PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suh to Dolphins a done deal?

RedSleevesPinkStripes

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...kong-suh-to-dolphins-is-‘done-deal/ar-BBifkEz

Ndamukong Suh is the biggest free agent on the market and there has been a ton of speculation about where he will sign. From the sounds of things, Suh may end up in Miami.

Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel said on Twitter Wednesday that teams believe Suh to the Dolphins is a “done" deal.

"Word on the street regarding Suh is that when Steve Ross is involved you better be prepared to big high. Teams think Suh to Miami is done," Kelly wrote.

Kelly also published a column saying the Dolphins are expected to make an “all-out” effort to sign the four-time All-Pro defensive tackle. He says the team’s offer to Suh is expected to be for greater than $100 million, with over half of it guaranteed. Additionally, it should be noted that despite their lack of success in recent years, the Dolphins have landed top free agents the past two offseasons in Mike Wallace and Branden Albert.

Yahoo’s Rand Getlin echoed Kelly’s report by saying that the Dolphins and Colts are expected to make huge pushes for Suh. Getlin reports that the Dolphins have the edge, saying “a source close to Suh’s camp indicated Suh had a slight preference for Miami.”

One selling point for the Dolphins is that the state of Florida does not have an income tax, which allows players to take home more of the money for which they sign.

The Lions still have until Feb. 10 to try re-signing Suh before he becomes a free agent. They have been adamant that they will make a strong effort to retain him. Still, based on this video, we don’t believe Suh will return to the Lions.

Teams can begin negotiating with potential free agents on Saturday.

They get rid of one nutjob player, Incognito, and pick up another one.... this will make them better, but no where equal to the Patriots..

Lot of money for an interior defensive lineman...

Assuming it's true, this is not good news. I usually laugh at teams breaking the bank on one player (franchise QB's excluded), but Suh is a dynamic defender, and I don't like the thought of Brady being subjected to his cheap shots twice a year.

Assuming it's true, this is not good news. I usually laugh at teams breaking the bank on one player (franchise QB's excluded), but Suh is a dynamic defender, and I don't like the thought of Brady being subjected to his cheap shots twice a year.
My thoughts exactly.

I never like when an elite player goes to one of our competitors. Suh is a beast. And not afraid to take cheap shots at a guy, either. Not happy Brady has to face him 2x, as Sicilian said above.

Well that's fantastic. Now we possibly need to worry about Suh taking filthy shots on Brady two games a year.

taxes are a lot more cheaper in FL then they are in CA or almost anywere on the east coast, he will get paid were ever he goes but he will get to keep a lot more of it if he signs with the fish

Dont get me wrong, I dont look forward to having to play Suh at all, but what a total mess the Dolphins are. They go from having Solial Starks and Odrick to losing solial for nothing, and walking away from Odrick and cutting Starks to make Suh fit, if it gets to that point.

As good as one player is, this seems like a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Suh is a heck of a player, but depth rules supreme in this league, and always will. Granted, had they not totally whiffed on Dion Jordan, they could afford to take this swing, but really they are expecting a ton from 3 guys in their front 7 to cover over a lot of other holes.

If I were him, Oakland would seem like a fantastic fit, with younger and cheaper players all around to grow with. I see the Dolphins as a tweener team taking a huge shot without really filling their major holes.

Awesome. All this does is kick start the bidding process and up the ante for the teams that want to give him over a hundred million. I doubt the Raiders, Lions, and other teams that really want him are simply going to fold tent and give up, more likely they will leak similar stories to they beat writers and wratchet up the final cost for whomever gets him. Fine with me, I hope they spend the big bucks.

Dont get me wrong, I dont look forward to having to play Suh at all, but what a total mess the Dolphins are. They go from having Solial Starks and Odrick to losing solial for nothing, and walking away from Odrick and cutting Starks to make Suh fit, if it gets to that point.

As good as one player is, this seems like a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Suh is a heck of a player, but depth rules supreme in this league, and always will. Granted, had they not totally whiffed on Dion Jordan, they could afford to take this swing, but really they are expecting a ton from 3 guys in their front 7 to cover over a lot of other holes.

If I were him, Oakland would seem like a fantastic fit, with younger and cheaper players all around to grow with. I see the Dolphins as a tweener team taking a huge shot without really filling their major holes.

Yeah, I mean Suh by himself from strictly a football perspective doesn't really bother me. He's a great player, but we handled him pretty well when we played Detroit last year, so it doesn't suddenly spell doom for us. I'm more worried about his dirty reputation, and as high as my hopes for for Jimmy G, I'd rather not see him quite yet.

Where are tge dolphins getting all this cap space?

If they are signing Suh, that means they are going to let Odrick walk. He might be a good Vince replacement. But he is probably too expensive for the Pats' blood. And he isn't a big run stuffer either although he seems to fit better to what the Pats are moving to.

I never like when an elite player goes to one of our competitors. Suh is a beast. And not afraid to take cheap shots at a guy, either. Not happy Brady has to face him 2x, as Sicilian said above.
I love when our competitors overpay. It weakens their team.

How can they have the cap space after the ludicrous deal they signed Wallace to?

are they going to release starks?? would take him on the cheap.

How can they have the cap space after the ludicrous deal they signed Wallace to?

How could the Patriots fit Brady and Revis at their numbers last year under the cap? Two players don't break your cap. You do have to make concessions elsewhere though.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back