PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Frank Caliendo impersonates Bill Belichick..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A little humor to break up the monotony...btw..we get it Frank. You're a Jets fan and you hate BB. Still this little skit is irresistible.

It's worth the trip to youtube, I think. In case link gets pooped on.

A little humor to break up the monotony...btw..we get it Frank. You're a Jets fan and you hate BB. Still this little skit is irresistible.

It's worth the trip to youtube, I think. In case link gets pooped on.

Yeah, not so subtly calling him a cheater.

Yeah, not so subtly calling him a cheater.

Like I said, he is a Jets fan and so hates our beloved coach. But some of his impressions of the other nfl personalities such as Parcells and Jerry Jones and even Richard Sherman make it worth watching. Because humorous.

Like I said, he is a Jets fan and so hates our beloved coach. But some of his impressions of the other nfl personalities such as Parcells and Jerry Jones and even Richard Sherman make it worth watching. Because humorous.

I've been spoiled by the best ...

I mean, impersonators are somewhere between prop comics and ventriloquists in terms of awful, painful humor but he does a good job with a number of them. Not just voices but his physicality is solid. I should know, I've done some community theater.

I've been spoiled by the best ...

Rich Little was the best. One of the things that really set him apart from others is that he always had a story or a scene to go along with his impresonations. Lot's of people can do impressions but fewer still have something of substance to offer while doing the impression.

TBH, I find his "comedy" unfunny, outdated, and lacking in originality.
I really liked him before he went to ESPN. His Madden impression on Letterman back ten years ago was spot on. Once he went to ESPN though, he basically became sapped of his humor after a while.

Basically they turned him into a "Say something funny Frank! Hahahaha!" Type of deal. They overused him and his imitations started being very forced (Gruden impressions over and over? SAS impressions? Yawn..) and now he's just bland.

Rich Little was the best. One of the things that really set him apart from others is that he always had a story or a scene to go along with his impresonations. Lot's of people can do impressions but fewer still have something of substance to offer while doing the impression.

Little also added the mannerisms to a nearly perfect sound match and did just about everybody famous. Very rarely would Little have to tell the audience who he was impersonating. They knew as soon as he spoke or as soon as he started moving (his Johnny Carson and Jack Benny are great examples). If we were comparing impersonators to QBs, then Rich Little is Tom Brady and Frank Caliendo is Joe Flacco.

I loved Rich Little when I was a kid. He had no equal in impersonations.
But he has no BB impersonations. In fact, he has no impressions of anybody more contemporary than Johnny Carson.
I will agree that Caliendo was much better when he first came out but he seems to have lost the edge. Could have done a much better job on BB if he wasn't so snarky about it. But he's pretty much the only one with a BB impersonation.

Rich Little wasn't afraid to go "blue" either.
I distinctly remember a Tonight Show parody skit with Rodney Dangerfield on one of Rodney's HBO specials (not the classic annual Young Comedians specials), and he (as Johnny Carson) & Rodney both started saying "**** the commercials, **** the commercials, **** the commercials." Not exactly the Hollywood Squares or even Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts.

Pretty weak writing. What's weird is that the real Bill Belichick is actually funnier than any impersonation could ever be, yet he's also kinda terrifying, I suspect, when he has to be. He's is sumthin' else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes