PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger 4 yr extension $58 mil

Ferris Bueller Snap GIF

Well....he was a Belichick draft pick....

(Ducks)

PFF says Gonzalez is the weakest CB in. the 5 games he played.

I don't trust anything PFF says on DBs
I don't have w PFF subscription, so I can't fact check this, but it seems a bit off to me consider he was defensive rookie of the month in Sept.

I don't have w PFF subscription, so I can't fact check this, but it seems a bit off to me consider he was defensive rookie of the month in Sept.

I wish there were a way to invest against the reviews of PFF and the opinions of Boston sports talk hosts. Kind of like the Anti-Jim Cramer ETFs that were out there for a while.

This has Thunders finger prints all over it.

When does he address the media to talk up this signing?

Patriots, S Kyle Dugger agree to a four-year deal worth a base value of $58M and a max of $66M, with $32.5M guaranteed. (via Mike Garafolo, Ian Rapoport, Eric Edholm)

Is it clear to everyone why the Tag sucks? Tricky ****?

Dugger went from 14 million to 32 million guaranteed PLUS salary. Surely Dugger will see his 2024 salary.

Ferris Bueller Snap GIF

Well....he was a Belichick draft pick....

(Ducks)

2 things i love about this offseason

- keeping the defense together is huge. Belichick for all that went wrong built a great d. This is hopefully a good indication of balance between transitioning from the mistakes ( mayo’s plans for supporting our new qb, which some took as a shot at bb but i see as relief) and holding onto the good. Alot of people here were saying to blow up the whole team and who knows maybe some new regime would have wanted to do the same.

- On a team that won 4 games last year, you have players willfully returning here without having to massively overpay. With the way our offense has been the last 2 years the fact that players on this defense not only continued to work their butt off, but want to stay and be a part of this is also good to see along with guys like onwenu/henry/bourne. We kept pretty much every noteworthy fa.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about the idea of just re-signing everyone from the 4-13 team. It's not like we're tying everything up in that. We were at $46.9M in cap space according to overthecap before this Dugger deal which will increase that number because the updated cap charge will assuredly be less than the transition tag. So we still have probably $50M+ in cap space. The fact that we've retained pretty much everyone and still have so much room left over is, IMO, a good reflection of the fact that it's a 4-13 team. Keeping everyone from such a bad team with so many holes should still leave you with lots of room which is the case.

On our cap right now we have $6.3M of dead money for Parker, $6.2M for McCourty, $2.2M for Mac Jones, $1.8M for Trent Brown, $1.2M for Adrian Phillips, $0.9M for Chris Board. Juju's $10.3M cap number is pretty much dead money for this year too unless he gets healthy as well (we can cut him next year with minimal dead money charge). That's close to $30M of money that will cover some/most of the year 2 cap charge increases on these contracts as well.

They've kept everyone but when you break it down it's really a pretty small percentage of the cap that they're devoting to this collective group. Again, that's reflective of the fact that it isn't a good team. But the guys they have kept are the bright spots on an otherwise dim roster picture. I think it makes good sense.

It was posted here a couple of weeks ago.
I did not see the post but I do have a subscription, he has a 79.3 grade for the year which would be higher if not for the poor grade in 1 Q in Dallas. He has the highest of any Patriot, he would be 27th out of 141 in the NFL for the year if he maintained that play.

In addition he only played in 3 games and 1 quarter, and the poster here mentions "in his 5 games played"?

He was NOT the worst rated CB in PFF, not sure if there is some subset of the main metric but I see nothing indicating anything close to that?

Attachments

• ChrisGPFF.jpg
    ChrisGPFF.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 5
Woah just read there’s upside to 66m, but guarantees are 32m

Hmm up to 16.5m per year. I'm betting there's a lot of incentives in this deal. He's probably more likely to make 56m than 66m. But still deal is done. Dugger is locked up. We still don't have a great FS in place. But it's always difficult to replace a talent like Devin McCourty.

I am happy we got him signed

It is too much money, but these days who wants to play in New England?

The New England team use to be like Hawaii to free agents & now we are Haiti

Much prefer signing a proven team player, than gamble on the Ju Ju, “I got another Boo Boo” waist of money signings

Last years signings of JuJu & James Robinson made me think a Bologna Bob had health express doing The physicals

Last edited:
What a ****ing ridiculous ****ing waste of precious ****ing salary-cap space.

Only 3 ****ing’s in one sentence
Does that mean there’s still a chance you’ll like him one day lol

I was thinking you were not well, because of your lack of posting
This post made me smile. Your perfectly fine

What a ****ing ridiculous ****ing waste of precious ****ing salary-cap space.

Uncle Dugg is so ****ing overrated here it’s not even ****ing funny.

That ****ing pick should’ve been Trevon Diggs.

It was wicked awesome when you stopped posting for a few weeks and many of us thought/hoped that your miserable ass was gone for good. Let’s play that game again but this time let’s change the timer settings to “indefinite”.

That is alot. Mayo must really see him as key to this defense and i guess im fine with it. Next up barmore and peppers (unless they feel a pure fs would be better next year).

I hope he keeps Peppers (and Barmore). Peppers has seemed to really blossom in a system that recognizes his versatility.

Very weird thing to say of behalf of PFF. Maybe because he was matched up against the best WR's? Even Tyreek Hill said Gonzalez is really good.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back