PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eliot Wolf's Pre-Draft Press Conference (Scheduled for 4/18 - 10AM)

Teams were still interested in paying Locker when he chose to retire. Just didn't have the passion to fight through the injuries and grind, he said as much himself. Inject him with a dose of TB's drive and dedication, and he'd have figured out his footwork and accuracy issues. Just like Josh Allen did--coincidentally, Josh grew up a Pats fan idolizing TB12.
Now we just need to figure out from the 2024 class who idolized TB12.

Drake Maye:
In the latter part it was Aaron Rodgers, but as a kid I was a Panther fan, I loved Cam Newton, we had season tickets. Kind of even in high school probably Joe Burrow, what he’s done, and obviously watching all the greats, shoot, Tom Brady.

Jayden Daniels:
Growing up, for me, it was Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick. I remember playing with Michael Vick and Madden, you know, when he was on the cover, I played against Mike, you know, hunter Speed running around on Madden, right? So those, those are the two that inspired me to play quarterback.

Michael Penix Jr:
Teddy Bridgewater at Louisville

Bo Nix:
"...saw that Nix was trending on Twitter—and not because he was the second coming of Cam Newton, who is Bo's football idol... Patrick remembered how on that night in the Arizona desert, Bo had sat next to him in the stands wearing a Cam Newton jersey, about how his apple-cheeked boy had run down to the first row after Auburn beat Oregon 22-19 to slap hands and celebrate with the Tigers players, how his son had been a picture of pure happiness as they drove back to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning."

JJ McCarthy - Can't find anything substantive... I get a sense it's not TB12 even though it's easy to assume that.

Pratt - Supposedly Brees?

Spencer Rattler - Probably himself

Joe Milton - Not sure but in college he modeled game after Cam

Hartmann and Travis - Sounds like a Country Duo - Can't find anything on them either.

Last edited:
Not McAdoo?
What I took from wolf's conference was the team has an array of options. I believe they are willing to stay at 3 and take who falls to them. Also are willing to move down take QB, ( penix) a LT, and WR.

I don't think I've ever seen a draft where the top 5 picks are all so close. Of them all just my opinion as a fan if Daniels isn't there take penix.

7 out 226 non 1st round QBs have panned out in the last 25 years.

When I look at Penix and Nix, I see people who will surely not work out. Penix throws hangers off his back foot every time you breathe on him. I've seen enough of that for a lifetime. Nix has a .01% chance of being the next Brees or even Pennington. And a 99.9% chance of being the next weak armed backup.
Either a QB will be a Super Bowl winner or weak arm lifetime backup at best.

The draft cannot come too soon. At least some of this nonsense will stop,

Either a QB will be a Super Bowl winner or weak arm lifetime backup at best.

The draft cannot come too soon. At least some of this nonsense will stop,
????

How could have possibly missed the %s I put up there.

You're also flying in the face of the %s over the years.

Let me repeat this for you: 7 out of 226. Good luck.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back