PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: League destroyed their PSI measurements

Troy Vincent was also the source for the false 11 of 12 tweet from Mort.

And Kraft let this happen to his team and his QB. :mad:

Florio has usually been a jackass about most everything BUT for whatever reason he was the only major national sports media member to defend Brady during deflategate. No idea why, he’s crapped on Brady and the Pats for other stuff. But not that. Maybe to be the contrarian? Idk. But I remember it very well, he was the only guy.

Florio has usually been a jackass about most everything BUT for whatever reason he was the only major national sports media member to defend Brady during deflategate. No idea why, he’s crapped on Brady and the Pats for other stuff. But not that. Maybe to be the contrarian? Idk. But I remember it very well, he was the only guy.
Because he wasn't tied to a major network who had millions/billions of dollars tied up in NFL tv contracts at the time. He was a small offshoot blog that nbc barely noticed.

Florio has always been all about getting clicks and comments and that’s it. I think this case genuinely piqued his interest being a lawyer himself.

Did Brady address Deflategate during Man in the Arena?

It was bullish.t from the start, that’s why Mike Kensil has been in charge of getting the NFL into Uzbekistan ever since he made the charges. Goodell said they got rid of the data at a SB press conference the following year. If Roger Goodell had ever ridden in anything other that a limo with a driver he would have known about the loss in air pressure in cold weather.

Florio has usually been a jackass about most everything BUT for whatever reason he was the only major national sports media member to defend Brady during deflategate. No idea why, he’s crapped on Brady and the Pats for other stuff. But not that.
1) Florio was an engineering major at Carnegie Mellon, before going to law school. He can comprehend the IGL.
2) The day after deflategate broke, I wrote a simple explanation of the effect of temp on a football and sent an email to a dozen sportswriters.
3) Precisely TWO of the writers responded, Mike Florio and Peter King. I had a brief phone call with Peter and exchanged a couple of emails with Florio.
4) King then mentioned me in his column, but he eventually clung to the "something might have happened" position.
5) Florio immediately started recognizing the craziness. I am not sure that my explanation, email, or phone call had anything to do with it, or simply that Florio is scientifically literate and he realized the lies that were going on.

Last edited:
Sally Jenkins from the Washington Post was Brady's biggest and most staunch defender. She was ripping Goddell and the NFL seemingly once every week during the entire saga.

In the midst of all the craziness and all the accusations, her columns were the only voice of sanity.

clowndetail_9ed5bf0a-78f1-4a26-9e68-1d82ae869743.jpg

Tracking measurements of the psi of footballs is irrelevant. The change of pressure in relation to temperature is 100% perfectly predictable. It is such basic science. We did not need the NFL’s research, we just needed the media to be honest and address Mr. Goodell with the tiniest bit of honesty, which never happened. Smart people acted stupid out of fear because the NFL is so powerful. It was pathetic.

I wrote a scathing letter to Mr. Kraft. No response. It’s honestly the 3rd and only physical letter I had written and mailed to anyone using postage stamps. The other 2 were to a girl I was in love with in Mt. Airy NC. I also sent a follow-up email, in case the letter never made it. :rofl: I sure showed him!

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back