PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: 11 of 12 footballs under inflated by 2 pounds of air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a 12 psi ball weigh different tnan a 10 psi ball....didn't know air had weight....

I wanna win without having to see a controversy my friend.We should be talking about the game and not about deflated footballs

So talk about the game. Let the investigation run its course.

I wanna win without having to see a controversy my friend.We should be talking about the game and not about deflated footballs
Then start a thread so we can talk about the game!!!

For those of you guys still trying to pin it on the temperature change, that would only make sense if the footballs were remeasured in the cold during the game ONLY. If the NFL investigators reexamined the footballs at some point this week (which presumably they did), then it was probably indoors and at a temperature similar to when the balls were originally inspected, so they would have regained any amount of pressure lost during the cold. At that point you could only blame loss of air over time which is unlikely. Footballs aren't party balloons.

Once again the refs checked them at HT and Pats played the 2nd half with balls approved by the refs.

Pats-28
Colts- 0

Where is there outrage for the supposed best QB admitting to overinflating and hoping the refs don't catch it?

For those of you guys still trying to pin it on the temperature change, that would only make sense if the footballs were remeasured in the cold during the game ONLY. If the NFL investigators reexamined the footballs at some point this week (which presumably they did), then it was probably indoors and at a temperature similar to when the balls were originally inspected, so they would have regained any amount of pressure lost during the cold. At that point you could only blame loss of air over time which is unlikely. Footballs aren't party balloons.

The assumption is that the balls were re-inflated at halftime, so any later PSI checks would be meaningless.

The rumor about is that all balls were checked at halftime. The pats balls were under inflated and the colts balls were not.

this is bigger then obama's state of the union address...lmao

Once again the refs checked them at HT and Pats played the 2nd half with balls approved by the refs.

Pats-28
Colts- 0

Where is there outrage for the supposed best QB admitting to overinflating and hoping the refs don't catch it?

Here is an easy equation for you to remember:

Does the supposed player in question play for the Patriots?

a. Yes = guilty!
b. No = innocent

Pats-28
Colts- 0
Do we know for sure the balls were replaced or re-inflated ? I've seen suggestions to that effect but nothing definitive.

The assumption is that the balls were re-inflated at halftime, so any later PSI checks would be meaningless.
Or, the Pats played with new balls in the second half and still put up 28 points.

Here is an easy equation for you to remember:

Does the supposed player in question play for the Patriots?

a. Yes = guilty!
b. No = innocent

I'm not a Pats fan, but many non-Pats fans and Pats fans alike seem to feel the same. Why even do these things? If videoing the signals and under-inflating the balls offers no great advantage, why do it? They're just bringing it on themselves.

Even the Colts players said this is a non-issue and I bet you it happens more often than not. I understand what you are saying of course but controversies live on...see tuck rule even if you play by the rules. Let the haters hate.

I have a perfect solution: The Pats should lose all their first half points against the Colts for using underinflated balls and be fined a further two touchdowns for violating the rules, so the final score is 14-7 Pats!

I am befuddled as to why the NFL leaked this info to Mortenson late at night, just in time for the morning edition...

The NFL cannot pin it on the Patriots as the refs did not check the balls prior to the game, so in an effort to pass the blame from the NFL to someone else.. they will let a media firestorm ensue, and later in the week they will say they were responsible after the damage has been done..

No matter what the outcome and how many teams/qb's say they all do this, Belichick will be labeled a cheater.

I'm not a Pats fan, but many non-Pats fans and Pats fans alike seem to feel the same. Why even do these things? If videoing the signals and under-inflating the balls offers no great advantage, why do it? They're just bringing it on themselves.

Do you have evidence that this was specifically done by the patriot organization?

I have perfect solution: The Pats should lose all their first half points against the Colts for using underinflated balls and be fined a further two touchdowns for violating the rules, so the final score is 14-7 Pats!

But the Colts actually played better with the underinflated balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents