PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwayne Bowe arrested for speeding and Marijuana possession

Not necessarily, but this isn't really the forum for that debate.

Although alcohol use in teens has been significantly higher than marijuana for decades, in 2015 or 2016 that will likely change. Either way, I can't pee very far, so we will have to agree to disagree.

I'm sure the ones who did will find great comfort in knowing that others didnt. :rolleyes:
Again, this is not the place to have this discussion, so I will not respond further.

Given that most, if not all, people have used drugs of some kind, and most have not have had their lives ruined, maybe the problem wasn't the drugs... :rolleyes:

(They are the easier scapegoat, though, I'll give you that.)

For a professional athlete, yes. There's nothing wrong with weed, but the league/country begs to differ and generally finds out if you're using it. How can NFL players think they won't get caught?

Because most of them probably don't get caught.

make an azzhat comment...get properly educated...bow out refusing to admit mistake.

cigarrettes are the gateway drug...then alcohol...only the far right wacko extremists still try to push this "maryjoowanna is the gateway!!bad!!!! take our killer LEGAL pharmaceuticals instead!!!!"

law enforcement hates it because it was an extremely easy way to rack up arrests and get federal money....stop the nuttery with these comments about marijuana.

Photo of Bowe's van when he was pulled over

45.jpg

Last edited:
make an azzhat comment...get properly educated...bow out refusing to admit mistake.

cigarrettes are the gateway drug...then alcohol...only the far right wacko extremists still try to push this "maryjoowanna is the gateway!!bad!!!! take our killer LEGAL pharmaceuticals instead!!!!"

law enforcement hates it because it was an extremely easy way to rack up arrests and get federal money....stop the nuttery with these comments about marijuana.
If you are talking to me, lol at you thinking that 'many lives have been ruined by drugs' is an azzhat comment, and stating that this is an inappropriate forum for such a discussion is bowing out.
Too funny.

You are kidding right? Those damn coffee drinkers starting on that slippery slope to illegality and dead brains.

Not to get into the weeds here, but in no way is THC worse for you than alcohol, and the gateway hypothesis has been thoroughly debunked going as far back as at least 1999.

Not to get into the weeds here, but in no way is THC worse for you than alcohol, and the gateway hypothesis has been thoroughly debunked going as far back as at least 1999.

<sniff> That glass of wine I had with my lunch <sniff> Man that was faaaaar out.

Please.

Lol at the dinosaurs in this thread.

You kids with the wacky tabaccy shouldn't bother with them.

<sniff> That glass of wine I had with my lunch <sniff> Man that was faaaaar out.

Please.

The social/health costs of alcohol consumption far outweigh those of marijuana. It's not really a contestable debate, but if you want to hang your hat on the vestiges of outmoded thought, that's certainly your prerogative.

The social/health costs of alcohol consumption far outweigh those of marijuana. It's not really a contestable debate, but if you want to hang your hat on the vestiges of outmoded thought, that's certainly your prerogative.

I never contested it. But I do think it's a fraudulent argument. And there is nothing outmoded in thinking that something which has proven negative effects on the brain should not necessarily be legalised.

I have to say I agree with Manxman and AndyJohnson in regards to this issue. Not looking to get into a debate. I'll go back to lurking.

Haha no way who woulda thought?

Nice sig just wish it was a little longer.

I never contested it. But I do think it's a fraudulent argument. And there is nothing outmoded in thinking that something which has proven negative effects on the brain should not necessarily be legalised.

Fair enough. I'd say your main issue is your belief that something has been proven when, in fact, it hasn't.

I have to say I agree with Manxman and AndyJohnson in regards to this issue.

Boy, that's a shocker.

Pot's going legal, get used to it.

BTW....when's the last time you heard "The old man got stoned on weed and knocked the ol' lady and kids around"?

Fair enough. I'd say your main issue is your belief that something has been proven when, in fact, it hasn't.

A recent study of marijuana users who began using in adolescence revealed a profound deficit in connections between brain areas responsible for learning and memory. And a large prospective study (following individuals across time) showed that people who began smoking marijuana heavily in their teens lost as much as 8 points in IQ between age 13 and age 38; importantly, the lost cognitive abilities were not restored in those who quit smoking marijuana as adults.

DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse

The bolded might explain the weakness of legalisation arguments :)

Answer me this. Why do people smoke marijuana?

DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse

The bolded might explain the weakness of legalisation arguments :)

Answer me this. Why do people smoke marijuana?

Maybe that's why the legal age to consume will be 21 everywhere. Can't imagine anyone that wants legal cannabis(the US government started the whole "marijuana" craze to stigmatize this fantastic plant) thinks it's a good idea kids smoke.

Some of you will bite and scratch to the end but it's going legal.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back