PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeney possibly out for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Freeney out for the year

Too bad. Hate to see a fellow Organman hurt. Oh well.

Still can't believe the Colts gave him all that money. I said it at the time that that contract would be the beginning of the end for this current Colt's team.

You simply don't give a pass rusher whose game is predicated on speed a boat load of cash when they are getting to the wrong side of 30.

Once he loses that step Freeney will be just another slightly above-average DE. And with this surgery that lost step could be now.

Whats an organman? - Does that mean he plays the organ? or has he decided to donate an organ once he dies?

Kansas City will not beat Indy. K.c. is starting the young qb and Larry Johnson is out. Otherwise, I would say they might give them game. Good luck to Freeney. The last I heard it was three or four weeks.

Tough little sucker, Hope he makes it back for the playoffs!

Tough little sucker, Hope he makes it back for the playoffs!

For somebody that relies on quick cutting moves, this is a tough injury. Best of luck to him.

really sux about freeney --- I want them all healthy for the afc championship grudge match.

I don't want all the excuses after the pats beat down a depleted colts team.

and the contract seems a little much, but my understanding is that he's kind of the guy that makes that style of d work, so maybe he's worth more to them than other teams.
they really need the pressure from those front few.

Mods this deserves its own thread. This is huge. According to indystar.com / espn (pats haters) freeney is having surgery. Tough break. Good luck to Dwight.
You mind posting links for this? It really helps to post links because I can't find any ESPN or IndyStar story saying Freeney is having surgery.

Kansas City has just seen thier best chance to finally win in Indy come true.

I think they legitimately have a good chance this sunday,especially if Holmes or LJ runs thru that decimated line all day.

With a rookie under center, they still don't have a chance.

Colts will cover the spread.

It sucks to see anybody have a season/career ending injury. Hopefully he has a full recovery.

If I were a Colts fan, I would not be worried right now about the loss of Freeney for this year.

I'd be worried about my salary cap and the $12 million dollar hole in it.

Awesome.

Oh I mean 'Ah, poor guy, hope he can come back, the Colts are such a classy franchise I'd hate to se-...'

Awesome.

Awesome.

Oh I mean 'Ah, poor guy, hope he can come back, the Colts are such a classy franchise I'd hate to se-...'

Awesome.

:rofl: oops, I didn't mean to laugh.

I'll take my cue from BB - "He don't play for us...................."

Translation: In the context of human goodness, sucks to see anyone get hurt, but in the scheme of things, I don't really give a crap either. Sucks to be them.

Looks like December 9th could be the real AFC Championship preview. :rocker:

Source: Freeney might have suffered Lisfranc injury
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108696

Poor John, I wonder if his ballwashing of the Colts will continue?

John is going to mention this EVERY TIME he talks about the Colts for the rest of the year. That guy is a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Last edited:

sucks for them. now it's time to see if they can play championship caliber football with the attrition the pats have had for a couple of seasons.

wait a minute....we've already seen that they can't.

If I were a Colts fan, I would not be worried right now about the loss of Freeney for this year.

I'd be worried about my salary cap and the $12 million dollar hole in it.

This kind of ties into my point, and one I haven't seen talked about at all.

Dwight Freeney has 7 sacks over the last 2 seasons, 3 of which were in one game last year against Cincinatti against a first-time starting, Rookie Left Tackle.

With the signing of Simeon Rice, the question to me is...

Are they REALLY losing anything with Freeney being out? Not the "Legend of Dwight Freeney" or "The Aura of Dwight Freeney" or the "Past Performances of Dwight Freeney", but the real, live, honest-to-goodness, November 2007-he-of-the-7-sacks-in-the-last-2-seasons Dwight Freeney.

Food for thought, anyway. In my opinion, the gap from Freeney to "Talented pash rusher in the last year or 2 of his career" isn't really all that vast.

YMMV

This kind of ties into my point, and one I haven't seen talked about at all.

Dwight Freeney has 7 sacks over the last 2 seasons, 3 of which were in one game last year against Cincinatti against a first-time starting, Rookie Left Tackle.

With the signing of Simeon Rice, the question to me is...

Are they REALLY losing anything with Freeney being out? Not the "Legend of Dwight Freeney" or "The Aura of Dwight Freeney" or the "Past Performances of Dwight Freeney", but the real, live, honest-to-goodness, November 2007-he-of-the-7-sacks-in-the-last-2-seasons Dwight Freeney.

Food for thought, anyway. In my opinion, the gap from Freeney to "Talented pash rusher in the last year or 2 of his career" isn't really all that vast.

YMMV

I think Freeney has been playing like a HOF caliber player.

His value is not in his sacks, but in the fact that many opposing teams are forced to double team him.

Without Freeney, I don't think that Indy can mount an effective pass rush against a team with an average or better offensive line.

Kansas City has just seen thier best chance to finally win in Indy come true.

I think they legitimately have a good chance this sunday,especially if Holmes or LJ runs thru that decimated line all day.

What decimated line??? Because Freeney is gone?
Is this like their decimated offense, the one with Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai playing at full speed??
Don't fall for the propaganda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results