PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss and PFT...............wtf?????

You know what's fun? Skimming the front page of the site to see if people are already onto their 9th or 10th page of a discussion you're about to start.

You know what's even more funn........ Not being a D!ck and discussing the issue. This goes to a 3rd article, not about the rumors about getting cut and the 2 article yesterday.

Besides the other thread has descended into crap with you just berating everyone of their opinions and making yourself look like an jagoff as usual.

Feel free not to participate.

Last edited:

Well said Seven Nation Army.

QB12

Re: From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up

Let me start by noting that, in posting this, I'm not saying that PFT is wrong about this particular rumor. My biggest beef with PST over the weekend was that completely nonsensical assertion about Simms and his future with the Buccaneers. Now, about your post.

Again, you're rationalizing. However, the answer to your question is "It could be one of many reasons". Ask the editors of The New Republic why they've covered for information proven false, or the New York Times, or various other newspapers around the world, or the companies/people that still insist that Bush was using a plastic turkey in Iraq when it was proven that it was, in fact a real turkey. People defend falsehoods for various reasons.

I'm not rationizing. I am giving possibilities of how this rumor could be out there and still be false. I have no idea how this rumor started or if it is true. Rationalizing would be coming to a conclusion and creating scenarios to support that conclusion. I have not come to a conclusion on where this rumor started or if it is true or not. I just don't see any evidence that this is a media creation and the information that we do know seem to be pretty strong that it isn't.

PFT gets a lot of things wrong, but also get a lot right. That is the reality of a rumor site.

Honestly, what this has all come down to is that you guys literally don't understand English or journalism. Really, it's amazing.
I am 100% confident I know English better than you - Journalism ? I guess that depends what you consider journalism to be.

Yeah, I read that one....... BUT This is about a THIRD article (showed up this AM). It's not the same one that thread references, which was the point of this thread. This third article is starting to get obsessive.

Once: A rumor (okay, can see it).

Twice: denying that they were totally wrong on rumor 1 (silly)

Third: a separate article dedicated to the same topic (demented and obsessive).

You mean this story that's being discussed in that thread?

FYI ... that beat STILL goes on.
Little while ago, this went up:

MOSS RUMORS DON'T DIE

We are hearing more -- not less -- of those rumors that the Patriots might pull the plug prematurely on the Randy Moss experiment.

The talk is intensifying in the media, and among league insiders.

Yeah, that's the topic in the other thread. If people feel a need for a new thread every time PFT posts a new Moss rumor every few hours fine by me but I think the Mods tend to like to consolidate things.

Honestly, what this has all come down to is that you guys literally don't understand English or journalism. Really, it's amazing.

No.

I have an overdeveloped sense of cynicism towards the media.

They rarely report facts anymore. They tend to report things without any verification or worst of all, they manufacture the facts themselves.

THAT IS the problem!

I don't believe there were any such rumors until PFT posted/created them and Tomase picked up on them and added them to his blog with embellishment.

I don't believe any rumors from any sources anywhere existed until they were fabricated on Saturday and picked up by some "credible" writers who suspect in my opinion.

Now you think there is a vast media conspiracy against Moss? You think that Florio and Tomase conspired to give this rumor legitimate weight?

Ok, I gotta run. You are going way overboard here.

Yes. If we're not going to use him we should at least get our fourth round pick back. Moss can play with Brett Favre for a year and hit the open market.

I wouldn't bat an eye if Randy Moss failed to make on the 2007 New England Patriots. If Belichick and Pioli think it isn't going to work out they should get rid of him. Repeat: We do not need Randy Moss. New England has put together a 17-2 season before with less talent than we have now.

These rumors don't mean anything in the big picture. If the brain trust wants Moss gone, he should go. If they want him playing next Sunday, he'll be on the field against the Jets.

Well said Seven Nation Army.

QB12

I agree, they just seem to be pimping this story TOO hard. The first 2 article were understandandable, this last one seem...... well, odd.

Do you really think we'd get our 4th back? for a disgruntled Moss (and he would be).

Now you think there is a vast media conspiracy against Moss? You think that Florio and Tomase conspired to give this rumor legitimate weight?

Ok, I gotta run. You are going way overboard here.

What VAST conspiracy!!!???

I'm saying PFT posted junk, which is okay, because sometimes they do that and Tomase picked up the junk and ran with it.

That's all I'm saying!

You mean this story that's being discussed in that thread?

Yeah, that's the topic in the other thread. If people feel a need for a new thread every time PFT posts a new Moss rumor every few hours fine by me but I think the Mods tend to like to consolidate things.

Thats fine (consolidating) that is, that thread descended into bickering was losing focus plus that post was 40somthing outta 90somthing, and I mostly found it to be hard to follow at this

I quess my question is; that this third article seems to push an already dead topic, and as I asked. Is there validity to it (despite not making much sense), or are they just trying to beat the story into truth.

Last edited:

It wouldn't concern me if we dumped Moss. Better take care of the issue now (if there is one) rather than later. We are hardly weak at wide receiver at the moment. At the same time, if Moss works out then that's fine too. I mentioned this before but I bet that BB isn't too happy with the media attention that Moss brings at every step. I think he would prefer to quietly win the SB rather than be the odd-on preseason favorite.

I want Bam back!

No. TRY READING. Tomase didn't report Moss was going to get cut. He reported that there were rumors of a surprise cut and that SOME, not Tomase himself, were speculating that it could be Moss.

ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY THIS SHORT-SIGHTED?

I could just read stuff you posted.

Remember this?

How many fantasy owners had their hearts in their throats for the last few hours waiting to see if the Pats would cut Randy Moss? It turns out they had nothing to worry about, though we were tantalized by a source who knew the list and said there was one surprise name included. That “surprise” ended up being 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde, who will undoubtedly be back at some point to throw a garbage time touchdown. As for our source, yes, he will be punched in the face.

However, we must stress that in conversations with other league executives we’ve been unable to confirm this as anything more than hearsay.

I'm restricting myself to your posts. Which is it? Did Tomase knowingly post hearsay on a Newspaper site?

Or did he make a mistake and Vinnie was the surprise cut?

I'll guarantee if anything happens to Moss they'll all do a 180 and say they knew it all along.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

You know what's even more funn........ Not being a D!ck and discussing the issue. This goes to a 3rd article, not about the rumors about getting cut and the 2 article yesterday.

Besides the other thread has descended into crap with you just berating everyone of their opinions and making yourself look like an jagoff as usual.

Feel free not to participate.

Wow. You're right. I'm the one who's gone overboard. By the way, that article IS in that thread. Try knowing what you're talking about before going off on people.

Last edited:

I'm old enough to remember journalistic standards myself.

No.

I have an overdeveloped sense of cynicism towards the media.

They rarely report facts anymore. They tend to report things without any verification or worst of all, they manufacture the facts themselves.

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell me what exactly was inaccurate in that report by Tomase. And I feel quite strongly that what you are objecting to is the facts that HIS SOURCE had. Not the facts of the actual reporting. And it's not a difficult distinction to make. Which is part of why this has become frustrating for some of us.

I think this may be purposeful disinformation from a non-Patriots' source wanting to shake up Moss. I think there is no truth to it whatever.

Re: From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up.

Yes, "rumors" in the RUMOR MILL. Bizarre, huh?!

wait, you lost me. Had me for a second but you then you lost me.

I don't get it.:)

I'm old enough to remember journalistic standards myself.

What journalistic standards did Tomase NOT live up to in the blog we're talking about? That's all I'm asking. It's back a page if you want to re-read it.

Thats fine (consolidating) that is, that thread descended into bickering was losing focus plus that post was 40somthing outta 90somthing, and I mostly found it to be hard to follow at this

I quess my question is; that this third article seems to push an already dead topic, and as I asked. Is there validity to it (despite not making much sense), or are they just trying to beat the story into truth.

You're right... I'm not flaming you... it is terribly off focus... a new thread might not be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft