PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell me what exactly was inaccurate in that report by Tomase. And I feel quite strongly that what you are objecting to is the facts that HIS SOURCE had. Not the facts of the actual reporting. And it's not a difficult distinction to make. Which is part of why this has become frustrating for some of us.

Because something isn't prove to be inaccurate doesn't make it accurate.

Journalistic standards again.

Re: Moss and PFT...............wtf?????

Cut Moss, risk Stallworth getting injured and then we have the same starters from last year with a very good Welker in the slot. Unless he is being a disruption then please DON'T CUT HIM.

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell me what exactly was inaccurate in that report by Tomase. And I feel quite strongly that what you are objecting to is the facts that HIS SOURCE had. Not the facts of the actual reporting. And it's not a difficult distinction to make. Which is part of why this has become frustrating for some of us.

HIS SOURCE WAS P........F.........T!!!!!!!!!!

A RUMOR SITE!!!!!!!

DO YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!!!!!!

No, the source is a league source with knowledge of the Patriots, the PFT thing is a SEPARATE issue.

I almost want this to happen. There are too many distractions going on right now with this team and Moss is definitely one of them and more importantly has the ability to become the biggest distraction of all.

I almost want this to happen but his talent combined with Brady's makes it SO damn intriguing.

Please, for the love of God, READ the blog itself.

No, the source is a league source with knowledge of the Patriots, the PFT thing is a SEPARATE issue.
I think Tomase is actually Dwight from The Office . . . with his super secret sources.

Because something isn't prove to be inaccurate doesn't make it accurate.

Journalistic standards again.

Again, you're not really getting the point. The FACT we're discussing is: Did a league source SAY there was a surprise cut?

YES OR NO.

Not "was the source correct" or "was the source ultimately accurate." It's THE SOURCE SAID THIS. THAT IS TOMASE'S FACT. There is only one argument with THAT - either you think the source told him that or you think he made it up.

Cut Moss, risk Stallworth getting injured and then we have the same starters from last year with a very good Welker in the slot. Unless he is being a disruption then please DON'T CUT HIM.

I'm with you... Stallworth has an injury background. I've predicted he'll be more valuable than Moss but having depth with a deep threat is important.

My feeling is the rumor was started by the organization to keep Moss on track, letting him know he's gone when he dogs it... I felt before he came here that he had made himself useless as a diversion by not giving his all on every play. His talk coming over here -coulpled with the fact that he wants a big payday next year, gave me lots of hope.

It seems now he might be concerned that he won't get big numbers here... that should have been aparent upfront for him...

The Patriots are letting it be known that if he thinks lower numbers are a problem here - try getting a big payday contract when you've been cut by your team.

It's preventative and hopefully the message gets across. I don't care how disgruntled Moss is - or is as a result of these rumors - the end result is the same... give your all on every play, help the team win, and you'll have your big payday... all the moreso if we win a Super Bowl.

Again, you're not really getting the point. The FACT we're discussing is: Did a league source SAY there was a surprise cut?
Well we'll never know will we. You can't say yes, I can't say no. But Tomase obviously needs a new league source because either the source was wrong or Tomase never had a league source.

Last edited:

What journalistic standards did Tomase NOT live up to in the blog we're talking about? That's all I'm asking. It's back a page if you want to re-read it.

He printed a rumor in the paper as if he had a reliable source.

If you remember Will McDonough, he would post "rumors" based on sources and even tell that he couldn't reveal them.

An astonishing amount came true because he actually had reliable sources.

He knew all the owners, coaches and GMs and would think nothing of calling Pete Rozelle to track down a story.

He had lunch with him and would pick up the phone and say "hi Pete".

These pretenders today are sh*t trying to do the same thing, but their sources are guys in their basements that have fantasy football web sites.

If I'm lying, I'm dying. Ask some old timers, or look up stories on McDonough on the web.

I'm not sure exactly what Moss himself has done to become a "distraction." We're all in a tizzy over it, and posting left and right, but what exactly has Moss done wrong thus far? He's been injured, which is obviously frustrating, but Belichick seems fine with it. Moss seems fine. Brady seems fine. Is ANYONE on the team saying anything that would lead you to believe they are in any way distracted by this?

As far as we can tell, Moss has been no more a distraction than Kyle Brady, Seymour, Troy, Chad Jackson, Gaffney or any others of the walking wounded.

Which of his facts did he get wrong? I find it interesting that you all seem to be dodging the question.

God please let Randy Moss stay on the team and become a huge playmaker for Mr Brady.

Which of his facts did he get wrong? I find it interesting that you all seem to be dodging the question.

I heard the Earth's going to fall out of orbit and hit the sun in a 1,000 years.

Did I get any facts wrong?

I heard the Earth's going to fall out of orbit and hit the sun in a 1,000 years.

Not if you're quoting an undisclosed scientific source you didn't.

I hope I hope I hope Randy is on this team opening against the jets, I don't see how he can so passionately wanna be a Patriot then change his mind before he even played a game.
Remember how happy he was and Chris Carter said he never seen Randy smile more?
I hope Randy is still a focal part of this year's team.

Not if you're quoting an undisclosed scientific source you didn't.

Actually, I just said it out loud. I can hear myself, so everything I said is factual.:)

Give it a few minutes.

Your facts will be confirmed by Tomase's sources and posted on his blog.

Although they knew about this cataclysm week's ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back