PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 3: Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am predicting that Brady won't have a 300 yard day...I say this is time for BJGE,Woodhead and Ridley to run ALOT next weekend,expect Brady to throw much less than the first 2 games and the game to be a low scoring close affair which it has been 70% of the times these two teams play each other.

I think this is going to be a tougher game than the one today with SD.

Buffalo always plays the Pats tough, but their defense has more issues than the Pats..

I am predicting that Brady won't have a 300 yard day...I say this is time for BJGE,Woodhead and Ridley to run ALOT next weekend,expect Brady to throw much less than the first 2 games and the game to be a low scoring close affair which it has been 70% of the times these two teams play each other.

I want to see a ground and pound game..give the TEs a break..can't wear they out too early

Are you talking about 2004? I can't remember a playoff spot being on the line, but I do remember the Bills having a pretty good team and thinking Wow the Steelers are gonna be tough to beat if they're backups are doing this well.

'04-'05 season. That was that speedy-Pitt-RB-whose-name-I-cannot-recall-at the-moment's breakout game. We would've been 10-6 that year if we won that game; good enough for the last wild card spot in the AFC.

'04-'05 season. That was that speedy-Pitt-RB-whose-name-I-cannot-recall-at the-moment's breakout game. We would've been 10-6 that year if we won that game; good enough for the last wild card spot in the AFC.

Yes, Willie Parker. Yea that game was definitely bigger than this one

Stevie Johnson went in with a bad groin and re-injured it late in the game.

He would be a big loss for them.

I think the Bills are going to put some points up regardless but I don't see them slowing the Pats down.

It will be 38-28 and all the whiners will be out about our lousy defense again.

Say whaaaaaaa? Check the -BOOKS-, they'll probably tell you another story.

Since 2006, the average score between the Bills/Pats is:

NE - 28.8
Buff - 12.4

NE is 10-0 in that time, and have only scored less then 17 points one time (the wind game) and only twice been held under 20 points.

Look, I expect a more competitive game from the Bills, but it's hardly ever low scoring (except the wind game) and we usually blow them out.

Ugh, I'm not that confident about this one. We always seem to lay an egg against New England at the Ralph (and we generally fare better against New England in Foxboro). The Bills have scored 3, 10, 0, 10, and 6 points in their last 5 games against New England at the Ralph.

David Nelson and Donald Jones are still "who are these people?" kind of receivers to me. Our defense isn't exactly stout and San Diego will probably have been the best defense New England has gone up against to date. I just don't see us slowing New England down.

We don't have anybody capable of covering their TEs and looking at New England's last two games I don't see us getting much of a pass rush at all against Brady.

Living in Buffalo, I can tell you about an X-factor for this game. For the last several years, the game has been played in December under cold conditions. Mostly it's just been cold, 20 degrees or so, sometimes freezing. Once it was 60 degrees, but with a constant 60 mph wind (remember the goalposts leaning, Gost's futile kicks, Cassel's incredible punt that rolled all the way downfield?).

Usually, the Bills players were listless. Felt cold, looked cold, and had little to play for.

This game, coming so early in the year, will be different in terms of energy. I hope the crowd is less rowdy too. I have two tickets 10 rows up at the goalline.

hoping someone will help me out since i cant make a thread...im a deployed bills fan in iraq...need help with a vote so us deployed bills and pats fans can watch this game. someone please make a thread for me.

to vote...

go to facebook.com/myafn

on left side click on fans choice.

like the page and vote..

we are currently losing to the Bears v Packers which they will air anyways so please help me beat them.

Thanks in advance..you can vote every 24 hours...help your deployed Pats fans.

thanks, Sarge

I actually have taken a fond liking to this team. They are a scrappy team and plays hard no matter what. They lead the league in scoring in these first 2 games, not bad.

I've been saying this since last year, Fitzpatrick is a good @B. He doesnt have to be Brady or Manning, he just gets the job done and they get my respect for it.

