PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ex Patriot Chris Long throws fuel on the fire.

I am not buying the reports of what he said. Sounds like bs

The report seems like a hit job. I mean the way the rumor is being reported is to make Antonio Pierce look like a great guy who stood up for McDaniels when the team was attacking McDaniels and McDaniels repaid him by attacking him about saying something negative about the Patriots. Definitely looked like whoever leaked this was trying to build up Pierce while making McDaniels look bad.

It’s so funny Josh was in a Raiders locker room, in Raiders gear, talking to Raiders players, and said, “Don’t ever talk about the Patriots like that.”

Lol

Since Glazer's report it's been clarified that Josh walked over to Pierce to say that after the meeting. It wasn't in front of the team, although no telling who might have overheard it.

I am not buying the reports of what he said. Sounds like bs
It does sound hard to believe. Josh never struck me as the most mature of coaches though; don't know why. I guess going back on your word with Colts is in line with that.

He also seems a bit of a control freak from both HC stints. No need to blow up everything wherever you go.

Who care about McDaniels? He’s an idiot for doing what he did and is obviously not Head Coach Material. St Louis, Denver and now the Raiders should be proof enough, especially regarding the short stints that he should never come back as a head coach here.

If anything people should realize, there are no great head coaches without great Qb’s. It’s pretty simple.

JM gave much of his career to being a Patriot. Meanwhile, Long was a mercenary who joined the Pats for a season to snag a ring.
I love mercenaries. Especially when they help win us a ring.

Did we offer him a better contract than the Eagles for that help?

w
Who care about McDaniels? He’s an idiot for doing what he did and is obviously not Head Coach Material. St Louis, Denver and now the Raiders should be proof enough, especially regarding the short stints that he should never come back as a head coach here.

If anything people should realize, there are no great head coaches without great Qb’s. It’s pretty simple.
Mcdaniels never lost to Belichick.

Since Glazer's report it's been clarified that Josh walked over to Pierce to say that after the meeting. It wasn't in front of the team, although no telling who might have overheard it.
That makes a lot more sense.

I‘ve been wondering if Josh really said something like “man don’t ever mention that game again” and Chris made it fit his anti-Patriot agenda.

I think we should love them with all the love they gave us.

That makes a lot more sense.

I‘ve been wondering if Josh really said something like “man don’t ever mention that game again” and Chris made it fit his anti-Patriot agenda.
It would be sad if it was that. Talk about blowing things way of out proportion if it was along those lines in a joking manner.

It won’t help. He’s not getting another gig.

Sure. I think you sidestepped the point, though.

I’ll always love Mcdaniels.
Gave us historic offenses and Edelman and Brady always talked glowingly about him.
In the same sense Adam Gase “gave” the Broncos that 2013 offense, sure.
McDaniels was the offensive coordinator in 2006, but I think he was calling the plays in 2005. They didn't have that great of an offense. A motivated Randy Moss coming to NE (who only wanted to play with Tom Brady) and Wes Welker dominating the slot is what made their offense great. McDaniels wasn't some wizard who was the mastermind behind that. If hat were the case, why couldn't he do it with the Broncos, Rams with Mac Jones and Raiders?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back