PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elephant in the Room -- Tom Brady's Mental block in big games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, way not to address my point. Do yourself a favor and drop it. It's OK.

Your "point" (aside from the one on your head) appears to be that you're convinced Brady should've acted differently from how he was instructed by his head coach. I don't know why, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that BB told Brady to save that final timeout for the field goal attempt. Why? Because they obviously felt -- unlike you -- that Baltimore gave them a defensive look precluding a legit shot at the end zone that also would've left time to kick the three-pointer if it failed. If you can't buy that reasoning, you need remedial help.

I read your post. Your argument is just a poor one. BB had plenty of time to call the T.O. before he did. He could have stopped the bleeding any number of seconds before he did, once he got that great look.

Man, you just can't help yourself. You do you profession proud. How would you know how many seconds were left when BB finally got that good look, and this absolves Brady exactly how? Please, stop living up to our expectations. Just once in a while, concede. And stop with the ridiculous argument style whereby you just proclaim one's argument is poor. It's a cheap lawyer's trick that impresses only the dull among us.

Brady's just not that good anymore, he'll be lucky to win 8 games next season because he's not going to have a cupcake schedule he's used to having every year!!

So, did your team make the playoffs this year?

Your "point" (aside from the one on your head) appears to be that you're convinced Brady should've acted differently from how he was instructed by his head coach. I don't know why, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that BB told Brady to save that final timeout for the field goal attempt. Why? Because they obviously felt -- unlike you -- that Baltimore gave them a defensive look precluding a legit shot at the end zone that also would've left time to kick the three-pointer if it failed. If you can't buy that reasoning, you need remedial help.

Look, I'll try this one last time and then I f---ing done with you. If Brady had to do it over again, no matter what the f--k was told to him prior to the scramble, would he call time out as he was sliding?

Look, I'll try this one last time and then I f---ing done with you. If Brady had to do it over again, no matter what the f--k was told to him prior to the scramble, would he call time out as he was sliding?

You were on "Deadwood", weren't you?

At this point I am more pissed off that guys like Bart Scott and that no-name Raven's ST guy can claim that they were right in dismissing us as an 'elite' O.

:mad:

And to add fuel to this thread: I was and will always be surprised that we didn't decimate the Jets and instead lost that gimme playoff game to them two seasons ago in spite of Ryan and the other Jets personally insulting Brady the week before and the fact that we had an extra week to prepare.

:mad: :mad:

No, and here is why: BB and Brady gauged what their chances would be situationally (time/distance) of scoring a touchdown against that specific defensive personnel grouping with their own players and available play selection. OBVIOUSLY -- and BB's own words confirm this -- they didn't think it could happen, which is why the timeout wasn't called earlier. OBVIOUSLY, they believed such an attempt under those circumstances had a good chance of failing via turnover or expired clock. That's why they did what they did: they knew even before his slide what the options would be. But you seem to know better, so you'd best get that resume in to 1 Patriot Place pronto.

Brady's just not that good anymore, he'll be lucky to win 8 games next season because he's not going to have a cupcake schedule he's used to having every year!!
Yeah, this year their opposition won/lost % was .496. Next year's is .508 - a whopping 12 point increase. And that doesn't take into account that the Patriots contributed greatly to their opponents' .496 by going 12-4 against them. Nice try, sport.

They should be ashamed of their schedule this year, which featured many of the premier teams in the league in 1/2 of their games, and 3 games vs the SB opponents :rolleyes: :

Baltimore first game (playoffs/SB team)
Seattle (playoffs)
SF (playoffs/SB team)
Denver (playoffs/#1 seed)
Houston first game (playoffs)
Indianapolis (playoffs)
Baltimore second game (playoffs/SB team)
Houston second game (playoffs)

It is hard to be a great QB when you do not have any WRs and no one is open. Why is everyone blaming Brady?

It is true that Tom Brady has struggled in these games. But don't blame the losses all on Brady.

If you look at it, the whole team rests on Tom Brady's shoulders (maybe until this season to an extent with the improved running game); one off game from Tom Brady and the team is done. And it's because you know that the Patriot defense is unable to get stops and give Brady and the offense more chances to put points on the board. Brady is only human like the rest of us, he's not a god and can't play perfect every single week.

It takes a whole team effort to win in the playoffs, and while Tom Brady has fallen in the big games, the defense wasn't there to pick him up. As great as #12 has been every season, there will be games where he struggles, and other parts of the team have to step up (running game, special teams, defense).

It is really hard for any QB, especially a 35 year old QB in Tom Brady to have to overcome a bad defense every single week. Quarterbacks like Colin Kaepernick, Ben Roethlisberger (2005, 2008, 2010) and Joe Flacco (not as much this season) definitely feel less pressure than Brady, because they know they have a defense that they can count on to get them more chances to put points on the board.

Point is, it's hard to win a super bowl these days, and it doesn't matter if your team's quarterback is Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Tom Brady. You need a complete team effort to win in the postseason, not just offense. No quarterback in the NFL is infallible.

Man, you just can't help yourself. You do you profession proud. How would you know how many seconds were left when BB finally got that good look,

You figure BB had his eyes closed while Brady was trying to get the team into the huddle, then?

and this absolves Brady exactly how?

Because he was doing as he was told, and this was not a case where listening to your superiors was some violation of human moral rights...

Please, stop living up to our expectations. Just once in a while, concede. And stop with the ridiculous argument style whereby you just proclaim one's argument is poor. It's a cheap lawyer's trick that impresses only the dull among us.

First, it must impress the hell out of you.

Second, I've nothing to concede. I noted that you have a lousy argument, and you do. If you want me to concede that yes, indeed, you do have a lousy argument, I concede that.

Third, telling someone their argument is poor is a much more polite means of responding than what you've demonstrated in this thread.

If ever there was a thread begging to be locked, this Elephant in the room is it.

It is hard to be a great QB when you do not have any WRs and no one is open. Why is everyone blaming Brady?

Because he's a great QB in the regular season.

He shows that the offense can put up 30-50 points in regular season.... and then only puts up 13 points in the AFCCG

I'm not saying brady isn't elite because he is, but CCG/SB is where legacies are made.

And he's 8-4 in those Games, against The Very Best.

Did you...have a Point?
spock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back