PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garrett Mills story in hometown paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Former TU standout training hard to make NFL roster

"I felt like a freshman coming into college again," said Mills, describing his first days in Foxboro, Mass. "But once we got on the field, the comfort level came back a bit."
Mills is in Tulsa this week, getting one final break until reporting to New England's training camp on July 23.
By then, Mills should have signed his first contract.
Mark Slough, Mills' agent, said negotiations with the Patriots began on Monday.
"We've just began talks and I don't think it'll take that long (to get a deal in place)," Slough said.
.... After Mills signs a contract, making the final roster isn't automatic.
A grueling training camp will demand hard work.
"For me, it's going to be an attitude of taking it one day at a time, one practice at a time," Mills said.
Mills spent most of the last two months working out in mini-camps.
When he returned to Oklahoma, he was asked what it is like to catch passes from two-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady.
"I've been asked that a few times," said Mills, who is wearing No. 45 and listed as a fullback and tight end on the depth chart.
"He throws a pretty good ball. He's a very good quarterback who has had a lot of success.
"The things that stand out the most are his passion for the game and his competitive side shows in basic seven-on-seven drills."
Learning a new playbook has been a tough transition, Mills said.
"After being in the same offense for the past three years, you just knew the basics by heart," he said.
"Having to turn that into a new offense with new names and numbers is the toughest transition.
"You also have to adjust to the speed of the game and the offense," Mills added. "After that, you just go out and play football again."

Eric Bailey 581-8391
[email protected]

edited extract:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060713_Sp_B1_Mills2272

Great find....a good article!!!!! Maybe 3rd signing soon????

I like this guy,I think his name will be coming up re big plays in tight games,you heard it here first.....

Guys, I just read over at PatriotsInsiders that the Mills has reached a 4 year agreement with the Pats. They said that it should be official early next week.
We all know how touchy those guys are about their articles, so I only posted what I read.

Krugman said:
I like this guy,I think his name will be coming up re big plays in tight games,you heard it here first.....

I have to disagree. I think he is going to be a bust. I wish the pats had gone in a different direction with this pick.

flutie2phelan said:
Tip o' the hat to JR4, who posted the link first ...
and to BelichickFan for giving credit where credit is due.

Sorry about that. It can happen. My theory is better point to it twice ... than not at all.

Anyway, at least a few other folks saw it now who missed the original.
Yep, I wasn't trying to pick on you, just show a little other discussion on it as it was already on page 2.

kurtinelson said:
I have to disagree. I think he is going to be a bust. I wish the pats had gone in a different direction with this pick.
Agree and disagree. I don't think he'll be a bust, I think he'll have an OK, useful role with us. But with Thomas already in hand I do agree that in retrospect I may have gone elsewhere here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes