PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he hasn't. I know he mostly played with his hands down at Bama but do you know if he has the versatility to stand up as a 4-3 backer, manx?

SLB only I would think.

LaFell to PUP pretty much confirmed through LaFell's twitter

Looks like Dobson will have to step up. This is his 3rd year in the system and would be a better fit rather than a potentially new guy the Pats sign or trade for

Damn. He had bulked up to 290+.

Alan Branch better get serious and perform. At $2.15 million I'll be pissed if he doesn't.
Think he was just going through the motions during the games. Why bust your butt so hard in a preseason game when your a vet like him? Coach knows what he has from daily camp performance and tape last year.

While I agree BB prefers versatility, this may be one position (and maybe the T spot) where I do not think he is as strict. If you can run tough and grind out yards, then I think you have a place at RB on BB's team. Corey Dillon was not particularly a pass catching RB (though he was not shabby either). Antwain Smith, if memory serves, was not used in this role much either. They were more battering ram types that could get four-six yards at a time. Same, to a lesser extent, for Sammy Morris. That's what makes Gray slightly a surprise because he showed the ability to do that...

Starters don't need to play STs. Gray is aa 3rd or 4th RB, so he needs to contribute on ST like Sammy Morris did. They like Blount better and probably have a game plan to spread Pittsburgh out, so Gray wasn't needed as much.

Could the Pats start the season with 6 safeties and 4 corners?

I understand that, thank you.

He's only going to be here this year anyway. So they're that tight to the cap that they need to save a single game check? I don't buy it.

Miguel said they were $800 K OVER so they had to cut somebody or several somebodies to get under the CAP.

Starters don't need to play STs. Gray is aa 3rd or 4th RB, so he needs to contribute on ST like Sammy Morris did. They like Blount better and probably have a game plan to spread Pittsburgh out, so Gray wasn't needed as much.
Rodney Harrison says hi

LaFell to PUP pretty much confirmed through LaFell's twitter

Looks like Dobson will have to step up. This is his 3rd year in the system and would be a better fit rather than a potentially new guy the Pats sign or trade for

He's ready. I'm looking forward to seeing him, Edelman, and Gronk catching passes from Tom. They cover different ground and will be able to mix it up nicely.

bill-cosby-annoyed-shaking-head-smh-gif.gif

**** is that Bill Cosby too?

OK, let's look at your post point by point:

1) Gray passed his conditioning test, Branch didn't. You put no value in that, but for all the hand wringing about Gray being a 'bad attitude' because he was a few minutes late to one meeting - - well, signing a multi-year contract and not using the 5 months off to arrive in MINIMUM standard shape is a FAR bigger sign of attitude.

2) DWI "worse things he can do" (like being late to one meeting?) - - see point 1 above (oh and btw, it is NOT insignificant when the next one means automatic games suspension).

3) 'He has a modest deal' - - not as cap friendly as Gray's - - nowhere close.

4) 'Great insurance if Seal or Easy-E get hurt and Brown or Chris Jones struggle this year' - - so he is insurance for 4 guys ahead of him. Gray is insurance for 1 guy.

Agreed, biggest head scratcher of the day for me is Branch sticking. I thought cutting him and saving a couple million against the cap was a no-brainer, but clearly Belichick disagreed.

Can someone explain the various levels of IR and PUP?

Since LaFell never practiced he is eligible for PUP and can come back after week 6.

IR with designation to return (also called "Short term IR") is where a player hurt during the pre-season can return after week 8 of the regular season.

I have no idea how he's surviving cuts. I've watched him all 4 pre-season games, and the best praise one can give him is that he hasn't botched any snaps. Otherwise, he provides Negative push in the running game, and cannot sustain blocks for any length of time at all in the passing game. He's small, short, weak and unathletic. There were several UDFA Centers available to be signed post-draft, and Bill basically chose another Ryan Wendy, who has taken almost 7 damn years to contribute anything whatsoever. Bill simply fecks-up in the personnel department way, way more than he should, especially when considering all the resources at his disposal.

Four for Six in fifteen years says you are WRONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes