PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX NFL Sunday shows "the tape"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOX claims they have tape

This showed three coaches giving D signals, then it panned up and showed down and distance. They all defended it saying that this isn't something new. Howie said that if you think that the Pats have this market cornered you are naive.

Bradshaw agreed but said that they are the only ones that have been caught doing it so he can't say for sure that there are other teams doing this.

Johnson said that he did stuff like this when he was a coach. He would get an intern to go through the opposing teams garbage and get their gameplans.

It was basically defended on national tv. I think if the media keeps pushing this it will turn on them, there will be more ex coaches and players defending the Pats. BB was wrong for violating league rules but I believe in the end this whole "cheating" label will be disregarded and the Pats SB's won't be questioned amongst the people that actually matter.

If there was any doubt that Goodell is lacking some common sense then this was it.

And how do we know that is from the real tape?...Somehow I think they made it up...or else they would have shown more of it.

And how do we know that is from the real tape?...Somehow I think they made it up...or else they would have shown more of it.

Oh, come on.....

There are a few guys there giving signals. Which one is it? Who the hell knows? All you have to do is put 3 guys there. It's not that big a deal.

After all the build up the leaked tape doesn't look to be that bad.

They actually do have it.

Glazer just showed it. Estrella shoots the Jets' defensive coaches, then the scoreboard, then repeats.

I can't wait to see it go on YouTube. You know someone will post it even though they shouldn't and it will circulate the web constantly being deleted and shown.

This commish leaks everything...the punishment was leaked a few hours early and Mike Lynch somehow go it.

The commish is hurting his own credibility.

The reality is that I think the "leak" of the tape is very good for us.

I wonder whether there was even an unspoken agreement by the pats to allow it. I think it does more than anything to get rid of the "cheating" argument. I also think that it serves the NFL's purposes of showing the rest of the league what's now off limits.

And, frankly, that's a good thing. I imagine there are a lot of NLF coaches crapping their pants this weekend after seeing this and having to make a serious reevaluation of things they do all the time.

Thanks for the images.

Honestly, THIS IS CHEATING?! ************, if people think taping three guys making obscure signals led the Pats to winning that game, they can go jump off a fu**ing bridge for all I care.

I'm confused...I was assured that this commissioner was the cat's meow, that his punishments were fair and that he was great for the league... :confused:

Last edited:

That tape is pretty weak if thats all it is, sorry but the huge deal this became over that is humerous to me.

Yeah, what a cheat. You've got three guys tossing out signals, and Jimmy Johnson said he was taught to do it the same way.

How the hell did FOX get access to the tapes? That's an absolute joke for the league office, and Jimmy Johnson's comments put the whole thing in perspective.

Does Goodell apologize for the leak?
Kraft needs to work his magic.
Get this guy off our backs, and quick.

i don't know what to day really...amazing...this WHOLE SITUATION IS *********.

Now LT wants to say he "wants to rip our heads off", and TJ is on Countdown talking about fair play and his son's holier than thou play and reputation.

what!!!!! are you talking about?

What a cluster****.

I would be a happy happy happy man if we come out and remove all doubt as to who the top dog is in the NFL.

Screw you Rog...spineless commish.

That tape is pretty weak if thats all it is, sorry but the huge deal this became over that is humerous to me.

LOL, honestly. I'm almost glad they showed it. Makes the Commish look like a little bytch in a bunch of different ways.

If the average casual fan can look at that video and conclude that BB was using these videos for an in-game edge, then they are seeing something I'm not. I think that's a crazy conclusion to make.

It would take hours to not only capture & edit these videos, but to dissect them and hope to achieve the offchance of coming up with a pattern and figure out what the signals were. At that point, it would be the Jets fault for not disguising the signals enough. There's no way they were used in game. No ****ing way. F**K the Commish.

Goodell has no control over his office.
Expect the world to see all the Patriot files unless an immediate change occurs within Goodell's circle.

He'd better have.

There are only two ways this video was released.

Either a serious breach of confidentiality in the Commish's office and someone gets fired tomorrow or Goodell authorized the release. Either way, I can see the Pats refusing to hand over any more material until it's resolved.

I can see a major confrontation coming between Goodell and Kraft, one of the stronger owners in the league...

I believe that Goodell authorized the release to show that the punishment is justified but I think he just crossed a line in the sand and is about to find out when he happens when you mess with the owners...

Last edited:

Thanks for the images.

Honestly, THIS IS CHEATING?! ************, if people think taping three guys making obscure signals led the Pats to winning that game, they can go jump off a fu**ing bridge for all I care.

Well it's against the rules, we can't get around that. Especially since Goodell sent out a memo right before the season.

Goodell just embarrassed himself and the entire NFL for letting this tape leak out.

Doesn't matter what the truth is as we've seen...it matters what the media and public thinks.

And I think Glazer has credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back