PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo suspended 2 games for PEDs.

I dunno... the whole point of getting veteran AND drafting a QB at 3 is that the vet can man the ship until the rookie is ready (so you don't force the kid to start week 1 if he needs more seasoning). It seems counterintuitive to sign a guy who can't play week 1.

You let Zappe/Mac compete to start in the first 2 weeks, and then Jimmy takes over until the new guy is ready.
This is a rebuilding year - we are 100:1 to win the Super Bowl.

Hang Up Goodbye GIF by TV Land Classic
LOL good one.

You let Zappe/Mac compete to start in the first 2 weeks, and then Jimmy takes over until the new guy is ready.
I dunno what it means, but I just checked and they are +15000. That seems like worse than 100/1.

What ever happened to what happens in vegas stays in vegas?

Jimmy G being railroaded...

the hangover GIF

Then we don't need Jimmy at all. Sign Brissett and then you don't need to count on Mac/Zappe for anything.

As someone who is on Tes (prescribed) I would be shocked that a z pack would be enough to put him over the Tes limits unless he or anyone in that situation was already naturally at or near peak levels. And at his age that is near certainty not the case.
I have a 14 year old who didn't beat pnuemonia after a Z-pack. She caught it from half the girls on her team. Steroids is what helped her kick it.

Slight build. Works for my theory that every athlete of a certain level is using some type of illegal substance. Unsurprising.

I have a 14 year old who didn't beat pnuemonia after a Z-pack. She caught it from half the girls on her team. Steroids is what helped her kick it.
I have never heard of that before, straight steroids in place of a z pack. But if that is the case then you would think there would be an exception for that.

Tough getting that at 14 as well. I also wasn't aware pneumonia was contagious. I thought it was developed via other respiratory illnesses.

Steroids is what helped her kick it.

This wasn't steroids - a 2 game suspension means some sort of masking agent like a diuretic. Could be innocent, or could be trying to cover up some sort of real PED.

An example of an innocent explanation is he took finasteride for hair loss. That can also be used to try to mask steroid use, which is why it is banned. Plausible that his doc wouldn't know it was on the banned list.

For all of you wanting Jimmy G. That means that they have to have another veteran QB with starting ability on the roster because there is little chance that Garoppolo plays 15 games when he comes back. And if they draft a QB at 3, that means they have to have three QB on the active roster if they do not want to start the QB right away.

Personally, I think Garoppolo is done. He sucked last year with Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers to throw to. There is at least a decent chance that both those guys are better than anything the Pats have next year.

Garoppolo was a product of the Shanahan offense and the talent around him. The Patriots might have a similar offense, but they will not have similar talent. Personally I would pass unless you can get Garoppolo on a really low prove it deal with playing time bonuses.

One thing to consider is that Alex Van Pelt will actually run an offense more similar to what Garoppolo ran in San Francisco than what he ran in New England. He would be a good bridge, but he'll get hurt, so you will need your rookie (or Zappe) to step in for periods of time. I'd be down with it, though. Jimmy-Zappe-Maye?
He'd have to get out the training room first.

Performance enhancing drugs? Jimmy G?

Never mind the suspension, I'd be asking for a refund!

I have never heard of that before, straight steroids in place of a z pack. But if that is the case then you would think there would be an exception for that.

Tough getting that at 14 as well. I also wasn't aware pneumonia was contagious. I thought it was developed via other respiratory illnesses.
Don't waste your time believing that dude. Almost everything he says is a lie.

Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sign the beast!

Well, when he started for the Patriots he played great... for 1 and a half game.

I'm not against bringing Jimmy as the veteran bridge guy that is so mentioned as a need for next season. The price might be all right and maybe they get the offense going and get it right.

I've had a bad bout of pneumonia 25 years ago, and I didn't know it was contagious. To be clear, she had a Z-pack, but it didn't entirely clear after 5 days. They prescribed the steroids after she went back in.

Yes, pneumonia can be caused by a specific kind of bacteria. It is briefly contagious.

One thing to consider is that Alex Van Pelt will actually run an offense more similar to what Garoppolo ran in San Francisco than what he ran in New England. He would be a good bridge, but he'll get hurt, so you will need your rookie (or Zappe) to step in for periods of time. I'd be down with it, though. Jimmy-Zappe-Maye?
Please no more Zappe!!!

so, am I crazy to think that maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Jimmy in as a bridge QB? or at least bring him in and the rookie can compete with him in camp.

if our roster is still garbage next year(which it likely will be as we have so many holes to fill) I do not want a rookie being shell shocked behind that line throwing to average receivers.

so, am I crazy to think that maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to bring Jimmy in as a bridge QB? or at least bring him in and the rookie can compete with him in camp.

if our roster is still garbage next year(which it likely will be as we have so many holes to fill) I do not want a rookie being shell shocked behind that line throwing to average receivers.
He’s always injured. I wouldn’t say you’re crazy but I think it’s crazy to try something over and over that isn’t working. When was the last time he finished a full season?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back