PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Forecast - Week 2

situational_awareness

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do you all think he will be less productive, as productive, or more productive this week than he was last week?

7 receptions, 79 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs, 32 return yards

I'm inclined to say more targets/receptions, more receiving yards, possibly less TDs (maybe one), and more return yards. Basing this off of last week's good performance, and possibly gimpy Amendola from the groin injury. It doesn't help Amendola that the game is on Thursday night.

I could see Kenbrell Thompkins having a good game if the Jets focus on Amendola and Edelman. He did have 14 targets, though he only caught 4 passes for a measly 42 yards. Have to imagine that will improve.

Finally, the Jets D looked pretty decent, albeit against Tampa Bay offense that isn't a scary matchup at all save for Doug Martin. VJax relies on Freeman to get him the ball and Freeman is shaky right now. I don't think the Jets D will look as good against the Pats.

Anyways, the focus of my question is Edelman, not the other guys or Jets D. What are your thoughts?

The Jets will get after Brady forcing the quick throws....so our midget slot guys will be the show once again. And considering how well the NYJ contained Martin last week...I expect Brady to be in pass mode all night

The Jets will get after Brady forcing the quick throws....so our midget slot guys will be the show once again. And considering how well the NYJ contained Martin last week...I expect Brady to be in pass mode all night.

Yeah, I agree with all you said. I'm just wondering if Edelman's targets/production are going to be hot/cold from week-to-week, or if he is going to be a consistent performer.

Much depends on the health of Amendola, Dobson, Sudfeld and Washington (all "limited"). I would not be surprised to see Washington utilized considerably in the passing game or Sims signed from the PS.

Much depends on the health of Amendola, Dobson, Sudfeld and Washington (all "limited"). I would not be surprised to see Washington utilized considerably in the passing game or Sims signed from the PS.

Yep.

BTW, I hate that "limited" tag. It's used so much, it almost doesn't mean anything anymore. I don't even know what to make of "probable" anymore, either.

Yeah, I agree with all you said. I'm just wondering if Edelman's targets/production are going to be hot/cold from week-to-week, or if he is going to be a consistent performer.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Edelman isn't going to have two TD catches every game. Although Edelman's knock in the past has not been production as much as it has been durability. His two big games last year were followed by two trips to the trainer's table.

This game is going to really suck to not have Vereen. Very nice to have a guy who's a good dual threat in the back field. I think we'll score around 24 pts. Edelman 4 catches 44yds.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Edelman isn't going to have two TD catches every game. Although Edelman's knock in the past has not been production as much as it has been durability. His two big games last year were followed by two trips to the trainer's table.

Well, nobody averages 2 TD receptions per game. ;)

Look out, Randy Moss. :D

He's definitely not going to score two TDs, but he'll be in the mix - 6/66.

Buffalo was clamping down on him tight, which incidentally was great for Amendola and Vereen.

No way Simms will get called up though. We'd have to cut or IR a receiver...

Do you all think he will be less productive, as productive, or more productive this week than he was last week?

7 receptions, 79 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs, 32 return yards

I'm inclined to say more targets/receptions, more receiving yards, possibly less TDs (maybe one), and more return yards. Basing this off of last week's good performance, and possibly gimpy Amendola from the groin injury. It doesn't help Amendola that the game is on Thursday night.

I could see Kenbrell Thompkins having a good game if the Jets focus on Amendola and Edelman. He did have 14 targets, though he only caught 4 passes for a measly 42 yards. Have to imagine that will improve.

Finally, the Jets D looked pretty decent, albeit against Tampa Bay offense that isn't a scary matchup at all save for Doug Martin. VJax relies on Freeman to get him the ball and Freeman is shaky right now. I don't think the Jets D will look as good against the Pats.

Anyways, the focus of my question is Edelman, not the other guys or Jets D. What are your thoughts?

So we don't think Edelperson can Duplicate his performance but we could see Kenbrell tripping over himself cannot keep his feet in bounds and wasn't getting that much separation Thompkins having a good game?:confused: The knock on Edelperson ws always his durability not his natural ability he's been called WWII and now without WW he can make the most of his opportunities. Sunday was a Great start and I hope he can keep it up. I am also hoping Aaron Dopson can go Thursday Night also would like to see Josh Boyce in the mix outside. I hope Kenbrell Thomkins rebounds but he wasn't scaring anybody on the outsides Sunday. Rex Ryan is not going to have a hard time preparing for Patriots Offense with no TE worth a dam and questionable outside Receivers. Our Rookie WR's are going to have to grow up fast.

The knock on Edelperson ws always his durability not his natural ability he's been called WWII and now without WW he can make the most of his opportunities.

That's debatable. He has definitely shown flashes but he is more like WWIII than WWII. As for this Thursday night, who else are they going to pass it to??? esp if Sudfield/Amendola/Vereen don't play.

So we don't think Edelperson can Duplicate his performance but we could see Kenbrell tripping over himself cannot keep his feet in bounds and wasn't getting that much separation Thompkins having a good game?:confused:

That is not what was said.

I said that Edelman will probably not get 2 TDs again (just being realistic, as multiple TDs per game is the exception, not the norm... even for the most elite WRs). However, I said his receptions and yardage could increase.

As far as Kenbrell, I stated that the reason I feel he could do better this week is that he was targeted 14 times and only caught 4 receptions. If that target level continues, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he catches 8 of 14 next time around, thus doubling his receptions. That is a realistic estimation.

Sometimes, I feel like people don't actually read what was posted and then knee-jerk reaction ensues.

That is not what was said.

I said that Edelman will probably not get 2 TDs again (just being realistic, as multiple TDs per game is the exception, not the norm... even for the most elite WRs). However, I said his receptions and yardage could increase.

As far as Kenbrell, I stated that the reason I feel he could do better this week is that he was targeted 14 times and only caught 4 receptions. If that target level continues, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he catches 8 of 14 next time around, thus doubling his receptions. That is a realistic estimation.

Sometimes, I feel like people don't actually read what was posted and then knee-jerk reaction ensues.
\

Sorry I wasn't trying to come off like that I just hope our young WR's Thomkins included can put up legit numbers in real NFL games. We had no Threat on the outsides make us kinda predictable. if we cannot make the Defense pay on the outsides especially in single coverage, Brady's job now becomes double harder.

he's going to have to do something this week.......unless

Beth-Cha-Tay...Aaron Dobson shows up to save the day

actually......I think thompkins will come up big......he did some little things poorly, but I also think he can get to where brady puts the ball....he has shown that...game 1 jitters over, expect to see a better player thursday

Amendola and Vereen are reportedly the only Patriots not at practice today. That being the case, I certainly hope Edelman will improve upon last week's numbers.

Amendola and Vereen are reportedly the only Patriots not at practice today. That being the case, I certainly hope Edelman will improve upon last week's numbers.

I think they are just going to rest Danny this week for the game. I wouldn't really expect him to practice.

I expect Edelman to be the target more often. I expect 3 drops and more yards than last week.

BTW, I expect Gronk to play but not Amendola.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back