PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people insane? How has Eli been better than Brady this season? He played better against the 49ers than Brady did against the Ravens. That's the only part of the 2011 NFL season that Eli Manning was superior than Tom Brady. This is crazy talk, seriously.

To be fair, Eli does have the horseshoe up arse factor. I've never, ever seen a guy get every bounce/break, or have his receivers make impossible catches late in games.

MeyerBud, it's nice to see a Giants fan come on here and actually be respectful. Welcome. As for the 25 pick season, I remember watching a lot of those, and I will admit, a lot of those were tipped balls, etc. Either way, there's no way you can take Eli over Brady, yet. That's not to say that at the end of Eli's career that he won't have done more than Brady, who can say. As of right now however, you really can't say take Eli over Brady.

I guess people forgot Brady's record-tying and breaking performance against the Broncos a couple of weeks ago...

not trying to **** talk, but its kind of hard to read that much into that Denver game. They had a broken down defense and tebow at QB lol.

You guys made the statement but im not sure its really relevant next week

Are people insane? How has Eli been better than Brady this season? He played better against the 49ers than Brady did against the Ravens. That's the only part of the 2011 NFL season that Eli Manning was superior than Tom Brady. This is crazy talk, seriously.

Well...he was better when the Giants played the Pats in the regular season...

At least 5 of those picks where bounced right off the WR's chest, as well.

People make too much of the debate. Brady will no doubt be a higher-ranked QB, and possibly the GOAT, when all is said & done.

Eli has just proven himself in big games, where Brady has been shakier of late. If he throws a pick in the SB and Brady throws the winning TD, that perception changes, but right now, that's the perception.

Eli has had two great postseasons, and both times he has reached the SuperBowl. How has he fared in the other opportunities he has had in the playoffs? Not so well at all.

Seriously, Eli Manning is a very good player, but Tom Brady is in the short list for greatest quarterback of all time, this is the silliest discussion I've ever seen.

To be fair, Eli does have the horseshoe up arse factor. I've never, ever seen a guy get every bounce/break, or have his receivers make impossible catches late in games.

I think thats a bit dramatic. You guys just have SB42 engraved in your heads. Besides that I don't think a legit case can be made for the rest of eli's play

not trying to **** talk, but its kind of hard to read that much into that Denver game. They had a broken down defense and tebow at QB lol.

You guys made the statement but im not sure its really relevant next week

How was their defense broken down?

Well...he was better when the Giants played the Pats in the regular season...

No, he had the football last and was facing a worse pass defense. That was the difference in the ball game.

FWIW, Dilfer said yesterday since week 14 Manning has been playing the best at his position.

The Ravens D have made their point. Brady SUCKS arse. Everything he has done his ENTIRE career, is all smoke and mirrors. How the hell did this team make it to the Super Bowl with such a putrid QB?

Last edited:
MeyerBud, it's nice to see a Giants fan come on here and actually be respectful. Welcome. As for the 25 pick season, I remember watching a lot of those, and I will admit, a lot of those were tipped balls, etc. Either way, there's no way you can take Eli over Brady, yet. That's not to say that at the end of Eli's career that he won't have done more than Brady, who can say. As of right now however, you really can't say take Eli over Brady.

yea like wise.

A group of us from GMB's have gone to all of our playoff opponents pages to talk about the game. Ironically i was expecting the 9ers and PAck fans to be cool and then Falcons and PAts fans to be the ****s and its been the complete opposite.

Every fan base has a group of *******s, but most of the people I know really are looking for some playoff trash talk but mostly good football talk.

Overall, you have to take Brady but one big game and big moment? I can't say i'd have a decision either way.

No, he had the football last and was facing a worse pass defense. That was the difference in the ball game.

Didn't Brady throw a couple of picks in that game?

Don't get me wrong, even if I weren't a Patriots fan, I'd take Brady over Eli all day and twice on Sunday.

Last edited:
The media is just awful with stuff like this. If Tebow would have beaten the Patriots they's be putting him in the HOF, silly, silly, mediots! But I do like it when Tom gets a little shoved aside for the flavor of the week. Always works out for us :cool:

Eli has had two great postseasons, and both times he has reached the SuperBowl. How has he fared in the other opportunities he has had in the playoffs? Not so well at all.

Seriously, Eli Manning is a very good player, but Tom Brady is in the short list for greatest quarterback of all time, this is the silliest discussion I've ever seen.

okay and on the flipside before this year you guys were on a 3 game losing streak in the playoffs.

FWIW, Dilfer said yesterday since week 14 Manning has been playing the best at his position.

Dilfer loves what Manning has done this season. He has been effusive about him. But, he also loves Brady, and thinks he the best ever or close.

As for the overall discussion, Brady's playoff legacy (not reg. season), was cemented on the 1st 3 SB runs. In a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league, his playoff performances since have been somewhat spotty.

Eli's just hot right now, and it makes for a good conversation. When it's all done, he won't be in the GOAT conversation as TB will.

I would still choose Brady with 1:46 to go. I've seen him bring the Pats back to beat Dallas, I also saw him bring the Pats back to beat the Giants. A game that came down to a ridiculous PI call from the cheating refs.

Against the niners, I saw Manning throw 2 INTs that would've been surely caught if it had not been for the niners themselves. I saw a Bradshaw fumble that the ref blew dead for some odd reason. Then I saw Eli do nothing in the last 2 minutes, I also saw him do nothing in OT, except wait for Williams to hand him the game.

So for the media to amp him up and claim he's better than Brady and the other brother, because Williams assisted him to his 2nd SB is crazy.

So, Brady's going to his 5th Superbowl, looking to win his 4th, he had his 3rd all-time great season season in his last four years, he was appreciably better than Eli in every category ... and somehow he drops in the "Who's better?" debate because of his typically crappy performance against Baltimore, when Eli was just as bad against SF, except SF defenders kept defending against themselves and the backup punt returner kept giving away points.

I guess the new rankings are:

1) Eli
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Brady

Makes sense.

How was their defense broken down?

well for one, midway through the first quarter they were playing their 4th and 5th on the depth charts safteys. Bunkley got hurt as well if im not mistaken and Von Miller hasn't been the same with his hand wrapped up.

The media is just awful with stuff like this. If Tebow would have beaten the Patriots they's be putting him in the HOF, silly, silly, mediots! But I do like it when Tom gets a little shoved aside for the flavor of the week. Always works out for us :cool:

i think comparing Eli to Tebow is equally as ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft