PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellis Hobbs - Duane Starks in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.
u guys were born in the 60's. the younger non-geeks like me can get our point accross by punching the keyboard less times.

You mean fewer times, right?

Hobbs is the team's #1 cornerback. Learn to deal with that.

I'm just trying to deal with having a #1 cornerback who has to give a receiver a 10-12 yd cushion on a 3rd down and 3.

I'm just trying to deal with having a #1 cornerback who has to give a receiver a 10-12 yd cushion on a 3rd down and 3.

That would be either a coaching or playcalling issue, not a personnel question.

That would be either a coaching or playcalling issue, not a personnel question.

Isn't it amazing how the coaches don't get mad and bench him when he mis-plays all these defensive coverages that everyone else picks up on? ;)

Hobbs has been consistently bad. I'm not a coach, not a GM, but he's been the weak link since 2006.

You are not a coach, you are not a GM, you do not know the plays called, you do not have the coach's film, how do you come to the conclusion that Hobbs has been THE weak link since 2006?

I think a lot of people are hung up on him because he was a high point in an atrocious 2005 defensive year, but he got burned in 06 all the time, and last year wasn't much better.

Except he got beat less than Samuel last year so... :confused:

He's going to be covering number one guys week in and out this year, and I'm worried.

He has been covering opposing team's number one for a lot longer than just this year...

Wait a minute....don't bring logic into it all....Whoa

thank u very much about Maroney.. he is excellent with screens, but average as a RB. He likes waitin for holes 4getin if he doesn't just push for wuteva he can get, he'll get tackled. If not that he is a 1st rd pick, i'll trade him, Jackson and Hobbs for the best CB I can get or a draft pick

WOW.. You remind me of National Sports Advisor and some of the other Maroney haters that have been here. You clearly didn't watch the games last year. Please, do us all a favor. Stop trying to make us as stupid as you.

Hobbs has been consistently bad. I'm not a coach, not a GM, but he's been the weak link since 2006. I think a lot of people are hung up on him because he was a high point in an atrocious 2005 defensive year, but he got burned in 06 all the time, and last year wasn't much better. He's going to be covering number one guys week in and out this year, and I'm worried.

I don't think the sky is falling. It's been a lackluster preseason but they'll pull it together, I'm not worried about that. I do think, though, that unless AD can work effectively with Vrabel as a rusher on the edge and that the front 3 can get back to form with consistent pressure, he's going to get exposed, and badly.

I love when people say this. We've now had people say that Hobbs has been bad since 2005 and since 2006. Guess what?!? Hobbs played most of 2006 with a cast on his WRIST! He missed a few games and the others were played in pain. Last year he had a sports hernia (something that Brady also had) and played through the pain.

Also, where is your proof that he got burned all the time in 2006?

You guys do realize the Pats haven't been showing ANYTHING but the vanilla defenses right?

u guys take spellin that serious? its the internet folks; not a final paper. Can I get d credibility i really don't care about back?

If you don't care about credibility, then why did you respond to him? Clearly you do.

As for credibility, like respect, its earned. So far, you've earned none. You're posts have been poorly thought out and you act like just because its the internet its not real. Its people like you that the stuff of Dilbert comics are made of.

u guys were born in the 60's. the younger non-geeks like me can get our point accross by punching the keyboard less times.

I have news for you, the only point you've gotten across is that you are lazy, can't think for yourself, and really don't understand the game of football.

Did I miss anything? Oh, yeah. You think that you are something special because you can type you and your geek buddies do on your cell phones all day long.

If this was going on during the season I'd understand. But good god, tighten those vaginas up you damn pansies. It's a VANILLA PRESEASON game. Hello? Do you guys think the Bucs are actually feeling proud of what they did? Most likely not, because none of it meant anything. It's the 2nd preseason game and we're having the usual melt down reaction thread.

A week ago everyone was saying this D could be tops, now they suck and Hobbs HAS to go. Haha, this fanbase has wayyyy too many knee jerk reactions.

What play was that? I'm sure that will show up in play by play logs.

Isn't it amazing how the coaches don't get mad and bench him when he mis-plays all these defensive coverages that everyone else picks up on? ;)

Maybe they're shy.:scared:

He'll start the season because Belichick is stuborn, but he won't last the season.

I hope I am wrong and Ellis becomes the super start he keeps telling us he is, but I just don't see it happening.

That's where you blew your argument, right there.

Hobbs will never be confused with a superstar but he can become a competant #2 in the league ... he has the talent to be that. I don't ever see him being a #1 because he is not a great tackler ... but his closing speed and jumping ability are exceptional and when healthy and if healthy he will show that this year.

Hobbs will never be confused with a superstar but he can become a competant #2 in the league ... he has the talent to be that. I don't ever see him being a #1 because he is not a great tackler ... but his closing speed and jumping ability are exceptional and when healthy and if healthy he will show that this year.

I have to disagree with the tackling comment. I thought he tackled well in the first 2 series against the bucs. after that, I don't think anyone was tackling at all.lol.

Hobbs is just a kick return guy...He doesn't do wut good CB do and that's get picks and break up passes.

Picks, and break up passes? That's all a good c.b. does? :wha:
Get off this board, and go learn about defensive schemes. Come back next week, and we'll have a test for you. :banned:

Picks, and break up passes? That's all a good c.b. does? :wha:
Get off this board, and go learn about defensive schemes. Come back next week, and we'll have a test for you. :banned:

Wut?

Years from now there are two things I'll remember about Hobbs. #1 that 108 kickoff return and #2 him s**tting the bed against Plax in the end zone in the game that shall not be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News