PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX NFL Sunday shows "the tape"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOX claims they have tape

well its against the rules, we cant get around that. especially since goodell sent out a memo right before the season

The memo reiterated the phrase "for use during a game", did it not?

Besides, again, breaking a rule is different than cheating. If I fail to use a number two pencil on the SATs, I might be breaking a rule, but I haven't cheated.

What I think this boils down to is a power play by Goodell. He sent out a memo, Belichick thought he knew the rule better, thought he was above the Commish, Goodell wants to put him in his place and is now on some insecure power trip.

Last edited:

well its against the rules, we cant get around that. especially since goodell sent out a memo right before the season

They're treating this like the Kennedy assasination.

The memo reiterated the phrase "for use during a game", did it not?

Besides, again, breaking a rule is different than cheating. If I fail to use a number two pencil on the SATs, I might be breaking a rule, but I haven't cheated.

Excellent, point.

Maybe the NFL leaked this out to show that the punishment fit the crime. Some people were calling for harsher penalties.

And that cost a first round pick? What a joke. Thanks Goddell, you just made the Patriots look even better.

LMFAO......Three guys throwing out signals. Some advantage we have had over the years.

Has anyone even talked about what a disaster it would be the wrong play was called against the defense.

How does BB decide.....Hit the one in the middle rocky

What a joke

Goodell sent the memo out Sept 6 of 2006, last season, and never did a thing to enforce it the whole year. The notion that he sent a memo out this season was intentionally advanced by ESPN, which, in order to make the Pats actions appear more egregious, elided the actual date of the memo: 2006. They wrote: "a memo was sent out on Sept 6" intentionally misleading the public into believing that it had been received only days prior to the "violation".

Yes, and noone is arguing that anymore.

The bigger issue is that everyone imagined this tape as something sensational, and seedy, and slimy...some camera leering through a hole in the girl's locker room...something hidden and dark that revealed all the secrets of the game, as if you set a mirror up behind your opponents in poker. We can see now, if we didn't already know, that this was exactly what everyone in the stadium, and in fact everyone on the sideline, could see...the difference was only in videotaping it, rather than in writing it down with pen and paper...

Not allowed, yes; unsporting, perhaps. But there is nothing sleazy, nothing seedy, and nothing immoral about it.

The refrains of fear and horror for the children, for the lovers, and for the league's sacred honor, should now shut the hell up.

Last edited:
Wow...all this hooplah for that?!

I'm completely at a loss for words. In a day and age when players are suspended for violating team/league rules.....the confidentiality is always maintained. I hope there is a firestorm about Goodells office as to how this could have happened.

LMFAO......Three guys throwing out signals. Some advantage we have had over the years.

But think of the children!! What about the integrity!!! ;)

Nordberg said:
Has anyone even talked about what a disaster it would be the wrong play was called against the defense.

Props for this point. Nobody has even brought that up. Why? Because it makes too much sense and people are too big douche bags. The whole thing makes me want to barf.

I'm starting to believe the longer this hangs around, the better it could turn out for us. The Commisoner is going to have some explaining to do about all the leaks, and the idea that the video gave us an advantage is hilarious once you see it.

We videotaped something that everybody in the f**king stadium could see!! ************, "spy-gate"! LOL. There's decoys for a reason, folks.

I'm glad that tape was released.

Goodell sent the memo out Sept 6 of 2006, last season, and never did a thing to enforce it the whole year. The notion that he sent a memo out this season was intentionally advanced by ESPN, which, in order to make the Pats actions appear more egregious, elided the actual date of the memo: 2006. They wrote: "a memo was sent out on Sept 6" intentionally misleading the public into believing that it had been received only days prior to the "violation".

The fact that they sent the memo then didn't enforce it makes the punishment even more inappropriate. If i'm responsible for an NFL team this makes me think that if I don't tape i'm putting myself at a competetive disadvantage to the teams that do. Lack of enforcement subsequent to the memo reinforces the incentive to use a camera. And at this point you can't ask for a clarification from the league, they'll just tell you it's against the rules. Then, you can't even play the interpretation card.

We videotaped something that everybody in the f**king stadium could see!! ************, "spy-gate"! LOL. There's decoys for a reason, folks.

I'm glad that tape was released.

Me too, in more ways than one if Kraft can use this to his and our advantage.
Leave us the F alone, Goodell!!
We get it. Now call off the witch hunt.

I like how Jimmy Johnson was honest about his dumpster diving. Memo to earth: these kind of things have been going on for years. I think people in the know (former players and coaches) are appalled by two things:

01. Belichick of all people was dumb enough to get caught
02. Such a big deal is being made out of a common practice

Unfortunately for BB the more hysterical view has come from journalists that vote on HOF induction, so he could still suffer in the long run.

I hope a media firestorm follows this unethical leak. People are blaming Goodell (rightfully so, for if anything, failing to control the situation), but it's just as likely that the rat Mangina leaked it.

So what's to stop any fan from buying a ticket, taping the same thing and sending it to the coaching staff of their favorite team as a gift? This is a joke!
I'm also glad they showed it and a special GFY to Bradshaw, you holier than thou sanctimonious prick!

Right, pardon my ignorance/lack of real expertise in this area.....but why should we have to turn over any information we may have on teams, coaches and players in this league?

Is it illegal to have this information?

And if not, than surely Goodell is heading into a legal minefield here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back