PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

Not surprising. The Patriots have the best quarterback.

More importantly, they're a more balanced team, with more depth.

Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

Why would I bother? I don't put any stock in them, even if they favor my guy.

So you're going to judge who is better solely based on cherry picked stats?

1.) How about Brady's reliance on Moss in '07?

You mean sort of like Harrison and Wayne were giving Manning for years? Yeah, what about it?

How about the additional wins and SBs the Patriots have gotten (and that are "credited" to Brady) because the Patriots didn't spend big money on offense? Why don't we discount all those additional wins and SBs because the Patriots have a better front office.

Maybe Manning shouldn't have been the highest paid player in the NFL many/most years in his career - if he cared about winning and not making commercials....

2.) How about we make a mountain of a mole hill?

In a close battle, the .7% or 1.58% or whatever the no Dome adjustment Brady would earn is quite important, as you well know.

3.) Not a factor. Who cares about his salary? Do you know what Montana and Marino's relative salaries were? Me neither.

Rubbish. In a league with a strict salary cap it is of immense importance. Montana and Marino were retired or well past their prime when the league went to a strict cap. Nice to know you are so well informed... hhahhahhaa.

4.) How about read above. Manning has a better rating minus his rookie season.

You have made a business out of not reading my prior posts, I fail to see why I owe someone from another board the same courtesy. You start to behave first, and then we'll see.

Brady is better in those categories. Eventhough Manning has played with 23 pro-bowlers at wr, te, and rb to Brady's 5, Brady still has the better career passer rating and career adjusted yards/pass attempt.

You didn't watch 2010. Manning played poorly, to say the least

Right. 'poorly'. You're not biased at all. :rolleyes:

In reverse order:

4) Let's drop Brady's worst season, too.

3) Agreed.

2) The fact that you can't comprehend the difference is all I really need to know.

1) "Reliance on Moss?" He threw more TDs to non-Mosses than 23 other QBs threw in total.

4.) Fine, go ahead.

2.) It's a minor factor

1.) Uhhh, OK.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why we should be looking at a Whitlock ranking. This is a guy who's known to be anti-Patriots, including calling players 'slurred' names. This is also a guy who was still pimping Jeff George as an NFL QB last year:

Still idolizing George after all these years - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Seriously, quit digging before you get to planet's core.

Last edited:

Compared to 2004-2006 what would you call it? Good? I'm sure you would. It's further evidence of Manning's decline is what it is - deal with it. Indy fans will have to.

So you're going to judge who is better solely based on cherry picked stats?

Right. Win %, QB rating (in every split), TD/INT ratio, playoff record, etc...with inferior talent and playing outdoors...all cherry-picked.

My bad.

With Dallas Clark in 2010 Manning had 13 tds and 3 ints. Without him he had 20 tds and 15 ints. He played poorly to say the least.

You mean sort of like Harrison and Wayne were giving Manning for years? Yeah, what about it?

Yeah, which is why Manning has more statistically superior years.

Maybe Manning shouldn't have been the highest paid player in the NFL many/most years in his career - if he cared about winning and not making commercials....

Haven't the Colts won double digit games for like 10 straight years?

In a close battle, the .7% or 1.58% or whatever the no Dome adjustment Brady would earn is quite important, as you well know.

It's not a compelling difference.

Rubbish. In a league with a strict salary cap it is of immense importance. Montana and Marino were retired or well past their prime when the league went to a strict cap. Nice to know you are so well informed... hhahhahhaa.

Isn't Brady the highest paid player in league? Did he stop 'caring about winning'?

IThe point with Montana/Marino is that no one (except Pats fans obsessed with 'proving' Brady is 'better') will remember what these guys were making. They've both been among the top few highest paid players in the league.

You have made a business out of not reading my prior posts, I fail to see why I owe someone from another board the same courtesy. You start to behave first, and then we'll see.

I've read your posts and I'm not 'from another board' I've been posting here for 10 years.

Last edited:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why we should be looking at a Whitlock ranking. This is a guy who's known to be anti-Patriots, including calling players 'slurred' names. This is also a guy who was still pimping Jeff George as an NFL QB last year:

Still idolizing George after all these years - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Seriously, quit digging before you get to planet's core.

I posted the first few that came up on google.

2.) It's a minor factor

Yes, totally minor. That's why Manning's rating drops 8 points outdoors (and most of those are still in good weather, e.g. Jax, Tenn), and Brady's goes up 9 points...on the road.

Compared to 2004-2006 what would you call it? Good? I'm sure you would. It's further evidence of Manning's decline is what it is - deal with it. Indy fans will have to.

I'd call it a top 5 QB in the NFL performance. Subpar for Manning but far, far from 'poor'.

#2 in yards
#2 in TDs
#2 in completion %

Right. Win %, QB rating (in every split), TD/INT ratio, playoff record, etc...with inferior talent and playing outdoors...all cherry-picked.

My bad.

Yes, if you massage the stats appropriately, Brady will come out ahead in all of those areas.

Yes, totally minor. That's why Manning's rating drops 8 points outdoors (and most of those are still in good weather, e.g. Jax, Tenn), and Brady's goes up 9 points...on the road.

Or, Manning's rating goes up 8 points when he plays at home and Brady's goes down 9 points when he plays at home.

Same statement from a different perspective.

Last edited:

Yeah, which is why Manning has more statistically superior years.

So, you admit, Manning has better stats in many years over Brady due to skill position players? So despite Brady playing 2001-2006 with inferior skill position players, and the weather - Brady in a mere 3 years has been able to outstrip Manning QB Rating over all (never mind playoff results). So that tells us with elite players despite the weather Brady is better. Given how poorly Manning looked in '01 and '10 without his binkies it's pretty clear Manning cannot match Brady in making do with lesser talent. Cool, thanks for coming clearn.

Haven't the Colts won double digit games for like 10 straight years?

So then, your prior claims that the Patriots are better then the Colts is false?

It's not a compelling difference.

Naturally, and you speak of objectivity....

Isn't Brady the highest paid player in league? Did he stop 'caring about winning'?

By all means compare from 2001-2010, Manning was paid a good deal more.

The point with Montana/Marino is that no one (except Pats fans obsessed with 'proving' Brady is 'better') will remember what these guys were making. They've both been among the top few highest paid players in the league.

I know what your point was, but it was more fun making light of your blown point. And my point is more on point then yours. What those two guys or Hadl or Namath or anyone else got paid doesn't matter because it didn't matter, but it does now. In particular in explaining Mannings relative failures in the playoffs.

I've read your posts and I'm not 'from another board' I've been posting here for 10 years.

Oh pardon me, a locally grown pest, how charming. Did you vote for Gus Hall for President when he was running just to be difficult?

Yes, if you massage the stats appropriately, Brady will come out ahead in all of those areas.

What massaging? His QB rating is better in every conceivable split. My word.

Or, Manning's rating goes up 8 points when he plays at home and Brady's goes down 9 points when he plays at home.

Same statement from a different perspective.

In either case, you've acknowledged that conditions make a huge difference in QB rating, which means you'd have to be pretty far out there to not adjust for them when comparing career QB rating. Or to call it a 'minor point'

Last edited:

I posted the first few that came up on google.

Kind of my point. You didn't bother checking out what you were posting.

That sort of sloppiness is why you're looking like a clown in this thread.

Yeah, because that typically happens.

It's also fallacious, because Brady doesn't play all of his road games in a dome. I bet his home outdoor rating is better than his road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick