PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo taking leadership role with rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, metrosexual Paul Bunyan... just sayin'.

I would doubt it. At this point the rookies and veterans have been kept separate (at least until this week). IIRC, Garo had only one brief phone conversation with Brady welcoming him.

While it's a good sign that Garo has his nose in the playbook and is springing quizzes on everyone, that's still pretty much what is expected of everyone, although I don't recall Mallett doing the same when he first came here.

Of course it still remains to be seen if he can translate this onto the field, especially at NFL speed.
The directive could also have come from the Pats coaches. Or, perhaps Garo took it upon himself to initiate the plan. Who knows?

One of the myths about athletes is that their ability to have a certain attitude is just a choice, just the product of making a decision to be that way and then trying hard.

The reality is that attitude, effort, and mindset in athletes starts with the brain chemistry they were born with, which is then shaped by the experiences they have in life. This is what determines whether they will have "the attitude of a leader."

Kudos to the Pats for sniffing this out in JG; it is a rare quality and very worthwhile prioritizing when selecting QB's.

Look, I'll fall in love with a young quarterback as soon as the next guy, but does a feel-good story about a player in his first couple of weeks justify claims about his special "brain chemistry"?

Isn't it a bit too soon to anoint Garoppolo as the new ... Kliff Kingsbury? ;)

The directive could also have come from the Pats coaches. Or, perhaps Garo took it upon himself to initiate the plan. Who knows?

My assumption is that the coaches told him that he was responsible for exhibiting some leadership.

The act of jumping on players and quizzing them, IMHO, was how he translated that into action.

Right. If you've drafted a QB that has issues demonstrating leadership, you've drafted a Mark Sanchez.
I take it as a give that JAG has excellent intrinsic leadership qualities.
What we all await is how he adapts to the speed and sophistication of NFL play.
Unless in the unlikely event he's horrible this camp we owe him 2 summer seasons before drawing conclusions.
Brady impressed me totally in his 2nd camp. Not that noticeable his 1st camp.

Like I said previously, it's ex
Ken didn't wear those pants and that shirt and that hair... that awful, awful, hair. LOL

1399307679_tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-467.jpg

I hadn't really noticed before, but I believe that these are those new trendy "high pants," like Jaoquin Pheonix wore for the movie "Her." That takes the ridiculousness to a whole new level.

JG is going to get that parking spot from BB that Brady stopped caring about years ago.

So, how long has it been since Brady's won the parking spot?

292 days, to be exact.

That's pretty much what I thought, and exactly why I posed the question.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if he last had it in 2013 or 2012, but I certainly knew that the insinuation of him "no longer caring" was not anywhere close to correct.

It all sounds suspiciously like typical PR fluff.:rolleyes:o_O

That's pretty much what I thought, and exactly why I posed the question.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if he last had it in 2013 or 2012, but I certainly knew that the insinuation of him "no longer caring" was not anywhere close to correct.
The "no longer caring" nitwits, such as the poster in question, likely get their lead from lazy mediots such as Michael Felger who gave up caring about working hard at his craft around the turn of the century. The poster in question, likewise, probably hasn't been serious about being accurate with her/his observations since 3rd or 4th grade.

The "no longer caring" nitwits, such as the poster in question, likely get their lead from lazy mediots such as Michael Felger who gave up caring about working hard at his craft around the turn of the century. The poster in question, likewise, probably hasn't been serious about being accurate with her/his observations since 3rd or 4th grade.

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could actually watch the games in 2013 and walk away feeling as though Tom Brady wasn't even more of a leader than ever before; particularly with that ragtag group of receiving options (sans Gronk, of course). Brady took straw and spun it into gold, pretty much for the entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back