This is will be a good measuring test game for the Bills. They have played very well in their first two games, but KC may be the worst team in the NFL and Oakland barely beat a bad Broncos team (who barely beat a bad Cincy team this week) a week ago. The Patriots are the Bills first real test. This will give the world a better idea if they are legit or a repeat of the 2003 Bills team (the Bill dominated the first two weeks that year and ended the season 4-12). They don't have to beat the Pats to get legitimacy, but they have to play well.

I still like the Pats' chances. First, the Pats haven't lost to the Bills since the first weekend of 2003. Second, I think the Pats are a superior team. Third, I think losing Steve Johnson or a less than 100% Steve Johnson is a big loss for the Bills.

hoping someone will help me out since i cant make a thread...im a deployed bills fan in iraq...need help with a vote so us deployed bills and pats fans can watch this game. someone please make a thread for me.

to vote...

go to facebook.com/myafn

on left side click on fans choice.

like the page and vote..

we are currently losing to the Bears v Packers which they will air anyways so please help me beat them.

Thanks in advance..you can vote every 24 hours...help your deployed Pats fans.

thanks, Sarge
Will do Sarge :americaflag:

I wouldn't say the Bills overachieved. KC and Oak were two of the teams we thought we could handle.

So you could say 'they were who you thought they were'...

theyarewhowethoughttheywere_display_image.jpg

The Bills have beaten two inferior teams to the two the Patriots beat and on paper you have to like the Pats in this one. I think the streak is at 15 however and you just have to figure the Bills are going to break through and win one at some point. If for no other reason than that I'm more nervous about this one than usual. Usually I just check of the two Bills games as W's.

Ugh, I'm not that confident about this one. We always seem to lay an egg against New England at the Ralph (and we generally fare better against New England in Foxboro). The Bills have scored 3, 10, 0, 10, and 6 points in their last 5 games against New England at the Ralph.

David Nelson and Donald Jones are still "who are these people?" kind of receivers to me. Our defense isn't exactly stout and San Diego will probably have been the best defense New England has gone up against to date. I just don't see us slowing New England down.

We don't have anybody capable of covering their TEs and looking at New England's last two games I don't see us getting much of a pass rush at all against Brady.

Embrace those thoughts and pass them along to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the rest of the Bills, please. But I disagree.

Last season, the Bills scared the crap out of the Patriots in week 3 at Foxboro ringing up 30 points and this year the Bills are averaging over 30 a game in the two regular season contests and week three of the pre-season when the starters stayed on the field into the 2nd half. The blowout in week 15 was a pointless game for the Bills and they played like it. The Pats were locking up home field and the bye.

I think the Bills are the toughest team so far that the Patriots will face - more physical and mental toughness than the Fins or the Chargers. The Bills are completely familiar with Brady and the Pats. They have nothing to lose like the Chargers who came in all skittish about proving they were as good as everybody says they are. And, the Bills are coached by a guy who's not freaked out late in games like "Don't Lose, Don't Lose, Pleeeease Don't Lose" Norv Turner.

I have this one as a loss by the Pats 34-31.

Last edited:
Looks like the Bills will be missing some pieces in WR Roscoe Parrish & OG Kraig Urbik:

Bills lose two players to injuries | National Football Post

FWIW, I've always been a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan. He's a smart competitor who doesn't ruffle easily and manages the game well. (And to me, "game manager" is NOT a putdown of a QB!)

This is going to be an interesting game. The Bills have greatly over-achieved so far with Fitzpartick and David Nelson playing amazingly well. Not to mention Steve Johnson and Fred Jackon. Jackson will be the one to worry about the most. Jackson always seems to have great games against the Pats.

With injuries to Mesko, Hernandez, Arrington and others, the Pats could be short-handed going into the game. It's going to be interesting.

Watch this animation somebody on Buffalo Rumblings did, a skeleton Raider mascot getting skull stomped by a buffalo.
Bills vs Raiders: September 18th, 2011 - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back