PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency - What's Left

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we could get a 3 this year and a 1 next year (actually its even more than that as mg pointed out) for RYAN MALLETT?

What has changed? 2 years ago teams didn't want to spend a 3 (at least almost all, and definitely no one wanted to spend a 2) in order to draft him and bring him in to learn their system, that know they want to spend even more on a guy who is 2 years older and has to unlearn someone elses system?

I don't understand what has transpired that makes Mallett more valuable now. You can't be basing it on his preseason play which was spotty at best.

No I think we should give them Ryan Mallet and our 1st rounder this year which is #29 for their 1st rounder #6 and their 3rd rounder #68. So in essence we end up moving up 23 slots in round one and acquire a 3rd round pick for Ryan Mallet.

So you think that Mallett is worth more than a 1st and a 3rd (actually more)?. I don't. OK. We'll just agree to disagree.

Lmao, speculation like this really belongs in the wild trade speculation thread. The only thing that could drive Mallett's value up is desperation, ands most of the teams who needed QB's have already made deals for them so that aspect has been driven down. i would love to see them get something more than they paid for Mallett but unless Lombardi has a serious hard on for him it isn't happening.

So you think that Mallett is worth more than a 1st and a 3rd (actually more)?. I don't. OK. We'll just agree to disagree.

I don't think it's really a 1st I think it's 23 spots in the first and a 3rd rounder Cleveland would still have a 1st rounder just 29 instead of 6th. So no I don't consider him to be a 1st and 3rd rounder straight up.

You think we could get a 3 this year and a 1 next year (actually its even more than that as mg pointed out) for RYAN MALLETT?

What has changed? 2 years ago teams didn't want to spend a 3 (at least almost all, and definitely no one wanted to spend a 2) in order to draft him and bring him in to learn their system, that know they want to spend even more on a guy who is 2 years older and has to unlearn someone elses system?

I don't understand what has transpired that makes Mallett more valuable now. You can't be basing it on his preseason play which was spotty at best.

How exactly does moving from 29 to 6 and receiving the 68th overall pick for Mallet equal a 1st and 3rd in 2014?

And who is at #6 that could potentially add more value to the Cleveland Browns than Mallet and a prospect at #29? I don't see anyone.

No I think we should give them Ryan Mallet and our 1st rounder this year which is #29 for their 1st rounder #6 and their 3rd rounder #68. So in essence we end up moving up 23 slots in round one and acquire a 3rd round pick for Ryan Mallet.

The cost of moving up 23 slots (from 29 to 6) would AT LEAST be our first this year and first next year. You are also taking a 3rd from them.
What you are saying is.

6+68 = 29 + 2014 1st plus our 3rd (and again that still isnt close to enough)

You are replacing 2014 1st plus our 3rd with Mallett.

That means you feel Mallett is worth a 2013 3rd and a 2014 1st (plus more)

IMO, you couldn't even get 68 for Mallett.

How exactly does moving from 29 to 6 and receiving the 68th overall pick for Mallet equal a 1st and 3rd in 2014?

Because that is the draft pick value required to get that pick. Its really not even enough, I was just making it easy.
It really isn't that complicated. Ask what draft choices it would require to get 6 and 68. If you offer 29 plus Mallett, you are saying Mallett is worth the other picks in that formula.

And who is at #6 that could potentially add more value to the Cleveland Browns than Mallet and a prospect at #29? I don't see anyone.

There are a number of players available at 6 that are better than the combination of Ryan Mallett and 29. Not to mention they could take a 1st round QB with that pick that they can develop in their system as a rookie instead of a 3rd round QB who has been inactive in another system for 2 years.

with this whole gronk thing..please get another WR..please...sanders or someone

with this whole gronk thing..please get another WR..please...sanders or someone

I don't really think there is a whole Gronk thing. The hysteria is based on no news at all.

