PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Wilbur: Unlike Brady, Kraft will be remembered as one of the losers in Deflate Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we reading and agreeing with THIS f*ckwit?

If Tom Brady knew, he lied to our faces.

Wednesday's Wells Report concludes: “It is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities” of the Patriots personnel in the Deflategate scandal. If that's so, he probably also lied to team owner Bob Kraft, who, in turn, defiantly challenged the NFL to apologize.

And if he refused to share text message and emails with Wells’ independent investigation because he understood that they would prove him complicit, then he probably lied to the investigator as well.​

No matter what your worship level for the four-time Super Bowl champion, the 243-page Deflategate report that Wells finally delivered to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell this week makes Brady sound guilty. Even without definitively coming out and accusing him of ordering that the weight of the balls be altered.​

http://www.boston.com/sports/column...ion_to_cheater_wells_report_doesnt_shine.html

Really?

I had the same reaction as you did.

I don't think Chiuba is informed about Mr. Wilbur, the well-known motivation and orders from his employer.

"But it’s become clear, despite all the bluster he displayed publicly, Kraft is still endeared to Goodell, the guy the Pats owner has always been there for, including supporting him after bungling the Ray Rice situation."

If that's good writing then God save us from bad. It isn't even correct English -- Kraft's attitude might endear him to Goodell but Kraft can't be endeared to Goodell (Wilbur seems to think it means "affectionately tied to").

I have my criticisms of Mr Kraft, but I'm damned if I'm taking them from a troll like Wilbur.

Yup.

I've seen head scratching OP's before, but this one is special.

Yesterday, there was a report that getting rid of Goodell would cost the owners a roughly $150 million buyout. Kraft's targeting of Pash as opposed to Goodell makes a lot more sense if that's that case, because it means Goodell isn't going anywhere.

OK. Who wants to start the Kickstarter campaign? If a guy can get $55,000 to make potato salad, we can raise $150 million to make him go away.

http://www.boston.com/sports/column..._wilson_doesnt_seem_to_buy_belichicks_sc.html

"........Of course, the majority of Patriots fans bought it. Time will tell if the NFL bought it.

But Bill Nye the Science Guy didn’t
. And neither did Jenkins.

“Not going to say,” Jenkins said when asked what he thought about Belichick’s explanation before immediately relenting with a laugh. “That’s BS. That’s BS, man.”

So, how would it happen? Jenkins, who freely admitted he’s a Browns fan from Cleveland, where Belichick isn’t all that highly-regarded to this day, shook his head.

“Only the New England Patriots know.”

Jenkins suggested “maybe in a year or two” the PSI would fluctuate after being introduced to different environments, which seems to fly in the face of the dozens upon dozens of amateur science experiments that took place throughout New England last week. He did, however, relent that the ball’s pressure may change if you put it in a freezer, then unfreeze it.

So, it indeed appears as if though Wilson is also calling foul on the New England Patriots.

"Well it couldn't unless something happened to a bladder, but that really doesn't happen and there's no other real way,” Wilson’s director of experiential marketing Molly Wallace said. “All we know is what we can control is when it leaves the factory it's within an NFL spec, within the PSI of 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds of pressure for every single NFL team.”

Stitched, sealed, and delivered.

Wilson doesn’t seem to be putting any stock into atmospheric factors playing a role in the NFL’s latest “scandal.”"

So, during SB week, Eric Wilbur gave a platform to science deniers.

Last edited:
http://www.boston.com/sports/column...ion_to_cheater_wells_report_doesnt_shine.html

".......Like it or not, there’s a little bit of the shine off Boy Wonder today, a little more of a sense that Brady is a con artist who can simply bat his eyelashes and have all of New England under his spell.
Brady probably knew. More than probably, as it turns out.....

......That’s more than probably going to include Brady, whose image may have finally taken a hit after a sparkling clean resume 15 years into his NFL career. And this isn’t solely about him and bumbling bozos deflating a ball. It’s about Brady being defiant in his denials, pleading his innocence to the point where his team owner is still issuing statements of incredulous defense. It’s about making head coach Bill Belichick launch into a Mona Lisa Vito monologue even as Brady tried to maintain his squeaky-clean image with the likely knowledge of exactly what occurred.

That image is gone, and it’s not because he deflated a few footballs. It’s gone because he lied about it.

Tom Brady duped us all.

Probably."

Any more evidence, Chiuba, about this writer for whom you have such great respect?

It's what Bob does: Goes along to get along. Why is anyone surprised? It's all about the billionaires club, nothing more, nothing less. The rest of the posturing is public relations. The casual fans and the pink hats will buy the con job because he seems like such a nice person (and he probably is!) . But that doesn't change what his business leanings are and what his loyalty priorities are. I don't know if I had that much money I would behave as he has but I would hope my personal honor and integrity would guide me on a better path.

PS: I can't read anything a Globe writer has to say. It's beyond my ability to dumb down that far.

BS. Even 150 million is chump change for the league. It's not even clear if he would get that money if he is removed by a vote of no confidence for dereliction of duty, or, more appropriately, malfeasance.

Nothing effects the public's confidence in the integrity of the game more than corruption in the league office, which we undoubtedly have. I am one of a hopefully growing number of people who now refuse to have anything to do with the league until this issue is addressed. That means the firing of Goodell. Nothing else will get me back. Even letting him finish out his contract and replacing him then will not do it. If he is still commissioner on the last day of his contract, I will never, ever come back.
If a majority of owners want to get rid of Roger, they would go to him and offer him a choice: a buyout for one year salary (still nice change) or we take you to court, sue you for incompetence, negligence and bunch of other stuff and try to claw back what we've already paid you.

Geez Shmess, you have certainly managed to convince me that this Eric Wilbur needs to be loaded onto a rocket ship and shot into the sun.

Not that I needed convincing.

Geez Shmess, you have certainly managed to convince me that this Eric Wilbur needs to be loaded onto a rocket ship and shot into the sun.

Not that I needed convincing.

Naw, not looking for retribution.

Just give him some pudding and put him in the corner with his fellow John Henry colleagues Volin and Shaughnessy.

Any more evidence, Chiuba, about this writer for whom you have such great respect?

I seem to recall Florio at one point, holding similar views as Wilbur. Should we stop making threads on his articles, even when he comes out with a compelling piece?

I don't agree with Wilbur's early take on Deflate Gate ....but he happens to be right about Kraft.

I seem to recall Florio at one point, holding similar views as Wilbur. Should we stop making threads on his articles, even when he comes out with a compelling piece?

I don't agree with Wilbur's early take on Deflate Gate ....but he happens to be right about Kraft.

Where did Florio call Brady a liar? Repeatedly.

And then hypocritically turn around 180 degrees after the story turned and claim that Kraft didn't have Brady's (whom he repeatedly wrote was a LIAR by the way) back.

Sorry, but that doesn't pass the smell test.

Look, it's understandable you simply didn't know about whom you were writing.

Chiuba - -why do I say Wilbur is a hypocrit for condemning Kraft for not backing Brady enough?

Oh yeah, here:

http://www.boston.com/sports/column...radys_fault_that_deflategate_has_reached.html

".......Robert Kraft should have known better.

The Patriots owner seems to have put his unrelenting faith in his quarterback and coach, only to have that trust bite him in the wallet and his team’s reputation outside of the five New England states, and whatever portion of Connecticut you want to keep under local jurisdiction.

How much or how little did Brady’s preference of having his footballs deflated to a certain level help the 37-year-old, four-time Super Bowl champion? Whether Patriots fans like it or not, that’s the question at the center of Brady’s extensive legacy, particularly for a guy who looked like a shell of himself early last season, until, of course, as the Wells investigation detailed, he got fed up with the overinflation levels of the footballs in an October game against the New York Jets.

Up to and including that Oct. 16 game, Brady was 151-for-246, a 61.38 completion percentage. In the final nine games of the season, he was 222-for-336, a 66.07 completion percentage, a difference that might be scrutinized as proof Brady needed to cheat in order to retain his status as a top-flight NFL quarterback......

But if Kraft is indeed willing to wage the battle he’s already taken on with Goodell and the NFL, he’ll need to know the facts from his franchise quarterback. Based on his infamous demand of an apology in Arizona, it’s likely he never received anything resembling the truth from Brady.

Really, this whole thing is on the Patriots’ Boy Wonder.
Team employees Jim McNally and John Jastremski come off looking like the biggest stooges in the championship caper, but it’s more and more evident that Brady served as the ringleader of his preferences, prompting "the deflator" to make it happen "by any means necessary," which might as well be the the extension to the Patriots’ team mantra of "do your job…"
."

So, yes Chiuba, you are championing this hypocrit who criticized Kraft for believing the "con artist" Brady.

@shmessy

You're right. I may not know the extent of Wilbur's bias towards the Pats, but regardless, I'm willing to judge his article on its own merits.

@shmessy

You're right. I may not know the extent of Wilbur's bias towards the Pats, but regardless, I'm willing to judge his article on its own merits.

Just seems a tad bit ironic that the very writer who, for months, tore Kraft apart for backing the "con artist" Brady is now tearing him apart for not supporting him enough.

There is no accountability unless an informed public hold these people accountable.

Globe writers know no bounds to their agenda driven perfidy. And I mean all of them

LOL. Wilbur is the one who called Brady a cheater in the first place. Now that Berman's ruling comes out, he flip flops positions? And yes we already know that Kraft is a spineless owner who caves in at the slightest pressure.

For whatever reason Kraft continues to support Goodell even after being stabbed in the back by him. Kraft even gave him an out by blaming the lawyers for Goodell's Deflategate bungling which was fueled 100% by Goodell's own sense of vindictiveness and hubris.

Goodell decided he was going to take Brady down no matter what, since he couldn't lay the finger of blame directly on BB or the Pats organization, according to the Wells report, but he took draft picks and 1 million dollars away from the team anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes