PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX NFL Sunday shows "the tape"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cheered up a little over the tape release.
Immediately after FOX showed it, JJ says
"that's exactly how I was taught to do it 18 years ago".
Beautiful.
Now screw Goodell if he wants more docs lifted from Gillette.
They can't be trusted in the league office.

So what's to stop any fan from buying a ticket, taping the same thing and sending it to the coaching staff of their favorite team as a gift? This is a joke!
I'm also glad they showed it and a special GFY to Bradshaw, you holier than thou sanctimonious prick!

Good point about Bradshaw. The Steelers were the biggest cheaters of all time ! Even though they didn't test for steroids back in the 70's, most of the Steelers O-Line and D-Line were hopped up on steroids, if that isn't trying to get a competetive advantage, I don't know what is. Also, didn't Mike Webster die at 50 (some think it was because of the stroids) ? Several other linemen got eally sick or passed away ? Gimme a break.

It couldn't of been the pats that released this, they didn't have a copy. I don't see any gain in Goodell doing it, it makes him look like an idiot.

Pats sympathizer in the Commish office?

It couldn't of been the pats that released this, they didn't have a copy. I don't see any gain in Goodell doing it, it makes him look like an idiot.

Pats sympathizer in the Commish office?
And you know they didn't have a copy, how?

And you know they didn't have a copy, how?

The only way the Pats could have a copy of this tape is if somehow Estrella managed to make a duplicate of it before he was "intercepted."

Somehow, that seems even less likely than the idea of the Pats using it during the game.

The only way the Pats could have a copy of this tape is if somehow Estrella managed to make a duplicate of it before he was "intercepted."

Somehow, that seems even less likely than the idea of the Pats using it during the game.
If it was being transmitted to a receiver, recording it is simple.

anyone have a link for the video somewhere?

Re: FOX claims they have tape

This showed three coaches giving D signals, then it panned up and showed down and distance. They all defended it saying that this isn't something new. Howie said that if you think that the Pats have this market cornered you are naive.

Bradshaw agreed but said that they are the only ones that have been caught doing it so he can't say for sure that there are other teams doing this.

Johnson said that he did stuff like this when he was a coach. He would get an intern to go through the opposing teams garbage and get their gameplans.

It was basically defended on national tv. I think if the media keeps pushing this it will turn on them, there will be more ex coaches and players defending the Pats. BB was wrong for violating league rules but I believe in the end this whole "cheating" label will be disregarded and the Pats SB's won't be questioned amongst the people that actually matter.

Thank god. I didn't watch the pregame stuff since I was out, but I am glad to see REAL people defending or not killing the pats for it. I hope the rest of the country tuned in and saw what Fox showed.

F*ck goodell.

This was released to Fox NFL by Goddell's office to prove he was

right in punishing the Pats.

Except it didn't prove that. It simply further proved what a punk ***** sore loser Mangini is, as well as how stupid a rule it is

Last edited:

Maybe not. Who were the only others who had the tape in their possession after confiscation? Hmmmmmmmm . . . . .

Agreed. I had posted earlier that I felt Goodell wanted to show those wanting to impose stronger sanctions that the punishment fit the crime.

The NY media has been responsible for making this a huge story, and for forcing Goodell's hand regarding punishment. The story has been rather a non-issue for former coaches and other ex-NFL personnel. The exceptions to that are teams that the Patriots have beaten in the playoffs the past few years.

The issue of the Jets doing the same thing is going nowhere because the NY media have closed their eyes to the evidence, and the league really doesn't want to investigate other teams. Making the tape available (to a member of the NY media) keeps attention focused on the Patriots until the next big story comes along and forces this story out of every news cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back