PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman was a beast today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick was right. Edelman is a far better Deion Branch, not a Welker replacement. He was used far more like Deion tonight than Welker. He was a stud tonight, but I think a Welker type of player would have gotten killed tonight. And Edelman even playing like he did almost got killed.

My son watched the 3 games to glory Pats-Eagles Super Bowl earlier today and he loved watching Deion Branch. He even mentioned that he reminded him of Julian Edelman. How bizarre, my 8 year old has some insight.

Its still 2 picks that drasticly altered the game. I am not saying Brady was not deserving (4 tds says he is) just that Jules played mistake free ball something Tom did not. To be honest IMO no one jumped off the page as the clear MVP this was a good all around team win with a bunch of players deserving.

Like AA12 said, the second pick wasn't really on Tom at all, gronk was uncharacteristically passive on that throw.

4 tds to 4 different receivers and a 70% or so completion rate is pretty solid IMO
Tho I do agree that edelman and butler both had fantastic showings
Imo

Don't forget it was JE who took out Lane after the INT with a hard tackle. Lane being out was a big factor in the game.

Now Kevin Seifert has an article, was JE concussed and did the Pats ignore the concussion protocols?

Don't forget it was JE who took out Lane after the INT with a hard tackle. Lane being out was a big factor in the game.

Three years ago, I wrote this on another site:

Chilian Edelman

Chef Belichick will specially select one of Julian Edelman's three chili recipes: Wide Receiver (mild), Special Teams (spicy), and Defensive Back (three-alarm fire).

Warning: The Defensive Back recipe may be dangerous for those guests with more delicate constitutions.

Jules is the best!!! One trait that welker had that you could respect was he would take big hits and get right up. Jules has that trait and better hands as well.

I remember losing to the Ravens in `09 and that day Edelman was one of the few guys who came to play and the same spirit took them to a Championship today.
This, this, this this this.

Its still 2 picks that drasticly altered the game. I am not saying Brady was not deserving (4 tds says he is) just that Jules played mistake free ball something Tom did not. To be honest IMO no one jumped off the page as the clear MVP this was a good all around team win with a bunch of players deserving.
It's hard to play error free ball when you touch the ball on every offensive play. Receivers don't.

Wilson was woozy after a knee to the head from Clay Mathews in the NFCCG. He stayed in. Independent doctors make this call. Not the teams.

Chancellor nearly killed him but he stumbled forward about ten yards or so barely concious (but his knee was down). I thought for sure he had a concussion and would be out, but he stayed in
I thought it was his hip flaring up on him, not his head.

but on review he did take a shot (and how was that not a penalty?)

I thought it was his hip flaring up on him, not his head.

but on review he did take a shot (and how was that not a penalty?)
I agree. His footing went a bit out on slippery turf on a couple moves on that play and I think it tweaked his already bad hip. He was showing/suppressing a bit of a limp after that.

I got to work this morning and flipped my calendar to February, and there he is. I'm perfectly okay with seeing Edelman on my cubicle wall for the next month.

Team win. Jules came to ball, vereen balled, Brady led us to the mountain top and Butler brung us home. No one player deserved MVP so Brady gets the nod as he is the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST