PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Maybe if you change your name to 'feel MY pain', we'd all feel sorry for you and roll over and concede the division, and apparently, the superbowl, in 'minicamp'!

Or Not!

Whats funny is every summer, fans from a perceived good team in the AFC come to Pats boards and talk trash. The last few years if was the Jets fans whose words were exactly like the Miami fans this year. Next summer, it'll be someone else, but they all end up disappearing by midseason when they realize the 'new' boss is the same as the 'old' boss. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
out of curiosity (since we haven't talked about Culpepper enough)- what are you (fins) paying him this year and next?? I agree Brees shoulder is a concern. Not sure Pennington had a gun to begin with though. But Culpeppers X factor was his scrabling abilty so the ligament damage won't help. I had a torn ACL - no fun. Seriously, what is Dante making $$ ?

I remember, back when I was a Culpepper fan, he finished the year on the bench once before because of another reasonably serious knee injury, 2001 maybe? Todd Bowman came in and did a good job against Tampa Bay, maybe? Long time ago, before Culpepper disappointed me once too many times with his butterfingers.

SunnyDenmark said:
out of curiosity (since we haven't talked about Culpepper enough)- what are you (fins) paying him this year and next?? I agree Brees shoulder is a concern. Not sure Pennington had a gun to begin with though. But Culpeppers X factor was his scrabling abilty so the ligament damage won't help. I had a torn ACL - no fun. Seriously, what is Dante making $$ ?

Quarterbacks
Daunte Culpepper
Player Salary: $1,000,000
Salary (Cap) Amoritized: $1,000,000
Bonuses Other: $1,400,000
Bonuses: $0
LTBE: $0
NLTBE: $0
Cap Hit Estimated:$2,400,000
Cap Savings 2006: $4,910,000
Dead Cap: $7,000,000
Signed Thru: 2013

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Whats funny is every summer, fans from a perceived good team in the AFC come to Pats boards and talk trash. The last few years if was the Jets fans whose words were exactly like the Miami fans this year. Next summer, it'll be someone else, but they all end up disappearing by midseason when they realize the 'new' boss is the same as the 'old' boss. :)

And I'm sure you've had your kicks and laughs with it over the years but next summer you will be coming over to Finheaven and telling us how you're going to challenge us for the division. I hope you boys have enjoyed it, but it's over. ;)

Ahhhh! But that's the thing! We don't go to other team's websites like little trolls and try to convince people of something when it's a hopeless effort. We have better things to do than go to someone else's website and spin our wheels.:bricks:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Ahhhh! But that's the thing! We don't go to other team's websites like little trolls and try to convince people of something when it's a hopeless effort. We have better things to do than go to someone else's website and spin our wheels.:bricks:

That's part of being a fan. It's not trolling if you have information and know your facts. I just like getting a feel for how you boys up north are feeling about the upcomming season.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Quarterbacks
Daunte Culpepper
Player Salary: $1,000,000
Salary (Cap) Amoritized: $1,000,000
Bonuses Other: $1,400,000
Bonuses: $0
LTBE: $0
NLTBE: $0
Cap Hit Estimated:$2,400,000
Cap Savings 2006: $4,910,000
Dead Cap: $7,000,000
Signed Thru: 2013
thanks for the info - sounds like reasonable cap numbers. Still it was worth getting Harrington as a backup in case he [Daunte for president] has a setback. Ligaments take a while to heal - much longer than muscles. And you better have a better offensive line this year to protect him or else he will need that knee and scrambling ability at 100%

We have universally acknowledged that the Fins will be better next year. That doesn't seem to be nearly enough for some of you, not even close to enough.

I seriously can't believe that you 'informed fans' have watched Culpepper very carefully thru his career, or you might be wondering some of the things we are about your new QB. Like can he play against top defenses, can he win in playoff games, can he not fumble the game away when it counts.

Any stat of his that doesn't include fumbles is an incomplete picture.

SunnyDenmark said:
thanks for the info - sounds like reasonable cap numbers. Still it was worth getting Harrington as a backup in case he [Daunte for president] has a setback. Ligaments take a while to heal - much longer than muscles. And you better have a better offensive line this year to protect him or else he will need that knee and scrambling ability at 100%

No problem. Yeah I expected his knee to take about 12 months to heal but he has really progressed much faster than most people do. It will have taken him 9 months come training camp and that's when Daunte will be going at full speed. All reports say Daunte is going to be ready for TC so it should be a great year!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That's part of being a fan. It's not trolling if you have information and know your facts. I just like getting a feel for how you boys up north are feeling about the upcomming season.
And I am interested in hearing about your team (for inside info) as I am not about to read any MIA newspapers. I know I feel REALLY good about the Pats this year. I don't know much about all the other 31 teams, but I read about the Pats from any source possible every day. Since BB took over, we have gotten progressively younger and out of cap jail. Our 'D' has carried the team and Brady has mostly carried the O on his back practically every year except Dillons first year with us. I may only be speaking for me, but I think we Pats fans are 'giddy' about the idea of finally having some explosive weapons to match Brady's talent (Ben Watson, Chad Johnson, Maroney). It will probably take the rookies a year to develop and get with the program - but to see an occasional long run from scrimmage for a touchdown would be fantastic! Too many years of seeing a (Pats) mediocre running game and the D carrying the team. Our offense has put it all together when the game is on the line - but there have been too many nailbitters. It would be fun to just blow some teams out and I think in a year or two - we could start doing that. And it sounds that you fins fans are also giddy about having a good QB for a change. What did you think of Fiedler?? He didn't put up fantasy (Culpepper) numbers, but I though he was at least a 'winner' ie. not Harrington.

SunnyDenmark said:
And I am interested in hearing about your team (for inside info) as I am not about to read any MIA newspapers. I know I feel REALLY good about the Pats this year. I don't know much about all the other 31 teams, but I read about the Pats from any source possible every day. Since BB took over, we have gotten progressively younger and out of cap jail. Our 'D' has carried the team and Brady has mostly carried the O on his back practically every year except Dillons first year with us. I may only be speaking for me, but I think we Pats fans are 'giddy' about the idea of finally having some explosive weapons to match Brady's talent (Ben Watson, Chad Johnson, Maroney). It will probably take the rookies a year to develop and get with the program - but to see an occasional long run from scrimmage for a touchdown would be fantastic! Too many years of seeing a (Pats) mediocre running game and the D carrying the team. Our offense has put it all together when the game is on the line - but there have been too many nailbitters. It would be fun to just blow some teams out and I think in a year or two - we could start doing that. And it sounds that you fins fans are also giddy about having a good QB for a change. What did you think of Fiedler?? He didn't put up fantasy (Culpepper) numbers, but I though he was at least a 'winner' ie. not Harrington.

Good post, I agree with much of what you're saying. But I tend to look at the losses you guys sufferd more than the gains. McGinnest, Givens and Vinatieri were all big parts of your team.

As for the information point, I too read anything I find on the Dolphins. I usually keep up with the rest of the NFL too, but this site helps me keep up in the AFC east.

And you are completely right about the excitement over Culpepper. I mean come on, Fiedler, Lucas, Feely, Freortte and Rosenfels? I mean go from those guys to Culpepper and of course were going to be excited.

As for Fiedler, yeah he got wins but that was because he depended on one of the best defenses in the league at the time. I mean look at last year's Bears. Orton was horrible but still won games. Fiedler could never make the big time throws and never had the verticle passing game to match Chambers' ability. Fiedler was a backup QB at best.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Good post, I agree with much of what you're saying. But I tend to look at the losses you guys sufferd more than the gains. McGinnest, Givens and Vinatieri were all big parts of your team.

This really seems to be the general opinion of people outside the organization. I've never really understood it, though. Givens was a good receiver, but we picked up at least two more to replace him (and saved a lot of money in the process).

McGinnest was one of my favourite players and will be missed for sure, but he was one single part of a well-oiled machine that was and is our front 7. I can't objectively see it fading because of one (with a few lesser ones as well) player gone.

Vinatieri is a great kicker, but I frankly won't miss him. He showed what kind of person he is with the deal he made, and if you as a team need to rely on a kicker that heavily, you need to be improving in many other offensive areas. I see a great kicker as a last resort and little else.

