PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Patriots possibly activate Orton with Dobson out vs Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I don't know how much time they need to activate, make a spot, but the guy is 6'3" or more had good production in college and must be a worker (4 years of practice squads and arena football).

Of course in a downpour maybe they don't, but anyone think they might sometime? (no jinx onDobson's health, of course). It was mentioned (for what it's worth) that he looked to have the Broncos made except for injury.

I don't know how much time they need to activate, make a spot, but the guy is 6'3" or more had good production in college and must be a worker (4 years of practice squads and arena football).

Of course in a downpour maybe they don't, but anyone think they might sometime? (no jinx onDobson's health, of course). It was mentioned (for what it's worth) that he looked to have the Broncos made except for injury.

Even in the Red Zone, I don't think Brady would even look in his direction, especially in the "ooops, it slipped" rain. We'd be better off trying to use Mulligan a little more, IMO.

That said, I don't have a clue.

Even in the Red Zone, I don't think Brady would even look in his direction, especially in the "ooops, it slipped" rain. We'd be better off trying to use Mulligan a little more, IMO.

That said, I don't have a clue.

Probably not in the rain. Might be a need in a passing game, unfortunately.

This is obviously a shot in the dark, but this guy is a worker who's hung on for four years and a few stints of arena football. Maybe he used his time on the practice squad well. Ostinko has certainly showed us that past production doesn't mean much if you don't work to learn.

Crazy idea, but a couple shots in the end zone?

Who knows what to expect from this team. Nothing surprises me.

Hell they activated Eric Alexander for a game and that worked out well. :p

The probability must be close to zero but I could imagine a scenario where Dobson and Thompkins are unable to overcome their injuries and suddenly we are looking at the next man up as either Orton or Slater.

Making that assumption that Thompkins is playing so including him active for tonight game would Edelman, Amendola, Collie, Slater (yea I know, hes not a WR) and X. Question is do they go with 3 or two TEs. Hooman, Mulligan Stew and Williams or they go with an xtra lineman and use him as the short-yardage TE...who knows.

My gut tells me with the rain and wind, the short passing and running games with be the preferred method of attack so I would assume that they'll roll w/ 3 TEs or xtra lineman.

Making that assumption that Thompkins is playing so including him active for tonight game would Edelman, Amendola, Collie, Slater (yea I know, hes not a WR) and X. Question is do they go with 3 or two TEs. Hooman, Mulligan Stew and Williams or they go with an xtra lineman and use him as the short-yardage TE...who knows.

My gut tells me with the rain and wind, the short passing and running games with be the preferred method of attack so I would assume that they'll roll w/ 3 TEs or xtra lineman.

I would agree with this assessment. As much as it would be nice to have a taller, speedier receiver to take some coverage with him downfield, and make the Colt's DC have to plan for him, Mulligan, Devlin and Hooman are a nice little package to have to hand.

All three have shown they have fairly soft hands, and both Devlin and Mulligan have that "bowling ball" skill set to help them gain those few extra yards, or punch it in when you absolutely need to get that 1st Down.

All things considered, the DC for Indy has a lot of different looks he'll be having to account for, and that's the one advantage that New England's Island of Misfit Toys has going for it. You just never know where the threat will be coming from. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes