PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the 2016 Pats to be in/win SB 51 the D has to improve ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense has been hot and cold this season, but the average level of play has certainly been good enough to win against anybody.

They guy who wasn't anything special in the postseason and was outplayed by Butler in the SB? Yes, I remember him.
Bingo. I was going to say Butler may be playing better than Revis right now.

But lets just worry and complain that we dont get enough sacks and dont pass the eye test and that the Vikings are going to kill us in the SB.

SMH

Your point was entirely irrelevant. What do their SB appearances from 40 years ago have to do with anything?

I said "Vikes in superbowl" and you said "Good one" That was obviously sarcasm so it came off as you saying The vikings would not make itn or that its some sort of absurd hypothetical situation

You have to be kidding me. He gave up some plays but he still covered well.

I didn't say he didn't play well, but he wasn't anything special. He wasn't any better than Butler was last year in the postseason. And Butler outplayed him in the SB.

Shuts down Steve smith and only gets scored on in the superbowl because he got picked by the ref

Smith burned him badly in the first half. Baldwin was also getting open him quite a bit, but Wilson wasnt finding him for some reason.

Here's a question for you. You think they get to the superbowl and win without revis? I don't
Do you think you can win the SB and have the 2nd best D in the league now without having a "pass rush?"

Here's a question for you. You think they get to the superbowl and win without revis? I don't

Not sure. I know that we don't win it without Butler though. That's indisputable.

Smith burned him badly in the first half. Baldwin was also getting open him quite a bit, but Wilson wasnt finding him for some reason.

He got shutdown for 3 quarters. Smith beat him for a TD, not exactly something to be ashamed about. Revis let us do things defensively other teams couldnt. Patriots probably do not win that year without him

Do you think you can win the SB and have the 2nd best D in the league now without having a "pass rush?"

Lol. You really think we have the 2nd best d in the league?

Not sure. I know that we don't win it without Butler though. That's indisputable.

Well we needed a break for once after the last two damn superbowls. That would have been too much.

We do not have the second best D in the league. come on

Patsfan in Philly said 2nd best in a post above. I just checked and we are 3rd best.

************ they just held one of the more skilled offensive clubs in the league to 17 points (forget their early season stats).

Goal line stand in the first half?

Safety in the second?

The pass rush isn't as potent as last year, but for chrissakes this D can win. They're only going to get better as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents