PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilfer loves what Manning has done this season. He has been effusive about him. But, he also loves Brady, and thinks he the best ever or close.

As for the overall discussion, Brady's playoff legacy (not reg. season), was cemented on the 1st 3 SB runs. In a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league, his playoff performances since have been somewhat spotty.

Eli's just hot right now, and it makes for a good conversation. When it's all done, he won't be in the GOAT conversation as TB will.

but if he does win, he also signs his ticket into the HOF with alot of football left in his career

So, Brady's going to his 5th Superbowl, looking to win his 4th, he had his 3rd all-time great season season in his last four years, he was appreciably better than Eli in every category ... and somehow he drops in the "Who's better?" debate because of his typically crappy performance against Baltimore, when Eli was just as bad against SF, except SF defenders kept defending against themselves and the backup punt returner kept giving away points.

I guess the new rankings are:

1) Eli
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Brady

Makes sense.

Well Rodgers is better than Eli but Eli still beat him at his own house in the playoffs.

but if he does win, he also signs his ticket into the HOF with alot of football left in his career

LOL! How so? When you compare his numbers to those of his brother and Brady or heck even Rothlesberger he doesn't get in. He's only led the league in INT's and in no other categories his whole career.

Look, Eli's good. Very good, even but there's no way he gets into Canton.

Last edited:
Using NY Daily News readers to determine who is better between Brady and Eli Manning is like using the Indianapolis Star to determine who is better between Brady and Peyton Manning...

Don't put too much stock into a New York Newspaper.
Even suggesting that the NY Daily News is a real newspaper is being overly-generous.

okay and on the flipside before this year you guys were on a 3 game losing streak in the playoffs.

:rolleyes:You hit on it. It's really quite simple for the playoffs. The Pats lost to the Broncos because we lost to the Jets last year. They lost to the Ravens because they lost to them 2 years ago and they'll lose to the Giants this time because they lost to them in Superbowl 42.....and the reason the Giants just lost to the 49'ers is because they lost to them earlier this year:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Let me see

New York Post -> low literacy readership = pro Giants
New York Times -> Boston Globe = anti Patriots
Foxsports -> Fox = NFC + Giants channel = pro Giants
Disney -> ABC + ESPN = supposedly neutral, yet NY leaning

CBS - Kraft = pro Patriots (though CBSSports do have Prisco who just graded the Giants over the Patriots overall. On the positive side he gave Brady A+ and Manning an A)

No news here (literally and figuratively) - just don't expect anything other than major pro-Giant hype for the next 2 weeks. Some of the praise for Eli and the Giants has been earned but most is amplified to gain readership.

Having said that - I like flying under the radar.

Well Rodgers is better than Eli but Eli still beat him at his own house in the playoffs.

Did Rodgers play Defensive Back, Defensive Line, or Linebacker in that game? I could have sworn that Eli beat the Packer Defense and the Giants Defense beat Rodgers. I never understand why it's qb against qb, when the qb's don't play one down of football against each other.

Last edited:
If you thought Tom was ready for Denver ...

Wow...just wow.

The day Drew Brees was a better quarterback than Tom Brady this year is the day Hell Freezes over. If you couldn't see how inefficient that man was this year, you have no business talking quarterback.

He would have needed to average 5 passing TD's a game and 600 yards to make up for his ******ed decision making against playoff caliber teams. I saw the 49ers game coming a mile away and knew Alex Smith would do a better job.

No way did Brees have the discipline to be on in the same ball bark as Brady, Rodgers or Eli right now. The Broncos and Tebow could have beaten the Saints.

They can win regular season games but couldn't keep up against efficient, smart QB's. He was way better 2-3 years ago. He's gotten far too sloppy this year.

At the rate he's going, he's gonna need 75 touchdowns and 8000 yards next year to get the Saints a winning record :D But they will sell a bunch of tickets doing it. They were like the KC Chiefs of the early 2000's. Blistering offense that came with a downpour rain of killer interceptions unfortunately.

Running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Basically.

I think thats a bit dramatic. You guys just have SB42 engraved in your heads. Besides that I don't think a legit case can be made for the rest of eli's play

Let's see: an impossible one-handed catch during the last drive against the Pats this year; an off-the-helmet catch in the endzone against the Packers to end the half; SF defenders knocking the hell out of each other to lose a sure pick ... twice; a ball grazing a pr's knee for a turnover leading to a TD; same p/r running without ever securing it and coughing it up in on the 29 in OT.

That's just off the top of my head, and since week 8.

I like Eli. He's definitely improved his game, and he's a much better playoff QB then his brother. But he's literally the luckiest QB I've ever seen. If there's a big break to be had, it goes his way.

I can't believe Giants fans are even arguing Manning had a better season (or even close to as good a season). The Patriots and Giants both got equally lucky in winning the championship games. Brady had one of the greatest seasons a quarterback has ever had this year, but was overshadowed by what Brees and Rodgers had. Yeah the Patriots lost 3 straight playoff games, but how many have the Giants won since they won the 2007 Super Bowl (not including this year)? Well they made the playoffs in 2008 and lost to Philly 23-11. So because they made the playoffs one less time in that time period, they were more successful? Doesn't make sense to me.

Nothing in Eli's season makes me think he is a better QB or had a better year than Brady.

LOL! How so? When you compare his numbers to those of his brother and Brady or heck even Rothlesberger he doesn't get in. He's only led the league in INT's and in no other categories his whole career.

Look, Eli's good. Very good, even but there's no way he gets into Canton.

So let me get this straight.. Tom Brady, who you are calling the best QB of all time and hands down canton (which I agree) and Eli and Roth isn't?

Well your wrong on both accounts. Ben is DEF in and if Eli gets in hes absoultely in as well...

I just did the numbers. Compare Elis career to this point to Bradys stats vs the same amount of games it reads like this (mind u i said if we win this superbowl)

Eli - 2 superbowl rings, 27579 yards, 185 TDs, 121 INTs
Brady - 3 Superbowl rings, 28096 yards, 211 YDs, 90 INTs

now your compaing greatest (Arguably) to another HOF caliber player. Your out of your mind if you think eli isn't getting in.

By your interceptions theory, i guess that means you take issue with Dan Marino, Brett Farve, and Johnny Unitus being in the hall of fame.

Then add in the other things about Eli - with the ironman streak going and having the most road wins of all time in the playoffs. If Eli wins, hes in the hall of fame. Don't kid yourself

:rolleyes:You hit on it. It's really quite simple for the playoffs. The Pats lost to the Broncos because we lost to the Jets last year. They lost to the Ravens because they lost to them 2 years ago and they'll lose to the Giants this time because they lost to them in Superbowl 42.....and the reason the Giants just lost to the 49'ers is because they lost to them earlier this year:rolleyes:

i have no clue what u just said lol

!

HELL YEA! Please put this up on Tom Brady's locker for him to read each day until kickoff

The same people were taking Tebow over Brady a few short weeks ago. This should work out pretty much the same.

If the Patriots win the SB then Brady becomes the GOAT, period, as well as the winningest QB in postseason history. Eli has won big games and played well in the clutch but the comparison is clearly off.

Did Rodgers play Defensive Back, Defensive Line, or Linebacker in that game? I could have sworn that Eli beat the Packer Defense and the Giants Defense beat Rodgers. I never understand why it's qb against qb, when the qb's don't play one down of football against each other.

so then is Brady really that great winning those s uperbowls or does the fact that the NE defense was a top 5 defense keep getting overshadowed?

Was Brady that great or did he need Randy Moss to blow up his numbers in 07?

listen, i have no problem with you taking that opinion, just keep it consistent.

I think the media and talking heads just can't look past the last games. They are saying Brady was outplayed by Flacco. They were both 22-36 with Flacco getting a few more yards. They both led their teams on 5 scoring drives, 2 touchdown and 3 field goal attempts. It doesn't make a difference to me if the ball is run in or thrown in, it still counts. The only difference I see is that Brady threw 2 picks to Flacco's one. You woud also have to admit that Brady's level of difficulty was far greater by playing the Raven's defense.

I don't want take anything away from Eli, but he didn't exactly have a great game either, at least not enough to say he is the best QB in the SB. He did throw 26 incompletions. After the score was tied when the giants received a gift from the 49ers ST, Manning had the ball for 5 drives and did nothing with it. Three times in regulation and twice in OT he couldn't move his offence to get the winning score. The article seems to give a lot of credence to the fact that Eli threw for 15 fourth quarter TDs. That means in 16 games in the first three quarters he only threw 14 tds. That's less than one per game in the first 3 quarters. I guess Brady prefers to throw for his TDs earlier in the game. See how easily you can manipulate numbers to back any argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News