PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger 4 yr extension $58 mil

Considering he's among the best strong safeties in the NFL, 4th or 5th highest paid is good value.

I don't get the consternation with this signing, anytime he's healthy he leads the team in solo tackles, is near tops in tackles for a loss and makes plays in the passing game. The guy's a stud.

They should find a legit free safety so Dugger can roam around the line of scrimmage more, they never replaced McCourty's center field skills and Kyle's speed is best used near the line.

I agree with this, but I think the fact that he has the speed and athleticism to play centerfield adds to his value, especially since they have Peppers and Mapu to play SS.

If Dugger was the highest paid NFL S youd be telling me we got a good deal.
Based on what, my unfettered optimism?

See what I’ve written about the Chuka Okorafor signing and stop pretending to know what I think. I judge every move based on it’s merits.
If the RB position is seeing a downturn in a passing NFL then why do you need a top 5 highest paid S who leads the team in tackles?
He’s led us in solo tackles two out of the last three years… that wasn’t all RB’s, not even sure what that ^ means.

Teams utilize nickel defense as base defenses most of the time now. BB ran a three safety backfield for that reason. A strong safety replaced the weak side linebacker to increase team speed. The defense has been great the last two seasons in a large part because of Duggar.
Everything is good according to you. Corky Mac Jones last preseason was a worldbeater.
This ^ is just some made up blathering nonsense. When you have nothing to nitpick, you just create something… odd.

This is a ridiculous overpay but it's not my $ lol

They signed Orkorofor too doesn't mean LT is set. They both are worst case scenarios. I still think we need a real starter at LT and QB.
That's why I stated LT initially. I don't see Okorafor as an option at LT. I only seen Anderson and Lowe there with the people currently on the roster.
What areas haven't been addressed other than LT ?? And yes, LTs taken in the 1st two rounds DO tend to start right away or at least some during their rookie year. Or do Matt Light, Nate Solder, and Isaiah Wynn not count?

I expect a trade down so the Pats can grab a LT and QB. WR will be a bonus, but I would be surprised if they went after a Safety, Corner and a 2nd OT...

My Initial thoughts were 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds. A trade down would give them a QB and WR as well.

This is a ridiculous overpay but it's not my $ lol

Go ahead and explain. Please consider that, over the last 3 seasons, his numbers have been nearly identical to Justin Simmons..

Go ahead and explain. Please consider that, over the last 3 seasons, his numbers have been nearly identical to Justin Simmons..
Just look at the market. I'd rather have Blackmon and at the $ he signed for.

I guess that Dugger was the last re-signing. It is amazing me with all the talk about Belichick's poor player selection, yet all the Patriots have been doing is resigning players formerly selected by Bill. Just Amazing. When do the Patriots sign free agents, Oh that time passed. How do the Patriots fill all the holes? Via the Draft. We all know that most drafted players don't start. How about filing the needs with traded players, what do the Patriots have to trade with, players they just signed? I don't think so, that would just create more holes to fill. What a mess and it is all Bill Belichick's fault, I don't think so. Thank you Bob Kraft for screwing up this team.
I've always had trouble with that logic. If every single player on the team was a choice of Bill's, how exactly can they re-sign anyone who wasn't a Bill choice? They can't start without any players.

Just look at the market. I'd rather have Blackmon and at the $ he signed for.
I'm a bit shocked that the Pats didn't sign Blackmon as well. They have the cash to do it and that would have put Blackmon, Dugger, and Peppers on the field with Gonzalez and another Corner. I have to wonder if they're gonna move Jon Jones to Free Safety and use him as the Star DB

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back