PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Dolphins RB Knowshon Moreno out for the year with an ACL injury

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dolphins placed RB Knowshon Moreno (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Moreno sustained an ACL tear during Sunday's Week 6 loss to the Packers, although we didn't see it and the Dolphins made no mention of it. His first season in Miami ends with 31 carries for 148 yards and one touchdown, badly hampered by an offseason knee scope and a Week 2 elbow injury. Moreno will enter free agency again this offseason, this time at 27 years old with even more injury concerns than last year when he settled for a one-year, $3M deal from the Dolphins. He'll find scant interest. Lamar Miller, who has been playing at a very high level over the last month, is locked and loaded as Miami's feature back the rest of the way.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5163/knowshon-moreno

I hate to see anyone injured. He is a guy who seems to give the Pats' fits.

That sucks. So many solid players getting season ending injuries.

I badly wanted the Pats to sign Moreno. Thought he would be a great fit for us. Shame.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
He was a thorn in the Patriots' backside last season with the Broncos, and really energized the Dolphins this season when Lamar Miller wasn't getting it done week 1.

Injuries as devastating as this are always tough to come back from. I wish him all the best on his recovery. It was fairly obvious from Sunday's game that he came back too soon from his elbow injury.

Damn, that's a bummer for him, although I'm glad for his sake that he got at least some FA money. At least he's come back from a torn ACL before, so he's proven he can do it.

I badly wanted the Pats to sign Moreno. Thought he would be a great fit for us. Shame.

Me too, he would've been a great fit here. Definitely a better fit than in Miami.

I wonder if the Pats might look at him next year as a buy really low guy. Probably would have to be him or Ridley though

I wonder if the Pats might look at him next year as a buy really low guy. Probably would have to be him or Ridley though

Moreno's ego won't allow it and someone will overpay. Cue jets.

I wonder why he wasn't very good with Josh McDaniels and the Broncos.

I wish him an AP recovery and a MVP run next season in a Patriots uniform.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back