There is a whole gronk thing. An even if you don't have that you have amendola who is almost as bad as dowling

There is a whole gronk thing. An even if you don't have that you have amendola who is almost as bad as dowling

OK, so none of that made sense to me so I'll just move on. Thanks.

That is silly. Mallett has done nothing in his 2 years in the league that would elevate his draft slot 70 spots. If anything in a redraft he would fall farther because Brady has remained healthy and ultimately he may end up as a wasted pick who never plays, so in hindsight the Pats would pass, and he would slide further.

Andy how much have any of the prospects in this years draft done in the NFL? How much did Aaron Rodgers do behind Farve? The NFL draft and the picks included are all built around potential and I cannot understand why you feel Mallet lacks potential?

I don't get how Mallet is considered good enough to replace Tom Brady arguably the best QB of all time when he retires here but not good enough to start for the Browns and net us 23 spots in round 1 and a 3rd rounder.

The cost of moving up 23 slots (from 29 to 6) would AT LEAST be our first this year and first next year. You are also taking a 3rd from them.
What you are saying is.

6+68 = 29 + 2014 1st plus our 3rd (and again that still isnt close to enough)

You are replacing 2014 1st plus our 3rd with Mallett.

That means you feel Mallett is worth a 2013 3rd and a 2014 1st (plus more)

IMO, you couldn't even get 68 for Mallett.

I don't agree because I don't think it would take #29 and a 2014 1st to move to #6.

I value Mallet as a top 15 draft pick if he was in this class. That's my opinion however it's shared by a number of draft experts.

"IF his knee holds up".....we don't need this BS right now......a RB with questionable knees....pass......we have Bolden, Vereen, and Ridley....draft Another healthy RB just in case.

The Pats have shown interest in Lattimore. He should be available Day 2. If his knee holds up, he'd be a steal. He and Ridley would be a two headed monster out of the backfield.

As complete crap goes this post is as good as it gets. Amendola had 2 serious injuries that anyone would have suffered whereas I-Dowling has trouble simply getting on the field.

"IF his knee holds up".....we don't need this BS right now......a RB with questionable knees....pass......we have Bolden, Vereen, and Ridley....draft Another healthy RB just in case.

Difference is, Lattimore if healthy would be a top 10 pick. Ridley is a complementary piece to the passing game. Talent like Lattimore can be entire offenses in their own right.

Difference is, Lattimore if healthy would be a top 10 pick. Ridley is a complementary piece to the passing game. Talent like Lattimore can be entire offenses in their own right.

Peterson's recovery has changed the game for expectations but i still don't see Belichick using a first on him, I think he is doing his homework in case he drops. I also think the same can be said of much of their pre-draft work.

So.....you haven't heard anything about Amendola's injury problems and inability to stay healthy in his career in the NFL? Do some research Andy....People are not making this up here...the guy HAS HAD trouble staying healthy...He missed 22 games in his last 4 seasons....Does that make sense to you now????? Gronk is another major question mark obviously.....he just can not catch a break......they need to bring in more weapons for insurance....them's the facts

Peterson's recovery has changed the game for expectations but i still don't see Belichick using a first on him, I think he is doing his homework in case he drops. I also think the same can be said of much of their pre-draft work.

Well that's the good thing - he's unlikely to be deemed 'healthy' until after he's drafted. In other words, he's not going to be a first round pick.

Trust me. I didn't expect you to know about amendolas injury issues.

Just like your post about gronk not having an issue yet he is slated for a 4th surgery now according to Reiss..i'll move on as well

It would definitely take MORE than a patriot 2014 1st to move up to #6 this year.

HOWEVER, if Mallett is indeed valued by the CLE GM (a delusional moment) as being worth a top 15 pick, then our 1st plus Mallett does make sense. You should have told us a long time ago that you valued Mallett as being worth a top 15 pick. We would then understand the source of you analysis.

I don't agree because I don't think it would take #29 and a 2014 1st to move to #6.

I value Mallet as a top 15 draft pick if he was in this class. That's my opinion however it's shared by a number of draft experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News