It's impossible to get away from the fact that regardless of how Culpepper performs, you guys got a steal on that one. You can certainly feel glad about that, it was a very good offseason move.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Good post, I agree with much of what you're saying. But I tend to look at the losses you guys sufferd more than the gains. McGinnest, Givens and Vinatieri were all big parts of your team.......
Fiedler was a backup QB at best.
I think most of us are sad about losing those 3 vets due to sentimental reasons and not so much on (future performace). True, past performance was great. They have been with us (Willy and AV) from the bad times through the good. But Willy was injured alot until about the last two years. It is just not BB style to pay big $$ to a player on the downside of his career. AV was one of my favorites. But the national media forgets he DID miss two SB kicks and also a kick last year in Denver in the playoffs. He is clutch - but not invincible. Plus his kickoffs were not very deep lately. Still, the NFL is about evolving or dying. Several of you fins fans have said (and rightfully so) that we can't be on top forever. What I like about BB, is that he does not want to get old with his core players and stick with them too long past their primes. As long as it is only a few losses each year (and with good drafts) then the talent drain is manageable. Last year we lost Ty Law, Joe Andruzzi, Roman Phifer, (last 2 were not spectacular but stable). Before that it was Ted Washington, Damon Woody, etc. Every year it doesn't look good with our losses but the train just keeps chuggin along. In my book- the two most important pieces are the QB and HC. And I don't know of a better combo in the league right now. As far as Fiedler - he might be OUR backup QB this year. BB likes a VET and we need a #3. I would not be against him as a Patriot.

goodbye Junior Member

hey - I have now reached 30 posts and gone from a 'Junior Member' to now a 'Member'. Whoopeee! When do I get to be a Senior Member (and the gold star)? I never did like it when my wife would make fun of my 'Junior Member'. Where is Faith Tyler when you need her?

CheerforTom said:
This really seems to be the general opinion of people outside the organization. I've never really understood it, though. Givens was a good receiver, but we picked up at least two more to replace him (and saved a lot of money in the process).

McGinnest was one of my favourite players and will be missed for sure, but he was one single part of a well-oiled machine that was and is our front 7. I can't objectively see it fading because of one (with a few lesser ones as well) player gone.

Vinatieri is a great kicker, but I frankly won't miss him. He showed what kind of person he is with the deal he made, and if you as a team need to rely on a kicker that heavily, you need to be improving in many other offensive areas. I see a great kicker as a last resort and little else.

It's impossible to get away from the fact that regardless of how Culpepper performs, you guys got a steal on that one. You can certainly feel glad about that, it was a very good offseason move.

Yeah I guess just being outside the team I don't see how you won't miss those players. Of course Billichek had a great draft again but I still think those losses will hurt.

As for C-pep, yes it certainly was a steal. Why the Vikings gave up a pro bowler for just a 2nd rounder. You obviously understand the excitement and consider this. Last time we gave up a 2nd rounder for a QB, do you know who it was? Go ahead, take a guess LOL.

It was A.J Feely. Just shows the difference in our front office now. Culpepper and Feely isn't even a comparison so that's where even a little more excitement comes in.

SunnyDenmark said:
hey - I have now reached 30 posts and gone from a 'Junior Member' to now a 'Member'. Whoopeee! When do I get to be a Senior Member (and the gold star)? I never did like it when my wife would make fun of my 'Junior Member'. Where is Faith Tyler when you need her?

LOL congrats! I'm getting near my 100th post here at PatsFans. Over at Finheaven I'm a Super Bowl MVP with my 1500+ posts lol.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

In the AFC east, feelin fine really. Our losses certainly are not the back breaking ones they are made out to be. Tedy is back and fully healthy, Rodney is coming back and will be ready to right the ship in the secondary. Our O-line is coming off of rehab and ready to do some dominating blocking. Our D-line is bigger badder, better then any other in the division. We have just had a huge influx of young new talent into our skill positions.

We are reloaded and ready to rock and roll.

14thDragon said:
In the AFC east, feelin fine really. Our losses certainly are not the back breaking ones they are made out to be. Tedy is back and fully healthy, Rodney is coming back and will be ready to right the ship in the secondary. Our O-line is coming off of rehab and ready to do some dominating blocking. Our D-line is bigger badder, better then any other in the division. We have just had a huge influx of young new talent into our skill positions.

We are reloaded and ready to rock and roll.

There is no Patriot I hate more than Rodney because of all the cheap shots lol.

But you are right and it should be a great year! I cannot wait for it to start!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
There is no Patriot I hate more than Rodney because of all the cheap shots lol.

But you are right and it should be a great year! I cannot wait for it to start!

Those are not cheap shots, those are high motor hits from a great on the field compeititor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back