB out there. Who needs a QB at all for that matter, how about we just run every play. Would that be tough enough for you tough guy?

I think Patriots fans are totally justified in bashing Brady for spending time with his family over going to voluntary offseason workouts. Why can't things be like they were a few years ago when the core players on this team had football as their #1 priority and took any opportunity to sacrifice their personal lives for an edge on the field. I tell you this team has gone all to hell lately.

tedybruschi.jpg

oh wait.

Time to start grooming someone that WANTS to be in ANY team oriented stuff.
Tom used to be like that, it was a big deal- team chemistry, yada yada yada... now there are excuses..
Team chemistry isn't important anymore?
Lead by example?
Or is it IDGAS, I can do MY stuff here at home with my wife..........
Whatever they are it's time for Billy to SERIOUSLY start looking at his sucessor.

Last edited:
you're missing the whole point........his life is already in the process of moving on from football.......he does not come across as a guy who needs to drag things out........4 super bowl appearances, 3 rings.....his legacy is set as is his bank account......

guys who have won 3 superbowls and have had his kind of success can easily start pondering the value of the 7 month grind......

How does he come across in all of your personal contact with him?
Come on, you have no clue what he thinks.
People who have legacies have them because of an abnormal level of drive that isnt satisfied by a bank account, an amount of rings or 'arriving' because his wife is hot.
He 'comes across' as a guy who wants to play football as long as he is physically able to. Because that is what he has said.

How does he come across in all of your personal contact with him?
Come on, you have no clue what he thinks.
People who have legacies have them because of an abnormal level of drive that isnt satisfied by a bank account, an amount of rings or 'arriving' because his wife is hot.
He 'comes across' as a guy who wants to play football as long as he is physically able to. Because that is what he has said.

you don't need to get all defensive........life moves on for everyone

I don't have a clue what he thinks, but he's building a house in brentwood, and his place in the back bay is on the market.......he may not be planning on leaving football next week, but the signs are there as to his future.....

brady will say the right things until he decides to give it up. he'll be near 34 when this deal is up.......then you have the chance of a lockout in 2011......if you think he's going to be all about getting back to the field at 35 after missing a year, then I just disagree.

as for your claims of people and their legacies, bill russell???? roger staubach??? the ones who have transcended the game walk away pretty easily while their game is still at the top.......

you don't need to get all defensive........life moves on for everyone

I don't have a clue what he thinks, but he's building a house in brentwood, and his place in the back bay is on the market.......he may not be planning on leaving football next week, but the signs are there as to his future.....

brady will say the right things until he decides to give it up. he'll be near 34 when this deal is up.......then you have the chance of a lockout in 2011......if you think he's going to be all about getting back to the field at 35 after missing a year, then I just disagree.

as for your claims of people and their legacies, bill russell???? roger staubach??? the ones who have transcended the game walk away pretty easily while their game is still at the top.......

I guess we agree then, because you are now saying that your mind reading of Bradys intentions is bs.
Bill Russel? He was ancient when he hung on as player-coach.
Staubach was very old when he retired.
Just because they remained in the public eye later in life doesnt mean they walked away early.
But, you cant be saying you found 1 example from the 60s and 1 from the 70s in all of sports and can use them to support your argument, can you?

Hey Andy your a real smart guy, did Brady used to say it was important for the team or not?

Simple question man, no pressure.

C'Mon I'm getting a bit sleepy... but I need a story to put me to sleep.

Help me out!!
:rocker::bricks:

Hey Andy your a real smart guy, did Brady used to say it was important for the team or not?

Simple question man, no pressure.

I imagine he probably did.
I also think he has the respect and leadership of the team, and this is a total non-issue.
Maybe I'm wrong, but my point all along has been its foolish to speculate on this stuff. Its voluntary, no one outside of this board seems to have a problem with it.....and whatever anyone guesses the secret meaning and conspiracy theory is, in the end its pretty irrelevant.

I imagine he probably did.
I also think he has the respect and leadership of the team, and this is a total non-issue.
Maybe I'm wrong, but my point all along has been its foolish to speculate on this stuff. Its voluntary, no one outside of this board seems to have a problem with it.....and whatever anyone guesses the secret meaning and conspiracy theory is, in the end its pretty irrelevant.

Is that so?
What makes it irrelevant, because HE is proven?
What about the whole it's "good for the team" stuff?

I GUARANTEE(guess why?) I can dig up a bunch of stuff that he has said over the years stating these EXACT things.

It's been "Voluntary" all the other years as well when he was gung ho, what's the difference?
Either you lead by example or you don't, he no longer does imo.

When he was gung ho to be the starting QB he NEVER would miss one minute, now he trains at home....BAH
He has deserved leeway, but there are others that are where he USED to be, and I hope they have a shot at the gig.
I love Tommy, but he's no longer the guy that would do anything to win, that guy would never miss any workouts.
There HAS to be a real competition at the QB spot from now on, Tommy won't be here forever.

Last edited:
Is that so?

I GUARANTEE(guess why?) I can dig up a bunch of stuff that he has said over the years stating these EXACT things.

It's been "Voluntary" all the other years as well when he was gung ho, what's the difference?

When he was gung ho to be the starting QB he NEVER would miss one minute, now he trains at home....BAH
He has deserved leeway, but there are others that are where he USED to be, and I hope they have a shot at the gig.
I love Tommy, but he's no longer the guy that would do anything to win, that guy would never miss any workouts.
There HAS to be a real competition at the QB spot from now on, Tommy won't be here forever.

OK, carry on with your mind reading.

Is that so?

Do you honestly think someone, regardless of profession has the same set of priorities at 23 as they do at 33. Do you, or are you not there yet?

Is that so?

Muzz you are off your rocker. TB leads by example. He performs at a high-level. He plays hurt. He is a solid leader for this team. He rehabbed his butt off from a severe knee injury to have an outstanding season.The guy shows up to work @ 8am the next day after becoming a father for the second time. I can also dig up some stuff that represents the type of leader TB is now for this team right now but I don't need too. I've proven it enough.

Do you need to work in the office to get your job done? Can you work from home AND build a repore with your remote co-workers? Did you become a lesser employee or worker when you got married? Had kids?

There are many, many QBs that have won SBs that ironically enough, were also husbands and fathers. I'm sure they missed doing a couple of extra chin-ups in March.

As you said, Brady has earned the benefit of the doubt. I would not shock me in the least to hear that he is running sprints up hills at 5:30am in LA or Brazil. Clearly you would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore