PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Atlanta have the personnel to implement man-coverage schemes and disrupt the interior O-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be the first to admit that I haven't watched a lot of Falcon games this year and even when I did watch some of their highlights, it seemed to be all about their prolific offense. I'm thinking they are not in the caliber of Houston or Denver's defense and if Tom gets time, we should really be able to move the ball on them.

the Falcons struggle to tackle big backs.......Blount could have a 200 yard day

The last line of that Football outsider article is "Last team with the ball wins". They were clearly wrong about that and I wonder what else in the article they were wrong about.

I don't think Shaq allowed a pressure in the last 2 games. Hes been playing great.

Beasley should be taken very seriously but he doesn't have the power or hands that Clowney has. If you get any contact any Vic hes doa.

I agree that they'll use stunts n twists to get up the middle but Beasley isn't nearly as powerful to crash through the front.

I have a lot of respect for Atlanta but the more I dig the more +++ I see for NE.

You beat us by having your #3-4 guys step up. Can Atlanta do that?

The Patriots could have a different #1 each week. There's no JJ here. Every play its different. Falcons have trouble stopping rec depth and yac.

This isnt a Giants, Seahawks pass rush w/ multiple threats. Its a one man gang for the most part.

I just saw a post on a Falcons board where someone talked themselves into the Falcons CLEARLY (yes, he used all caps) having a better defense then Denver and Seattle.

smh

BB will be prepared to counter their schemes. Brady will tear their D apart. Only question in this game is if the D can hold their O to under 30 pts.

I honestly believe they can. Sure no one thought we would basically hold the Steelers and that explosive offense to 9 points throughout most of the game. The Falcons offense reminds me of the Falcons offense in a lot of ways with a great receiver, great backs and good 2s and 3s for the other receivers.

The Pats just have to protect Brady. When they don't, the Pats have issues.

I can't see the Pats D getting torched in a way where the Pats offense can't keep up. A team with a great offense and great defense against a team with a great offense and an average defense. Just based upon that, who do you think will win?

Exactly.

I try to respect every Pats opponent and study them as much as possible before posting anything- especially if I'm not familiar with them. But I really don't think this game will be all that close. Patriots blowing them out is very likely tho I think its gonna be a game Pats control, win by around 10-13. Not a blowout but a decisive win. The Pats have far more favorable matchups than atl. And the NFL game is all about matchups. I'm as confident about this game as I was about hou and pitts. Would take a combo of multiple turnovers, freakish helmet-catches and major Pats brain cramps for atl to win IMO.

I just saw a post on a Falcons board where someone talked themselves into the Falcons CLEARLY (yes, he used all caps) having a better defense then Denver and Seattle.

smh

There are Falcons fans on this very forum claiming the exact same thing. It's quite bizarre. Pats fans have much more ammunition to use if they wanted to make such a comparison, yet you still don't see anyone make such an absurd claim.

It might be the same scheme he ran in Seattle... but there's no Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett or Bobby Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3