PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Staffers Threatened Over Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 'Gates' are getting confusing. Now there is ThreatGate? Someone really ought to keep a Gate spreadsheet.

Whoa, Breaking news from ESPN regarding ThreatGate. ESPN just now published one of the threatening emails and have verified it came from Bill Belichick. Here is the text of the email:

"To the fair, honest, great people of ESPN,
Mort was absolutely correct about the PSI. Your recent OTL story was completely accurate and showed excellent journalistic integrity. Yes we did tape the Rams SB practices. And Disneyworld is the happiest place on earth.
I will find all of you and kill you for this!

Signed,
Bill Belichick"

How courageous of our intrepid reporters to literally risk their lives to reveal this unsubstantiated and unverifiable litany of embellished anecdotes, slanted half-truths, outright innuendo and bald-faced lies about events that purportedly happened over a decade ago. Journalism at its absolute finest, in the best tradition of ESPN.

Anonymous accusations of Patriot misdeeds now met with anonymous threats of wedgies, wet-willies and whoopie cushions over The Big Bad Internet. Do I sense a Disney movie version in the offing, a tribute to journalistic excellence in the face of dark threats of web-based electronic mayhem?

Wherever there is controversy...initiated by an opinion piece of internet journalism...insults, threats, and acrimony will ensue as a by-product of human nature. That's just the nature of the beast (a beast that our society has created). It's like throwing a molotov ****tail into an unruly crowd and then not expecting any response.

ESPN reporter meets up with a Patriot's fan

giphy.gif

These ESPN announcers pontificate 24/7 and only take phone calls that are double or triple screened.

The story I'm sure is an exaggeration but I have sympathy with the frustrated and dis-empowered callers who resort to other means to make their point.

All I know is if some crazy MoFo does stab an ESPN employee, I hope beforehand they remember to say: "Belichick sends his regards."

All I know is if some crazy MoFo does stab an ESPN employee, I hope beforehand they remember to say: "Belichick sends his regards."

True or not that will be the story ESPN goes with.

True or not that will be the story ESPN goes with.

I'm guessing that ESPN will report that Belichick himself did the stabbing

I find it fascinating that CEO Bob Iger of Disney skates on this. Iger needs ESPN to maintain high ratings to earn for Disney while the parent company navigates the treacherous waters that are how people watch entertainment which is rapidly changing. Espn takes the hit ... what if IGER is pulling the strings and skates?

Add to that this:

Some other things that make you go hmmm:

Iger on Bill Simmons: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/tech/2014/10/disney-ceo-bob-iger-bill-simmons-insubordination

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/11/di...er-bill-simmons-calling-roger-goodell-a-liar/

Iger next NFL Commissioner ?:
http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/16/news/companies/goodell-successor/

Goodell confidant Bob Iger: http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories...siness-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

ESPN becoming a drag on Disney:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13199865/1/why-cash-cow-espn-is-becoming-a-drag-on-disney.html

Iger's Lap Dog John Skipper:
http://billmoyers.com/2013/09/16/pro-footballs-unsportsmanlike-conduct/

Roger Goodell - Bob Kraft - Bob Iger
Things that make you go hmmm... Cozy with the next commish???

The man who can call on or call off the lap dogs at ESPN ... Bob Iger CEO Disney.
Also ... maybe some owners not happy about the cozy relationships Bob has.
2A62268400000578-3155453-image-a-5_1436478416308.jpg

Football is often compared to chess and victory only comes from taking down the king. It would be nice if Iger could experience even 1/100 of the wrath that he has unleashed upon Brady and have his integrity questioned and his good name smeared.

Although I don't condone threats of violence, I do take comfort in the fact that they're experiencing backlash for their unethical propaganda campaign.

When I read the headline of this thread, I thought it meant they were threatened by ESPN higher ups if they told the truth or anything Patriots- positive related to Deflategate........

That is probably closed to the truth than an email telling them that they are schmucks....

When I read the headline of this thread, I thought it meant they were threatened by ESPN higher ups if they told the truth or anything Patriots- positive related to Deflategate........

That is probably closed to the truth than an email telling them that they are schmucks....

That's exactly what I thought. I wonder who at ESPN came up with the idea of blaming 11 out of 12 Patriot fans?

Should probably put that place up for sale asap Bspn. We don't want you here. You should probably move shop into the Ny office so your chief editor Roger Goodell can oversee and approve everything you write.

Threatened lol. Sorry to take offense to all your lies and downright malicious reporting. GTFO already. You suck.

On the topic of a person and their family receiving unwanted attention and harassment, has ESPN ever looked into whoever fed Kelly Naqi the false story about McNally stealing a K ball during the AFCCG? I'm sure they feel terrible about releasing his name and address and are working hard to figure out how they were misled.

On the topic of a person and their family receiving unwanted attention and harassment, has ESPN ever looked into whoever fed Kelly Naqi the false story about McNally stealing a K ball during the AFCCG? I'm sure they feel terrible about releasing his name and address and are working hard to figure out how they were misled.

That's "just football," as was Tom Brady having to go to federal court to defend himself, his reputation, and his bank account from being a couple million lighter.

In my world the actions of ESPN, King and his cronies, and the NFL are actually " just defamation," not "just football."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST