PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Either or it will all work out for the better..

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've proven they can win games without Brady too, so you aren't really saying anything here...

Good point. They have. Remains to be seen how many Super Bowls they win without Brady though. Hope we find out only in 2019!

I hope he gets picked up by another team so we don't have to face the decision to pick him back up. This is a better team without him, imo, and think of the image created by Branch and Moss gushing about this team. should help us to retain some future free agents, and perhaps attract others. Mankins' return doesn't hurt either. Enough with distractions: onward!

I like how people say no chance he comes back..just like no chance branch comes back right?

Because he *hopefully* has been humbled by this whole experience and learned a lesson. He *hopefully* realized that sometimes it's better to just live in the moment than to worry about the future.

You're suggesting that a leopard can change his spots even though we've seen time and time again that he can't...

You're suggesting that a leopard can change his spots even though we've seen time and time again that he can't...

Changed what spots? The team captain spots, or the I want a long term deal spots? People can be so simplistic.

I hope they all come back!!!!! I love drama!!!!

220px-Come_back_little_sheba.jpeg

who says you can't change spots???

mlyn1114l.jpg

I like how people say no chance he comes back..just like no chance branch comes back right?

BB did not want Branch to leave. Big difference.

if he clears waivers Belichcik would do it for a deal... but they wont put a claim on him.. like i said let him go to st louis or seattle.. just not miami or the jets.. But either or we will be fine, this young team is starting to be special... but as i said with no clear cut team as the best out there, bring him on board for nine games and see what happens...

Is there any logic behind this??

Changed what spots? The team captain spots, or the I want a long term deal spots? People can be so simplistic.

Moss is who he is. You may want him to be different; he himself may want to be different. But his issues are long-term issues that eventually boil over. They are not one time issues that can be simply corrected. It will take years for Moss to be a significantly different person than he is.

Moss held himself in check pretty well for over three years. Near the end of that time, he let out more and more of what he was thinking and feeling. The Patriots are not giving Moss a long-term contract which was the reason this year for being upset. But if it's not that, it will be something else.

Now, I'm not guaranteeing that the Patriots couldn't take him back and it would work for a short while - or that the Patriots could ignore a few things here and there to make it work. But the reasons why they let him go are all still there and can't be quickly fixed. Better to just acknowledge that and move in, IMO.

Because he *hopefully* has been humbled by this whole experience and learned a lesson. He *hopefully* realized that sometimes it's better to just live in the moment than to worry about the future.
Like he was humbled by being traded out of Minny, then humbled by being traded out of Oakland, then humbled by being traded out of NE? No, he is what he is. Moss is a great receiver, but he isn't as great as he was, and his issues are becoming greater and greater. I don't think I could take any more post-game presser rants.

Like he was humbled by being traded out of Minny, then humbled by being traded out of Oakland, then humbled by being traded out of NE? No, he is what he is. Moss is a great receiver, but he isn't as great as he was, and his issues are becoming greater and greater. I don't think I could take any more post-game presser rants.

:agree:

He is who he is. He really messed up a good thing here too. We brought him back into the stratosphere. Oh well.

For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can think BB might take him back again.

People have become all enamored at his little "Lovefest " rant Sunday night and somehow they think Randy is serious now. :rolleyes:

And each time he behaved for a while. Bring him back and we get 9 good games plus the post-season out of him. Then lose him to FA and get our 2012 comp pick for losing a FA.

Moss is not coming back for the following reasons:

1) They are 6-1, they have won four games in a row. Why fix something that's not broken?

2) Who do they cut on the roster to make room for Moss?

3) Why would they send a message to the youngsters, telling them we're not that confident in them, we'll bring back a proven prima donna.

I dont understand how people add up that we got rid of Moss because BB felt we were better without him, that the Vikings also got rid of him because they are better without him, and add that up to we would want him back, and it would be a good thing. Ironically you say other teams would be dumb to take a chance on him but think he is the missing piece of the puzzle here, after we already crossed that bridge.

I disagree with that last sentence. It is clear that randy can only be on a winning team with good leadership. Additionally, he will get fed up with a poor qb. Finally, he will need a few weeks to get up-to-speed with a new offense. And obviously he has praised BB and the patriots in recent weeks.

So no other team is in the same situation as the patriots with Randy. I don't think randy would be successful unless he gets on a team like the colts, chargers, etc. teams that win with good QBs...regardless, he is best fit on the Pats before any other team...there is less risk involved, more immediate production, and familiarity.

I also only see BB accepting randy back on the team if he believes Randy has genuinely and legitimately changed his ways. It is very possible that Randy is regretful enough that he will accept a lesser role and be a good teammate. I am one who thinks BB made the right decision in trading him. But I also believe Randy helps the pats tremendously if he has the mentality like he's an undrafted journeyman.

Moss is not coming back for the following reasons:

1) They are 6-1, they have won four games in a row. Why fix something that's not broken?

So the Patriots should not try to improve the team after wins.

2) Who do they cut on the roster to make room for Moss?

I dunno, who was the last nobody we signed off the PS? Or send Branch to the IR. He is hurt and not really needed if we get Moss back.

3) Why would they send a message to the youngsters, telling them we're not that confident in them, we'll bring back a proven prima donna.

Hey Price & Edelman, you're not as good of a WR as the the 2nd best WR in the history of the NFL. Hey, no offense meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back