PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent LB Ernie Sims still available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree that it isn't a huge need. I do think with 2 or 3 open roster spots it would be a decent idea to bring in a depth LB with some experience for a look.

I just not overly sold on White he hasn't practiced in a month and we got smoked over the middle a lot last year example the Steelers game. I think Fletcher held a very important role in our defense that isn't easy to overlook.

I think everyone will have their different opinions on the 53 man roster, and that's expected--actually it's a fun exercise to pass the long days of summer for me. I really don't see the "2 or 3" open spots that you do though. I think that we need an additional player or two on the defensive line, and an additional tweener like Scott/Francis.

That would leave a spot for one of the ST/coverage LB'ers that you are talking about, and I can certainly understand your want of additional competition for a guy like Tracy White/Tarpinian/Koutevedes, but I just have a hunch that it will be one of them.

I'm certainly not sold on any of them either, and I agree that the loss of Fletcher could be significant. That said though, he didn't play too much last year, and Belichick apparently disagreed with us as he started White in the SB instead of Fletcher.

Save the $$. We are fine at LB as it looks right now.

We need a cover LB for that package. Sims has always been a good cover guy his problems have been block shedding. I think he could be used to maximize his skill set here.

Who would you bring in to fill Fletcher's spot? Not meaning to make the 53 man roster but compete with Rivera and Tarp?

Sims isn't that guy. At least IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes