PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former AFC East quarterback proves media unfair to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's old news that Revis loves the Patriots more than the team that drafted him. This Sunday, another former AFC East player stepped up to show what he can do on a different team in a different division.

The media has been obsessed with this former AFC East quarterback for years, primarily due to his struggles with his former division rival, Tom Brady, over his entire career.

He was chosen at the top of the draft a year after the Patriots represented the AFC in the Super Bowl.

He was supposed to compete with the Patriots. Instead, during his four years as a starting quarterback in the AFC East, he saw the Patriots visit the Super Bowl again.

But that was long ago. Could he prove on Sunday that the media commentary has been unfair?

After what felt like an eternal wait, we finally got a glimpse of his game of redemption. Yes, he looked shellshocked, like he was surprised he'd have to play. But he did what he could. He threw for 2 TD and 2 INT plays. One INT was of course the fault of the receiver.

When the dust settled on Sunday, he thanked the football gods.

He's no longer a quarterback in the AFC East. His new team is #1 in their division now. With Sunday's game in the books, he proved that the media attention has been grossly unfair to him.

Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez. Two quarterbacks, a decade apart, trying to knock out Tom Brady in the AFC East in their early 20's and the rest of their career.

Last edited:
I'm no Manning fan, but a Mark Sanchez look-a-like? Not even close.

I think the parallels I discovered are interesting between Manning and Sanchez. Any ideas for how to improve the article? Thanks!

With Sunday's game in the books, he proved that the media attention has been grossly unfair to him.

I don't find that to be the case, at all.

I hate Manning with every bone in my body, honestly I'm just not a fan of him, number one draft, chip on his shoulder, etc. But are you really compaing Sanchez to Manning after one game? The article is insane. Even though I can't stand Manning, hes still a great QB and im not sure you can compare him to Sanchez or visa versa after one game back.

Last edited:
I don't find that to be the case, at all.
I wanted to write an article that looks like it's about Sanchez (and his walk-on TD's) but then turns out to be about Manning. Actually, both. It's unbelievable how well their first four years in the NFL match up. Additionally, they also had a single head coach during those years, not a turn-style.

So even if you forget yesterday's game, Sanchez went to the AFC Championship twice in his first four years playing in the same division as Brady (just like Peyton). So I'd give him the props over Manning at the same age.

Are we seriously talking about Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez in the same article?

1) Peyton Manning was in the NFL before Tom Brady, so Manning wasn't put anywhere to unseat Brady.
2) Teams don't draft players to unseat Tom Brady. Teams draft players to build teams.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit crude but I just don't see the connection.

I wanted to write an article that looks like it's about Sanchez (and his walk-on TD's) but then turns out to be about Manning. Actually, both. It's unbelievable how well their first four years in the NFL match up. Additionally, they also had a single head coach during those years, not a turn-style.

So even if you forget yesterday's game, Sanchez went to the AFC Championship twice in his first four years playing in the same division as Brady (just like Peyton). So I'd give him the props over Manning at the same age.

Your premise doesn't hold, and giving Sanchez "props" over Manning is insane. Manning was a Pro Bowler by his second season

did someone slip me some acid? what did I just read?

Why is a patriots "fan" writing an article praising sanchez and comparing him to peyton manning, on a patriots fan forum?

I think the parallels I discovered are interesting between Manning and Sanchez. Any ideas for how to improve the article? Thanks!

They were both born and drafted into the NFL, and they play football, that's pretty much where the "parallels" end.

Okay, never mind then. I spent over an hour writing that up. I thought it would be a fun way to poke at Manning.

When younger, both were drafted top of the draft, one year after the Patriots went to the Super Bowl, and to compete in the AFC East, so of course to beat the Pats. Except, they both saw the Patriots go there again.

And yesterday, both helped lead their teams to #1 in their division. Both looked confused like they didn't expect to play. Both threw for 2 TD and 2 INT. Both proved the media attention they got was unfair (Peyton proved he was overhyped, Sanchez proved he's better than any three of Jets quarterbacks).

I thought it would be fun. :) Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes